Closed Thread
Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Our decision regarding Rage Quit of Nazar's Leviathan Kill

Also want to add that they wouldn't have the chance to exploit... If trion/XL correctly coded their game.

Don't just blame the players for this. This is both XL/Trions fault, and the players.

Overall a stupid decision for a permanent ban for something that shouldn't have been glitchable in the first place, IMO.

A temporary ban with removal of some things would be more suitable, because yeah the players obviously chose to still do the Leviathan.

But why can't your coding be better to make it so these things can't happen.... Reminds me of the Kraken exploit, when you could just harpoon yourself in the air and dps the kraken from above. Both were at fault, but in the end... they shouldn't have been able to do it because your coding should be better....
    faction traitor
    guild traitor
    u name it

Quote Originally Posted by Shuzzah View Post
    No that isn't the big picture. If a server relied on the activity of ~50-60 players who had no issues abusing a bug/exploit in game for massive personal gain then that speaks more to the bigger picture of the community on Nazar than anything else. Don't be mad at Trion, be mad at the guild that abused the bug/exploit and thus got themselves banned.

I agree. I personally believe that too many players don't understand that it is the Player who is largely responsible for the integrity of the game. Not the game company.

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #123
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvan View Post
    So you are banning 53 people of a guild because they killed a boss that glitched by ITSELF ? I can't understand why doing this Trion. You could have just removed the drops and the case was close, you ruined a full guild by doing what you did and that's not fair. They didn't make the boss bug or something, it happend by itself.

Ps : I'm not even playing on this server but i can't understand all those bans while it's the game fault.
    What would happen if they just left it ? Some people with 10 guys would have come ninja and kill it ? GM could have log and do something at the moment instead of watching and then banning. rofl.

Rip to your server bois
    And had the guild come forward to us and talked with the staff (which they did not) and not come forward to the community to troll (which at least one member did), we wouldn't be taking this action against them. Unfortunately, all of this was not the case.

We would have loved to have reported differently. We searched through all of our tickets and inboxes and found nothing. We get that sometimes things break on their own, and we get that a break in the game is on the publisher and developer (which is why we're taking steps forward with XLGAMES regarding Leviathan, as I said in my opening post), but the guild in question could have taken steps to avoid profiting from an exploit.

They could have made a good faith effort to say, "You know, this is wrong." They did not do that, and this is what has lead us to this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresa View Post
    Also want to add that they wouldn't have the chance to exploit... If trion/XL correctly coded their game.

Don't just blame the players for this. This is both XL/Trions fault, and the players.

Overall a stupid decision for a permanent ban for something that shouldn't have been glitchable in the first place, IMO.

A temporary ban with removal of some things would be more suitable, because yeah the players obviously chose to still do the Leviathan.

But why can't your coding be better to make it so these things can't happen.... Reminds me of the Kraken exploit, when you could just harpoon yourself in the air and dps the kraken from above. Both were at fault, but in the end... they shouldn't have been able to do it because your coding should be better....
    "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

I mean that's literally the definition of exploit, and it's nigh impossible to make a game as big as ArcheAge bug- and glitch-free. Even the absolute best development team will always let a few unseen glitches through.
    Kadum East
    Ginkan
    Dawncaller

Quote Originally Posted by fcfoxtrot View Post
    Don't agree with the decision to permaban a whole guild over this. From what I've heard they were trying the fight legit, it bugged and they went 'woo free kill'. If it was planned and intentional then it's absolutely justified.

Whether most competitive guilds want to admit it or not, if they had levi down and it bugged out, they would continue to kill it and claim the NA first.
    Now people will think twice before taking advantage of a bug or glitch aka exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by guelle2410 View Post
    So basically the error on the pathing from the thing was OUR fault? So if somehow a delphinad ghost ship gets glitched itself and somebody kill it they should get banned aswell?
    Your awful attitudes, failure to report a glitch, and abuse of that glitch are your fault. The fist floating in the air could have been or could not have been. Your failure to provide evidence in a reasonable manner, thus proving just how rotten your attitudes are towards the game, is your fault as well.

As multiple posts state well done, as the first responses from those involved seemed to be to regrade and gloat on the forums about this kill instead of contacting support, and I mean seriously contacting support, not holding evidence at bay to gem pants. I believe it was just and swift thank you for sharing your final decision.

Snap - PewPewPew

Retired-Forestcrow | Retired-Awakening | Retired-Barcode

So killing a glitched boss, DECKING OUT THE GALLEON, bragging about the kill on social media, one member even demanding compensation to help them investigate the bug (Troll or not)....

Someone should have had some guts who was there and sent in a ticket to have it looked in to, thats common sense and if you defend anyone who didn't do that, you're just as guilty. Also, what purpose did it serve them to deck it out with upgraded items KNOWING that this was one of the most public events on the NA servers and it was going to be looked at because of the way it went down.

This kind of behavior doesn't deserve just a Permaban, it deserves an IP ban.

They not only took advantage of a broken game mechanic, but threw it in everyone's face.

If a bank screws up and deposits a million dollars into your bank account, you're meant to report it so they can fix it. If you don't report it and spend it, you end up having to pay it back anyway when they realise the mistake.

It's the same logic, if you find an exploit... Because, we're all only human and anyone that writes software knows bugs are a common thing. You either make the conscious decision to exploit it, knowing there is rules against it, or you take that time to report it without making any gains.
    N/A - Spellsong

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast