+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: How are we supose to get Golem mount, when log in tracker is broken?

I have this problem every single day. So, if I clicked the button the day before, it's grayed out the entire next day.

That means the most clicks I can get in a month is 15. Right now I'm at 7 because it's the 14th...

This being the 14th, I should be on the 14th click, yes? I log in every day to do my routine which includes firstly the login tracker then merit quests, and YET I am not on the 14th day. I am on the 11th. Two more days of not being able to click the login tracker for whatever silly reason is causing this, and I'm futzed.

Frustrated.

Both of you need to read through the tread here. The problem is explained.

If you're having problems with login every day, it's because your normal playtime is during the timer's grey-out window. This is the time between the tracker's first reset and the second one. Right now the only way to get a login every day is to use the tracker some other time if you can.

Let's do another run-down.

In game text says "Daily Login Resets at 12AM".
    Exactly when this "12AM" happens is inconsistent. If you're in PST time zone, it really is midnight. In other zones, some have said it's at their midnight, other say PST midnight.

But you can only log in once per "day" which starts and ends with the Blue Salt daily reset. If you can login before daily reset, you can get your login every day. But if you login after reset, the game waits until "12AM" to reset from the prior day's login.

On Day 1 the tracker works. On Day 2 (after reset), the game waits till 12AM (per in game text). So between daily reset and 12AM, the tracker will not work if you used it yesterday. If it works, you missed a day.

I relog after 12AM every day and the tracker works fine. But staying up is sometimes a hassle.
    But it's always greyed out between 4PM and 12AM. People who login in the morning or early afternoon have no problems. For US-based players, only people who play in the evening are affected.

If you are only a few days behind on the tracker, or when you can use it seems inconsistent, it's because some days you login before daily reset.

ALso to be clear to people who have missed a few days due to buggy login tracker (i've missed a day or two due to it myself) as long as you get 21 days out of this whole 30 day month you'll be fine. As 21 days is all thats necessary to get the "token" for the golem mount in 4 months. So you can theoretically miss 9 days of login tracker and still be "safe"

Can someone confirm that the login tracker resets at MONTH end and not after the 25 days it shows? It would go a long way towards making this possible for me to get to 21 days.....

Like so many things here, it is crap coding... but I find that if it works in the late morning or early afternoon most of the time.

You gotta love how they just ignore the broken stuff and move forward like everything is peachy keen, lol.

Z
    Many Guilds, One United Pirate Nation!
    "The only place fascism comes before freedom is in the dictionary."

Znick - Black Corsairs - Morpheus

I messed up my login tracker yesterday...pressed the button at 4:02 and all day today I have been unable to click it.

God damn it D:
    ΣllianΛ
    ♗ Soothesayer
    ✎ Author of Kyrios Fiction
    ღ Pocket Healer of Elusios.

Yes, I'm in the evening in USA so since that's the only time I usually play, I can only get 15 logins a month. maybe 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kytt View Post
    Both of you need to read through the tread here. The problem is explained.

If you're having problems with login every day, it's because your normal playtime is during the timer's grey-out window. This is the time between the tracker's first reset and the second one. Right now the only way to get a login every day is to use the tracker some other time if you can.

Let's do another run-down.

In game text says "Daily Login Resets at 12AM".
    Exactly when this "12AM" happens is inconsistent. If you're in PST time zone, it really is midnight. In other zones, some have said it's at their midnight, other say PST midnight.

But you can only log in once per "day" which starts and ends with the Blue Salt daily reset. If you can login before daily reset, you can get your login every day. But if you login after reset, the game waits until "12AM" to reset from the prior day's login.

On Day 1 the tracker works. On Day 2 (after reset), the game waits till 12AM (per in game text). So between daily reset and 12AM, the tracker will not work if you used it yesterday. If it works, you missed a day.

I relog after 12AM every day and the tracker works fine. But staying up is sometimes a hassle.
    But it's always greyed out between 4PM and 12AM. People who login in the morning or early afternoon have no problems. For US-based players, only people who play in the evening are affected.

If you are only a few days behind on the tracker, or when you can use it seems inconsistent, it's because some days you login before daily reset.
    This is completely missing the point. The playerbase should never have to work around a simple bug to have access to a feature in the game. As a developer I can tell you that these issues revolving around client vs database time are simple fixes. The fact that any aspect of the game uses the client time rather than server is embarrassing. It's pure laziness that this issue and the issue with event timings still being in GMT exists in the first place. Players should be compensated while the issue exists or the feature should be removed. It is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poh View Post
    This is completely missing the point. The playerbase should never have to work around a simple bug to have access to a feature in the game. As a developer I can tell you that these issues revolving around client vs database time are simple fixes. The fact that any aspect of the game uses the client time rather than server is embarrassing. It's pure laziness that this issue and the issue with event timings still being in GMT exists in the first place. Players should be compensated while the issue exists or the feature should be removed. It is embarrassing.
    Oh, I totally agree! The system is really absurd, sloppy, unfair and needs to be fixed!
    I have been posting to try to help players understand how it's working so they don't have to miss out unless they really can't make the login windows.

And Celestrata has already posted that they're aware of the problem and are going to take it up with XL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast