+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I've invested to much money to quit

You have 2 options:
    1. maybe you are bored because you are playing in the wrong environment which doesn't suit your playstyle. Often what keeps players playing an MMO is not beacuse of the game, but because of the community (guild) they meet during playing it.

Maybe try to change your environment, which suits your personal goals.

2. if the previous experiement doesn't work, then yea, you are bored because of the game and you should quit.
    Veteran KR/RU/Alpha player, The Hamster
    General BrutLeX from Kyprosa(EU) / Primeval since day1

Quote Originally Posted by Zzz View Post
    Some of us have more money then we know what to do with or are given the option of working over time. So would you rather make 1,200 gold a hour working IRL or 120 working in game?

Also some of us have emotional problems which cause us to P2W so we can feel good about ourselves by being better than others or just for the attention.
    Read the first "big" letters in the lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet01 View Post
    What? How is he Trolling?

And really, I have spent a lot of money on this game and I have not won anything. What is there to win?
    Game which reward money investment and "punish" in game activity is a trash. This game has good basic features and worst publisher. Fake "bugfix" and "balance" will not enough if players can choose other new MMO. So.., say goodbye to your money and leave this desert in 2016! (if non p2w users chose other game whales will follow the swarm)

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Read the first "big" letters in the lines!
    Why? That would be pointless.

And the problem is you can spend thousands like me and end up with less than $20 of in game items from things blowing up, but still be way ahead of the natural curve. A no lifer can easily make 15,000g/month just by playing legit. That's like $300 worth of apex on morpheus, thing is I can spend $300 AND no life 15,000g if I wanted to. This makes it so I'm always twice as geared as a normal player, of course that's only good untill you hit the divine wall, then good luck getting epic and don't even start me on legendary+.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoug View Post
    Anyone else in the same boat as me? I've spent a decent sum of money on this game, and that is sort of keeping me in this game. Even though it's a pretty ♥♥♥♥ty game.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
    Some times you just got to cut your losses rather than loosing more.
    You can only appeal bans by sending an email to appeals@trionworlds.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremlock View Post
    I've spent close to a bajillion dollars but would quit at the drop of a hat if something better comes along.
    While I am in the same boat as the OP, what Demlock stated is the reason why I am still here - there simply is nothing better out there that is less of a cash grab and more of a game where players are required to have skills to achieve something (instead of pure luck).

If a game comes out where you only pay for e.g. a sub plus vanity items, that you can DIRECTLY buy (instead of stupid RNG boxes), a game that looks as good as ArcheAge or better, a game that has a crafting system, which does not rely on RNG only (the proficiency requirements are a joke), a game that has a less toxic community, because being a pirate / $#!% is punished much more severely and a game where rules are enforced inside the game, too - I will definitely leave ArcheAge for that game in the blink of an eye.

Other than that I am stuck here. If I could get 50% to 25% of what I had invested into this game, I would take the money and quit. Sadly there is neither a legal way to sell what I have nor is there a better game to leave for. So I am stuck here for at least the next year (because a game I think will be better is still at a very early stage of development and while it looks promising, it's still not really playable).

I know for sure though, that I will be avoiding games made by XLG or published by Trion.
    Got a problem, reporting a bot, hacker or an exploit?
    Silence! Trion is busy nerfing cars!
    http://i.imgur.com/CXS77fp.gif

I feel the same.

I really am trying to keep positive about the game but it is very hard to, especially when Trion are themselves so clueless about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzz View Post
    Why? That would be pointless.

And the problem is you can spend thousands like me and end up with less than $20 of in game items from things blowing up, but still be way ahead of the natural curve. A no lifer can easily make 15,000g/month just by playing legit. That's like $300 worth of apex on morpheus, thing is I can spend $300 AND no life 15,000g if I wanted to. This makes it so I'm always twice as geared as a normal player, of course that's only good untill you hit the divine wall, then good luck getting epic and don't even start me on legendary+.
    LIttle help: WHO CARES?!
    You spend money in GAME to get advantage vs real players and ignore normal upgrade times. You joined to the game breaker system to broke server-faction and guild balance. You support The Company to use more and more pay-to-kill-other-gamer options in this game and ignore what most of players want in (this) game. You don't care lies and "misinformations" because you get 0day-invest-kill-the-normal-p(l)ayer options and direct connection to the real-money-grab-system. Your informations are wrongs or not precises. 500 gold/day? Really? Before or after do you pay 1-2k USD?

Well i dont log into AA anymore but i can only say that me and some guildys quited (60 ppl) we play guild wars and i only spent 50 box for the game. And trust me we are having fun. Just quit while you can.
    A-List Hero

No Lives Matter

Content Creators Unite!

Youtube

Alpha wasn't P2W, I didn't research properly :/

Still love the game, still play the game.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast