+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unbind Players From Servers.

I don't know if you have noticed but the capacity for a server is not very high.

Imagine MM with 2000 v 2000. It would be a cluster F. Or any other open world event for that matter.

This game is just not that big.

On kraken east for Abyssal/Lucas we will get maybe two raids. So 100 people. The West has maybe 300? Pirates maybe 50? The server shows "high" at that time.

I don't think archeage is the type of game where something like this would work at all alone because of systems like events and heroes alone.
    [ Dahuta EU | Xdrac | <Navarchy> ]
    [ xdrac.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by Figg View Post
    I don't know if you have noticed but the capacity for a server is not very high.

Imagine MM with 2000 v 2000. It would be a cluster F. Or any other open world event for that matter.

This game is just not that big.

On kraken east for Abyssal/Lucas we will get maybe two raids. So 100 people. The West has maybe 300? Pirates maybe 50? The server shows "high" at that time.
    Agreed, it is a sandbox not a beach. End result ends up being all events are screwed up, nothing gets accomplished due to being contested, each persons wealth/power remains relatively the same. Would likely increase the amount of griefing, purple"ing", but on the upside the PVP would also. The servers have already proven to to be able to handle the load, and instancing a house would upset the rp'ers that want to decorate their house for all to see.

It needs something to shake it up that's for sure as we are going to the opposition gr/cr just to find pvp and have had a few instances where no one even showed up (Aranzeb-supposed popular server). Can't fight in housing when not in war, arena queue times end up finally popping up after I forgot I have even queued, and you can literally go through multiple hostile faction zones before finding anyone. PVE and events with broken mechanics is 90%. Without Kraken/Luscas PVP is dead. I know people would say what about Halci and Diamond Shores...on the servers I have been on (Ollo, Kyrios, Aranzeb) these fights tend to get heavily weighted to one faction and Haci ends most of the time in minutes. DS usually ends as soon as one side is out numbered also. Something needs to change and it is up to them to figure it out as they have the experience and get paid to make it entertaining which is seriously lacking.

If you want gigaserver:
    - 8* more players use same land than now , casuals cry to get pvp land as safe potato field, but you want 8-9* bigger population in same non competitive land system
    - 8* more players but same guild size
    - 8* more players and same rewards". You will have 1/8 chance to get limited resources ( boss materials, weapons, armors)
    -1/8 archeum and regrade materials/ players

yeah. Nice idea.

If you want transfer: we will get this, but this is gamble. If transfer is limited = same "not so good" servers . If we have
    free move option 1-2 server will "ultra low" populated. Bad change to worst...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2