View Poll Results: Should there be a sale on regrade charms in light of the Regrade event?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I believe this option would improve player opportunity to make gear equally.

48 47.52%
  • No. I believe they are affordable enough.

53 52.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Put Superior Red and Yellow Regrade Charms on Sale on Marketplace for the Regrade Event!

Petition: Put Superior Red and Yellow Regrade Charms on Sale on Marketplace for the Regrade Event!

Okay. Just putting this out there: 1900g per try for a 20-30% chance of success definitely does not help the people who this event is SUPPOSED to help!.

People who are undergeared can't even afford that, while the players who already own content will probably have full Epic armor + weps after this event is over.

The only way you're going to make this event work for the players, is if you put the Superior Charms back on the mall, and you put all charms on SALE!

The RNG boxes are not reliable sources of superior charms anymore: I opened 100 boxes last night and didn't get a single superior charm, and only got 6 red regrade charms.

If you feel like the Christmas season, 40-50% off charms including Superiors would be an EXCELLENT Christmas Present from Trion!

Edit: Just a story that I posted in one of our many regrade threads:

It seems the closer I get to a full Divine set, the more RNG has screwed me.

The items on top row are what I have left in succession.

The Daggers and Katana were all Great Successes.
    The Cap, was Great Success
    Pants were Great Success
    Shirt was Celestial >Divine after 2 rounds of Arcane reversions.
    Shoes were Celestial >Divine
    Wrists (Shadow Warrior Shadows) were Great Success AFTER 2 Celestial > Arcane reversions AND a Unique >Arcane Reversion.
    Massively Failed T4 Obsidian Shirt
    Gloves were the beginning of what I'd call hell.
    Failed both T4 and T1 gloves at Celestial back to Arcane on try 1.
    Massive Failed T1 on try 2, Failed T4 back to Arcane a second time after several Unique failures.
    Failed a SECOND T1 back to Arcane from Celestial.
    Finally succeeded T4 Celestial >Divine.

The Belt that is highlighted is a curse. No one crafts/regrades this belt for sale, so buying it premade is impossible, and very few people farm/identify Auroria armors, making it even rarer.

Failed FIRST one 4 times at Celestial before Massive Failure.
    Failed Second one twice so far at Celestial, and twice at Unique.

What have I spent?

Well, it's hard to monetize, as I've done this as I went. But I can tell you this:

17 Tstrucks Sold (some for 450g).
    122 Superior Fire Lunarite
    110 Superior Wave Lunarite
    80 Natural Rubber sold
    28 Wooden Mana Wisps sold (selling whatever doesn't proc a Delph or Epherium Wave Bow)
    12 Fine Fire Lunarite
    18 Fine Wave Lunarite
    6 Sunridge Ingots.
    3 Celestial Obsidian Shields.

I can't list all the ins and outs I've sold but I think I've listed the major things.

Loyalty Tokens: 1400

79, 930 Credits, 40k spent on RNG boxes that failed to produce any Superior Regrade charms at all.

39, 900 spent on Yellow/Superior Yellow Regrade Charms.

I'm running out of things to sell, and I can't buy more credits.
    About all I have of value left, is a ton of stone brick at highly nerfed prices, stacks of hereafters that aren't selling, and about 124 Emeralds and 65 Topaz's, and a Timber coupe design. Months and months of farming gone in the blink of an eye.

I just want a divine buff. My opponents have Epic buffs. But at this rate....

I pushed for a regrade charms sale and got rebuked by a few trolls on another post. I wonder if they spent this much trying their piss poor efforts? (I haven't seen a single person post here, talking about spending more; my guild teases me saying I'm a rich bish when I don't feel rich at all)

Something I didn't mention yet:
    Every single attempt Unique + had a charm.

Or you know...stop playing this game...?
    -NA Calleil

So..... You think allowing people already dropping IRL money to sell things ingame, to then buy Red Regrades ingame, to just directly buy those red regrades with IRL money will make it better? This will actually be a huge advantage to P2W since they can just cut out that middle sale. That middle sale is key since the mass selling of things bought with credits, to make money to buy things they cant get with credits, drives those prices down, stomping some of the inflation that has occurred since the last money dump event.

I agree something needs to be changed. The cost of regrading is way too high (the punishment for failure, although quite brutal, is OK).

Here was my thought process for this event:

-I want to try to regrade my Celestial weapon
    -If it fails and or breaks, I will play more/work hard/a small swipe to help to buy another weapon
    -Trion gets some cash and I continue to have something to work for

So I realise I have over 100 Loyalty points saved, I buy a Lucky Sunpoint but then realise I cannot even afford to buy a Superior Red for over 1500g. So I sell the Lucky Sunpoint and try to ignore all of the regrade spam on my screen, sitting at Celestial with nothing left to work for. Regrading is too expensive.

My last mmo, also a Korean P2W import, the regrading cost next to nothing but just like here in AA if you failed it would put you out of the front line for a while. No one there ever hit the max regrade, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
    Or you know...stop playing this game...?
    Downloading ESO as I type this- because the time has finally arrived!

I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Katki View Post
    Downloading ESO as I type this- because the time has finally arrived!

Lol if you are going to ESO, then you definitely will be back here soon. ESO is not a well made game.
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiggler View Post
    Lol if you are going to ESO, then you definitely will be back here soon. ESO is not a well made game.
    Yeah, ESO is pretty bad.

Seriously,i cant believe this community.Crying all the time because its no easy enough.
    They are increasing regrade chances,its alrdy crazy how easy it is to have some top pieces.And people wants more and more all the time;Next thing ,people will ask random epic pieces on daily present box.
    U had months to earn money,you could buy 2.3 sup red charms for 900g like i did and try ur luck,or sell it for money.This event is already a joke,and you want it worst.

The cancer of games today,is the people wanting things easier and easier,and making companies changing the rules every ♥♥♥ing update.Things like %regrade chances,gemstone system,armor/weapon craft should have a fixed rule,and should not be changed all the time.
    Spending 2 months trying to drop a block cloak,to finaly drop it the day before the prestige cloak update is sick.They make ppl working hard on their game ,mad.You spend hours and hours and thousands gold,to finaly have a full gemed shield,and they put some unbreakable gems the day after.It makes me wanna puke and stop dedicating myself to this game,that gives away everything,after the ones who invested themselves into the game reached it.

Not even speaking of proficiency,totaly useless,while it could be an awsome system,where people would focus on 2.3 prof,and would be the only ones being able to craft potions,accessories,weapons,specials good stuff etc and would trade eachother their "speciality" Right now any **** can craft an obsidian t1 and make it a better item than an actual crafted delphinad kind of item.

I vote no. Make ALL regrade charms come out of the xmas boots or drop in purses or something so undergeared people can actually get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    So..... You think allowing people already dropping IRL money to sell things ingame, to then buy Red Regrades ingame, to just directly buy those red regrades with IRL money will make it better? This will actually be a huge advantage to P2W since they can just cut out that middle sale. That middle sale is key since the mass selling of things bought with credits, to make money to buy things they cant get with credits, drives those prices down, stomping some of the inflation that has occurred since the last money dump event.
    It offers the same benefit to both the market buyers and the secondary buyers who pay with gold. This event is hugely P2W atm, because the only people who can afford mass quantities, are the people who win all content, who are consequently also p2w in general, and excludes their competition UNLESS their competition is buying credits, and converting it to gold, and then inverting gold into Superior charms.

Your argument would hold water, if superior charms came from in game. They do not. They 100% come from RNG boxes, requiring significant cash input into the credit purchases. Which means, right now, not near as many Superior charms are entering the market as are leaving the market. Which means the price is going higher and higher as supply cannot keep up with demand, and the highest power money in the game is chasing the charms.

On Sale, A credit > Charm buyer, would both be able to make profit (selling between the price for half to full price for a charm), drive prices down (good for everyone), and use some for themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast