+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen's Dominion Request (yet again)

Quote Originally Posted by scottyz View Post
    - Good healers (I'll add our other players are good, too)
    I believe the point he was making was that Rage has great healers. Good healers with poor availability just don't get it done, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyz View Post
    - Good healers (I'll add our other players are good, too)
    - Good raid discipline
    - Good communication

All of these things are developed and fine-tuned from practice. Not from running enough cheese to reach 6k gear score then magically being able to pvp. I'll agree with Murdaa, too.

The composition in general helps as well. RQ has well balanced raids, West has Abolishers, East doesn't have enough healers.

I agree with Murda, but the gearscore gap still has a say in it. It would make more sense for East and West to have organized gentlemen fights since they would be able to see what works well and what doesn't against each other with their like gearscores (Exalted/A5 are close enough, STD's core is there too, people forget std has alts in guild so that avg gs isn't a true showing). Organizing and getting practice in is good, but it's hard to tell what's productive for your raid when you're chipping away at a much more geared raid. Did you do better the last engagement because what you switched worked, or did you just get lucky and catch funda/tinq/clove out of position and missing a cooldown and fold a wing because it lost its main healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
    Exalted/A5 are close enough, STD's core is there too, people forget std has alts in guild so that avg gs isn't a true showing
    This cannot be more true. Almost every fight that A5 has had with STD/Exalted either working as a team, or one of the two guilds fighting separately has been informative, constructive and frankly fun as hell. But that isn't to downplay what can be learned from fighting someone who kicks your ♥♥♥. Rage got to where they are for a reason, and fighting and trying to outsmart them can help your own guilds grow. Even if it is something as simple as that one push you stayed alive for maybe thirty more seconds, or killed one more person. If anything, you can go home knowing you tried and got beat by someone who has beat the entire server for about a year. All experience is positive in one way or another. That's my view, anyways.
    JayBe
    Nazar - West
    Yata Enthusiast

Louisville, KY : Home of the Louisville Cardinals
    Ohh I remember like it was just Thursday of last week that Paradox along with a few other people from West Nui locked Rage along with ole ScottyZ himself...oh wait it was just Thursday......

Quote Originally Posted by Vitt43000 View Post
    Ohh I remember like it was just Thursday of last week that Paradox along with a few other people from West Nui locked Rage along with ole ScottyZ himself...oh wait it was just Thursday......
    wat

I just had to

enjoy
    <Rage>

Gem my pants Trion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitt43000 View Post
    Oh, so you mean the other night when we were outnumbered plus playing in funky specs for fun. Hope that was a little confidence booster for ya.

Anthelon templar for the win. :^) anthelon pull into skewer gave me a nerd ♥♥♥♥♥.

Just keep in mind, we didn't leave we got a few more members and it went right back into our favor and you guys ran as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Murdaa View Post
    Oh, so you mean the other night when we were outnumbered plus playing in funky specs for fun. Hope that was a little confidence booster for ya.

Anthelon templar for the win. :^) anthelon pull into skewer gave me a nerd ♥♥♥♥♥.
    I prefer Anthalon Boneweaver.

Or if I want to be really mean. Anthalon Cultist.

Sorry ladies and gents, been busy since I posted my point of view. I shortened your quotes just for length. Wasn't highlighting anything particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjay View Post
    Agreed, all you need is numbers and gearscore to win fights :^)
    You do when the majority of East's players are sub 5k. Furthermore, it is very rare to come across more than a single geared, "dedicated" healer. Which, in my opinion, you particularly need when fighting <Rage Quit> groups. Hence, you'll need either greater numbers with a bunch of dedicated healers who are talented enough to not get 3 shot, because they dont have the gear right now. Otherwise, they need to spend their time gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyralisana View Post
    I think you have the wrong idea here. See, the first A5/Rage dominion happened a few days ago. ...

And Rage wins wars.
    I'm sorry... wasn't this original post to ask for a "Gentlemen's Dominion request... again" ?

Regardless of what has happened in the past, my response was to the purpose of the post. <Rage Quit> will have to continue declaring dominions on people; I find it highly unlikely anyone would engage you in a "Gentlemen's Dominion" given the current climate.

You guys have no confidence, I have seen that you guys can improve...both on tactics and gear the east is alot stronger than you or most easterners give themselves credit for.
    Do not give up
    Maybe the "East" doesn't. Maybe they do. As for gear, the top geared and talented players are first of all not the same people. And when one of the talented players are the top geared, they are typically not in the same guild as all the other talented players in the East. So, what I'm essentially saying is the East's talent and gear is split between the top guilds. If the East made an "all star" team then it's possible you would have a great Dominion opponent. Until that happens, an official Dominion won't be possible.

Please don't mistake this as an excuse, but rather an analysis, which of course I openly accept comments and criticisms.

Just keep in mind, we didn't leave we got a few more members and it went right back into our favor and you guys ran as usual
    Hey i was with my leather SkullKnight using a lost garden sword and hasla t2 shield lmao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast