+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jolly Q um err My Dad is Gay er oops I mean STD is RECRUITING!

Jolly Q um err My Dad is Gay er oops I mean STD is RECRUITING!

Before the server merge we made the tactical error of merging with those that were not up to our standards (gear wise, not quality of player) to get our numbers up to what we thought would help us compete on the new server. We are correcting this now, and have been working on fixing the problem over the last 3 weeks as we purged our ranks.

So we are going back to JQ requirements to build up a tight knit pvp guild that controls the oceans and can pose a challenge to anyone on land. So can you answer yes to one of the following questions?

1. Do you own a Tank (or 2 or 3)?

2. Is your Gear Score over 4500?

3. Do you have a Galleon with minimum Divine Cannons?

If you can answer yes to just one of these, then you may be someone we would like to recruit. What we can offer our new, active recruits is the following.

1. Guild events almost every night

2. Active and involved Leadership

3. Thryson to yell at you and call you wrong at least 3 times a week.

4. If you got one of the above requirements, the guild can help you achieve the other 2.

5. Teamspeak, especial for guild events and pvp. If you canít or donít like to use TS, then this guild is not for you.

6. Sexual Harassment by Aura (he is an equal opportunity harasser so expect this no matter what, male/female or something in between, especially if something in between.)

If at all interested please whisper, message, mail in game Anoron.

x

do you accept faction transfers?

We accept faction transfers, but the above requirements would still apply, but you just need to meet one of them.

I didn't know JQ had gearscore and divine cannon requirement I didn't know you guys had that ability to see that before they came out
    <Rage>

Gem my pants Trion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uranic View Post
    I didn't know JQ had gearscore and divine cannon requirement I didn't know you guys had that ability to see that before they came out
    hey you're that guy that did like 3/4 of my health with charged bolt lmao
    TUTURU
    sloppy toppy

Me no I have no damage I'm noob
    <Rage>

Gem my pants Trion!!!

Please more people X. Thryson comes into my guild TS when his is empty and yells at us to fill his loud noises quota.

I think you're making a good move with this. Mass recruiting never works.

Getting a large number players the gear they need is next to impossible. To give a small example, if you have 100 people that need drops from Serp, it's a lot more difficult than if you have 4 or 5. If you did 50 runs, those 4 or 5 people could be completely geared out whereas if you had to bring 100 people through, they might only have 1 or 2 pieces each because they're all rolling against each other. You need to have as many people geared out as possible so they can in turn help others and create exponential growth. Large numbers might look nice, but you're only killing yourself, frustrating members and slowing down your progress.

Also, when you start a guild, you have an identity. Your core members create that identity. If you slowly grow, your newer members conform to that identity. The bad apples either leave on their own or get weeded out. When you mass recruit, your identity turns into whatever the identity is of the mass recruits and generally have a complete lack of respect for leadership.

I've never seen mass-recruiting work as a long-term strategy for a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Collusion View Post
    I think you're making a good move with this. Mass recruiting never works.

Getting a large number players the gear they need is next to impossible. To give a small example, if you have 100 people that need drops from Serp, it's a lot more difficult than if you have 4 or 5. If you did 50 runs, those 4 or 5 people could be completely geared out whereas if you had to bring 100 people through, they might only have 1 or 2 pieces each because they're all rolling against each other. You need to have as many people geared out as possible so they can in turn help others and create exponential growth. Large numbers might look nice, but you're only killing yourself, frustrating members and slowing down your progress.

Also, when you start a guild, you have an identity. Your core members create that identity. If you slowly grow, your newer members conform to that identity. The bad apples either leave on their own or get weeded out. When you mass recruit, your identity turns into whatever the identity is of the mass recruits and generally have a complete lack of respect for leadership.

I've never seen mass-recruiting work as a long-term strategy for a guild.
    Usually I think you're a ♥♥♥♥-♥♥♥ Collusion, but you could not be more right in this. A lot of us have seen guilds come and go as a direct result of that sort of rapid recruitment.

EDIT: Looking forward to seeing STDs on the seas
    Rickie
    <Lusty Seabugs>
    Pirates Green of Nazar, Bastards of Lucius. Returned for AA:U as a filthy casual on Runert.

Never Say Die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast