+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Mysterious burning lands

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    894

    Mysterious burning lands

    Today on Ragora EU server, Mermaids tear island I went to claim land around 23:00 PST to a demoing property. I won the plot. After awhile I talked to the locals, then was walking around. I noticed pine trees and buffalos that I was able to have access to. It ended up one 16x16 seemed to have been uprooted. So I bought a solar farm and placed it.

    I did one fert pack trade run, and a WB call, came back and saw yet more trees open with buffalos. So again I bought a solar farm and placed it. Then twenty minutes later a third farm was open with the pines. Keep in mind, at 23:00 Sandeep, when I claimed that land, I checked taxes on all those properties, and all were paid up to date and I rechecked a few times as well.

    So while I am standing there a gazebo paid up to date burns and no, no one was around to demo it. I did claim all this land but what is going on? Why is land mysterious burning?

    Is it due to Trion instantly burning property of banned accounts, not that I know these people were banned. Or is this some game error? What would cause lands to just burned without being demod and paid up to date?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisha View Post
    Today on Ragora EU server, Mermaids tear island I went to claim land around 23:00 PST to a demoing property. I won the plot. After awhile I talked to the locals, then was walking around. I noticed pine trees and buffalos that I was able to have access to. It ended up one 16x16 seemed to have been uprooted. So I bought a solar farm and placed it.

    I did one fert pack trade run, and a WB call, came back and saw yet more trees open with buffalos. So again I bought a solar farm and placed it. Then twenty minutes later a third farm was open with the pines. Keep in mind, at 23:00 Sandeep, when I claimed that land, I checked taxes on all those properties, and all were paid up to date and I rechecked a few times as well.

    So while I am standing there a gazebo paid up to date burns and no, no one was around to demo it. I did claim all this land but what is going on? Why is land mysterious burning?

    Is it due to Trion instantly burning property of banned accounts, not that I know these people were banned. Or is this some game error? What would cause lands to just burned without being demod and paid up to date?

    My guess is banned accounts. Probably one account with multiple characters and it just went down the list.
    Stupid phone and your auto correct.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    894
    Even if it got banned wouldn't it have to wait for demo? I mean tax's were paid. Their has been times where Trion told me, your account has been banned, and I would have to appeal. Sometimes appeal works, well most, but one time it didn't. Didn't do anything wrong but even then I had to wait for the two properties that account owned to burn. So its weird.

  4. #4
    More then likely someone just pulled up their designs.
    IGN: Lachrymator | Server: Kraken | Faction: Nui
    Guild: Shipwrecked

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    492
    How do you know that the owner didn't demolish the properties? After demolishing a gazebo, if you don't hit it and destroy it the property will catch on fire after a certain amount of time.
    ~*♥Frightmare♥*~
    *Queen of Nazar*

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymator View Post
    More then likely someone just pulled up their designs.
    Nope.

    There are two plots on the island for sale for 1s each to the same person. The farm spot vanished. You may say ok he bought the farm, picked it up. But then why not the lux house right beside him.

    And no one was demoing the three farms when they went down, tax's paid. And I saw the gazebo burn.

    Does Trion have a new policy or what?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritemare View Post
    How do you know that the owner didn't demolish the properties? After demolishing a gazebo, if you don't hit it and destroy it the property will catch on fire after a certain amount of time.
    I was standing o the island the whole time. No one was around. hence I claimed all the properties one by one. Hell when the gazebo was burning I TP'ed to CM, tore down a unbuilt manor, Tp back to bluegrass to place it down

    Something strange did happen today on the island. I just don't know if there's a new policy in pack where land burns before expires.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisha View Post
    Even if it got banned wouldn't it have to wait for demo? I mean tax's were paid. Their has been times where Trion told me, your account has been banned, and I would have to appeal. Sometimes appeal works, well most, but one time it didn't. Didn't do anything wrong but even then I had to wait for the two properties that account owned to burn. So its weird.
    I had a very similar thing happen on morpheus, I was standing at a crafting house and all the sudden i could attack it. Just two minutes before I had noticed taxes were paid. Now i didn't see anyone walk up to the house and demo it but the person could have done it from the inside i guess. Luckily i had a deed in my inventory and grabbed the spot. I thought it was a bit strange as well though.

  9. #9
    Senior Member WhoaWoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    1,376
    Even if an account is banned, the land doesn't get instantly demo'd. They let it deteriorate naturally so that everyone, even a new account of the person who got banned, can attempt to claim/reclaim it after it demos through tax failure. I know this through experience :P

    I would say most likely someone demo'd their property in the time you were gone after checking it, and by the time you returned, it was burning. There is quite a delay between demoing a property and it entering the burning phase, especially for larger structures like gazebos. You can't check the taxes on a demo'd but not destroyed land since I believe it comes up as "Unknown," so it being demo'd while you were gone is the only thing that makes sense to me other than a game bug. If you're really curious, you could mail the previous owner of the land and ask if you remember the name.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    I wonder if this is what happens if someone deletes a character while owning land... does it let you delete a character if you own land?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts