+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Discussion Thread: Skill Cost & Skill Saver Pendant

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Discussion Thread: Skill Cost & Skill Saver Pendant

Adventurers!

XL has made some very large changes to skill cost in relation to the introduction of the skill saver pendant, and we want your feedback, both positive and negative!

In Update 2.5, the cost to change your skills or re-spec your points has increased. However, to change your spec with a skill saver pendant is less expensive (and easier to use) than re-speccing all of your points. Please try out the new systems, both with the vendors and with the pendant, and let us know your thoughts.

Additionally, we want to let you know that all current and former patrons will receive one Skill Saver Pendant for one of their characters at the release of Update 2.5. This pendant will be granted through Glyph, and will be available at a time after the release of Update 2.5. This single pendant will allow you to unlock the first saved skill set option. There will also be ways to earn pendants via other means in Bloodsong.

Knowing that we'll get one for free is a huge relief. Prices seem fine although they are a bit odd with the shift towards being much cheaper with the skill saver

Anything that takes existing functionality and makes it harder and more expensive, while giving us a marketplace purchase to retain the original functionality, shouldn't even be considered, honestly. It's the same as saying "Hey, what you used to do is now more expensive, but if you buy the new Skill Saver Pendant and use pre-set skill sets, it'll be the same price as normal!"

I don't find this acceptable, honestly. If you guys are going to make Skill Saver Pendants have the bonus of cheaper respec, then they should be cheaper than what the price is at the very moment, instead of increasing the price of something that's been fixed since the game came out.

Also, I'll say that by making skill/class changing more expensive, you're sort of hinting that you don't want us to play around with classes and builds as often. Even if it's 1g more expensive, that's still a big hit to theorycrafters and people just messing around and trying new things.

Please keep the same prices for respec, make Skill Saver Pendant have cheaper respec from the current costs.

Edit: I know it's to increase incentive of buying the Skill Saver Pendant, but honestly, it's incentive enough just to have the quality of life feature (That I would argue, the 3 saving spots should be free in its entirety to begin with, but I digress). Making it cheaper than the current prices to respec to a saved build is incentive enough, you don't have to increase respec prices to make people want to get this thing.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Immortalist full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

A guy mentioned 15 gold for changing all 3 trees, are you crazy ... and yeah good that you give 1 pedant but then i can save my current build and that is it ... I play a healer, this impacts me greatly because I play with different specs for the different situations:

*cleric for certain raids
    *templar for pvp
    *argent for some dungeons
    *revenant for library

Even when i play pure heal i have to respec depending on the situation. It is already expensive with all the buff and mana potions (again i am a healer), now you are going to charge a fortune for respecing ...

I don't know how is for the pure damage dealers but for healers it is a disaster.

Me as archer , my daily . I go from arcane hunter to primeval and sometimes tricktser depend of the situation . Sometimes other spec du to guild activity . That's mean I will have to reduce a lot my activitys or try to pvp in a ♥♥♥♥ty pve spec arcane hunter. the new price are really stupidly expensive in my opnion , we don't need another gold sink actually .

Quote:
    It now costs 3 times as much(3g30s vs. 1g10s at lvl 55 previously) to change out a skilltree (e.g. swapping defense for shadowplay).

And 5.5 times as much to reset the skills in a tree(55s per skill vs. 10s per skill previously).
    Unquote

So to reset 28 points * 50 s = 14 gold and to swap a tree another 3g30s

my feedback is :

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celestrata, if they want to charge this much, they should at least give us an option to reset the points 1 by 1. Now to swap 1 skill (res for buff for example) on my vitalism tree, I have to reset the whole tree which would costs me 6-7 gold. Not cool really.

Charging more gold for skill changes?

If you have a Tank or a Healer you are constantly changing skills to meet with the situation. Situations that won't have a "preset." This will have little to no impact on DPS classes that run basically PvP specs for every thing.

For solo open world I run as a mage. For Lusca I run AoE healer. For CR/GR I run hybrid spot healer/mage. If I want to solo a dungeon I sub in AoE DPS. If I'm doing serp I need to sub in for wings. So that's around 75g a day just to do what I'm already doing?

Are you kidding?

Words cannot describe how asinine the gold fees are in this change. You need to fix this NOW. Not check with XL and address in further patches. Fix it before it goes live. It may seem like a little thing, but is so absolutely indicative of what your player base feels is wrong with this game that there will be hell to pay if you don't.

Not a single dollar will you get from me while these changes are in effect, not even indirectly via in game apex purchases for gold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast