+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Event timers...

Event timers...

North American player here!

Because of where I live, America (go figure) I'm stuck in a boat of anger and confusion as to why the event timers would -only- happen while everyone's at work?

For those of us who work and live in america, it is insanely infuriating that luscas and mistmarrow are at 9 am and 1 pm pacific time. Is this a joke?

Currently I am playing to PvP, upgrade my guild cloak, and acquire the serpentis 500 warrior medal belt. But as a North American player, I can't farm medals or honor for ♥♥♥♥ because I miss the events.

Today was an exception, I asked to come into work late today so I could attend mistmarrow and luscas, how stupid of me right? Well today of all days we have maintenance.

Trion, please fix the event timers. We know they are "hard coded" but this is going to ruin the ♥♥♥♥ing game. As someone in the top 40 Gearscore NA, this will be the culprit of why I quit.

Oh yah, still no word from backdrop firebolt or gods whip... What's the word on that?
    -NA Calleil

but if you miss out on content, then you will spend more money to catch up :^)

These problems have been around for MONTHS. Change comes slow round these parts so don't hold your breath. It'll happen eventually, but by then you probably will have stopped caring.

I would rather see all evens more often and instead of the current event list we have to do 3rd year university math to figure out(joke but not really), put one in that shows XXhr XXmin until event. Timers are already going .. show them to the player in a handy page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremlock View Post
    but by then you probably will have stopped playing.
    Fixed that for you man
    -NA Calleil

Ya when it comes to change you either quit because it didn't come or stay and stop caring when it does come.

Or do what I do, go insane and constantly complain on the internet

Event Timers are locked within the game's version. Everyone knows it sucks and there is no way to find the perfect time for players of all time zones to be comfortable with. This problem is going to exist until XL creates a new way for events time to be server based rather than region based. It's annoying for sure but that's where we are right now. It's not a simple fix and they have more important things to worry about atm. Like the Dropback/Fireball Fix, Lighthouse Ship Exploit, Diamond Shores NPC Respawn, a few Ayanad Library loot rate issues and ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    they have more important things to worry about atm. Like the Dropback/Fireball Fix, Lighthouse Ship Exploit, Diamond Shores NPC Respawn, a few Ayanad Library loot rate issues and ETC.
    Importance is quite subjective. Ayanads for example. Perhaps 1% of players could ever attain an ayanad. Even if they increased pattern drop rates. Meanwhile. 1000s of players would like to do SoG, Mistmarrow, etc but can't because they live in california and have a job.

FYI... there have been updates most every Tuesday AM since release.

Z
    Many Guilds, One United Pirate Nation!
    "The only place fascism comes before freedom is in the dictionary."

Znick - Black Corsairs - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Dremlock View Post
    Importance is quite subjective. Ayanads for example. Perhaps 1% of players could ever attain an ayanad. Even if they increased pattern drop rates. Meanwhile. 1000s of players would like to do SoG, Mistmarrow, etc but can't because they live in california and have a job.
    Indeed however the things I listed can be done quite easily with some simple changes to the code and some testing. They've stated in the Livestream that changing the system which handles the in-game times would require a complete restructure of the code as well as all the testing that would have to be done to make sure it's working properly. I'm not saying Event times isn't important but there is a lot of work that must be done to make that happen and they would have to do that along with all of the things they already have on their plate, including new content. I just don't see a change happening any time soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast