+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: "Balance changes made to match the Korean Version"

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    304

    "Balance changes made to match the Korean Version"

    You reverted the archeum tree changes so quickly from a few days of backlash yet still haven't done anything from the past half year of people complaining about the weakness of archers.

    Do you even play this game?
    LANSKEE

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    637
    Isnt it obvious they are all archeum tree farners? 15g per arena smh.

  3.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #3
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,616
    As we explained today on the livestream, class balance is something we leave entirely up to the development team and we do not meddle with at all. The dev team has a much better knowledge of the changes that may be needed to balance the game, and we defer to their knowledge and expertise in these matters.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    304
    I don't understand why you guys don't make live stream information summaries available to the entire community. Not everybody can watch your live streams, or even wants to spend 1 hour watching a video of information that should be easily available to the entire community.

    You also stated yesterday or two days ago that you left balance changes in regards to the economy to match the Korean version. That didn't stop you from changing our archeum trees almost instantly. I don't see any point you are making other than the fact that you either a) don't legally have the rights to change class balance due to your contract with XL or b) don't have people working at Trion that are capable of working on changes.

    You have done absolutely nothing to convince Trion of these issues if nothing has been done since the forum post over half a year ago with clear damage tests using a MYTHIC AYANAD BOW. They clearly left stats on costumes as a balance thing, yet you "defer to their expertise" and still haven't put stats back on costumes due to "stat creep". Make up your mind and stick to what you say. You keep backing yourself into a corner from using whatever excuse you find appropriate at the time but forget about stances you have taken in the past.
    LANSKEE

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    As we explained today on the livestream, class balance is something we leave entirely up to the development team and we do not meddle with at all. The dev team has a much better knowledge of the changes that may be needed to balance the game, and we defer to their knowledge and expertise in these matters.
    And what are you capable of?
    Celestrata no offence. if you would had a nice statement that seriously we are doomed from XL games from the beggining...we would like to play this game even with Korean /Japanase / chinese version or whatever version they had.

    At least be honest from the beginning and don't modify anything apart the language. We would had play the original version today and we would be happy to point fingers only on XL games and not Trion. First time i see publishers have no word in a game they are hosting.
    I am 32 years old and i am playing games from Atari Generation. And i bet i am not the only one in here.
    And if you want your community to tell you honestly how it looks like ? It looks like you want us to pay more to enjoy this game.

    good luck
    EX Officer of CTRL ALT DEL


    Spellsinger-retired
    Spellsong-retired
    Daggerspell-retired
    Skullnight-retired

    To all my friends
    I am sorry but real life needs stronger grind than Archeage.

    <3 Deadei
    I will always be your favorite noob :P

  6. #6
    Senior Member Thenijiway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Windscour Savannah
    Posts
    4,362
    *adds trimmed meat to the roast*

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    SupportArcher
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by iansky View Post
    You reverted the archeum tree changes so quickly from a few days of backlash yet still haven't done anything from the past half year of people complaining about the weakness of archers.

    Do you even play this game?
    Wait what? Why revert that change :/ I liked all the Auroria land holders being up in arms.


    Quote Originally Posted by vampirian View Post
    And what are you capable of?
    Celestrata no offence. if you would had a nice statement that seriously we are doomed from XL games from the beggining...we would like to play this game even with Korean /Japanase / chinese version or whatever version they had.

    At least be honest from the beginning and don't modify anything apart the language. We would had play the original version today and we would be happy to point fingers only on XL games and not Trion. First time i see publishers have no word in a game they are hosting.
    I am 32 years old and i am playing games from Atari Generation. And i bet i am not the only one in here.
    And if you want your community to tell you honestly how it looks like ? It looks like you want us to pay more to enjoy this game.

    good luck
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

    Valve On In-Game Economy

    Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    As we explained today on the livestream, class balance is something we leave entirely up to the development team and we do not meddle with at all. The dev team has a much better knowledge of the changes that may be needed to balance the game, and we defer to their knowledge and expertise in these matters.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    As we explained today on the livestream, class balance is something we leave entirely up to the development team and we do not meddle with at all. The dev team has a much better knowledge of the changes that may be needed to balance the game, and we defer to their knowledge and expertise in these matters.
    I have often said through out the years developers are like engineers. They can design a race car that can go from 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds, to its handling, braking and so on. However that does not make them a race car driver. They may know how to build it but not its functionality the way a driver does with his car. Pvpers KNOW there builds, we tweak, calculate, and even study the timing of an animation motion. At some point I even began to notice even the slightest movement with skills to prepare myself what was next. Back in my day of city of heros and and AoC I would destroy the devs that pvped me. Even the ok pvpers they would be terrible against. The point of all of this in my many many years as a professional with pvp and to be highly ranked in almost every mmo. I can promise you they might build it but they have zero concept as class balancing which btw is an illusion. We the elites back then knew what was truly broken and what was not. Even if I had a class I knew was op I would admit yes this class needs to be fixed. But often times people and devs. Included will take a class for example the archer and break it. It is broken that's a fact if you went in depth to the lvl as elite pvpers do with there builds and then switched to something like battlersge and did the same. You can clearly painfully see something is off. So I do feel bad for you and your team ha sing to be the moderators for xl. But do not give me the generic bs the devs. Know what they are doing. Because aside from balancing the game in general the vast majority of people have quit for all the crap they see. That they have never experienced in any game before or sense. Unless the business model was to piss off as many people as possible and watch it die in a short amount of time comparable to other mmos.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsFear View Post
    .


    in my many many years as a professional with pvp
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh...

    SO funny.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahvin View Post
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh...

    SO funny.
    Ranked number one on coh
    Ranked 6 in Aoc
    Ranked 1 on the secret world

    And other mmo's that did not have a defining rank system but overall what people would refer you as

    Also do you know who I am in AA to make such a blank statement
    I have done this as a passion for many years it's what I do what I love

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts