+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Livestream Recap: March 11th, 2016

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Livestream Recap: March 11th, 2016

Greetings Adventurers! Here's a small recap of the topics we covered on today's livestream:

Merv talks the team's to Korea: We opened up the day by talking about our recent trip to see XLGAMES in Korea, and that includes a bit on our discussions on Update 2.9: Ascension in May! That's right, we're bringing Update 2.9 to you in May, and that's coming quite fast! We also talked about Ayanad Scraps, Archery, Diamond Shores, and more.

Preview of the March Update -- We showed off a few things coming in our March Update to ArcheAge, which is coming on March 22nd! Highlights include an expansion of the Costume Synthesis system (allowing more rerolls on stats, and we also talked about some of our concerns regarding the system and how to improve it), Tier 3 of Fire and Wave Reinforced Lunagems, new limited time events, and the new addition of 8 SLOT HAULERS! GET HYPE!

High level features in Ascension -- Merv dropped some information on Update 2.9: Ascension, including the highly anticipated features of the Castle Upgrade system, the addition of Player Nations, and Tier 7 Obsidian items.

Q&A Portion -- For the bulk of the livestream, we took on questions from the chat and covered a variety of topics, including Archery thoughts, class balance, Heart of Ayanad, changes to the Halcyona war, changes to the Auction Houses, and more!

Happily Ever After preview -- We wrapped up the stream by talking about the newest costumes to hit the ArcheAge Marketplace, Prince Yateo and Princess Greeniette.

Don't forget, you can always watch the full livestream on the official Trion Worlds Twitch page at your leisure!

Is it just me, or did this livestream feel like it was all about Amary distracting us with a shiny new cash shop item while Khrolan waffled on about 'requesting' several things from XL that players want implemented/fixed, without actually confirming that XL is actively working on any of them currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Elorin View Post
    Is it just me, or did this livestream feel like it was all about Amary distracting us with a shiny new cash shop item while Khrolan waffled on about 'requesting' several things from XL that players want implemented/fixed, without actually confirming that XL is actively working on any of them currently?
    They didnt even get 2 pages of questions in the announcement thread but they did a great job ignoring half of them. I still enjoyed the stream. Oh don't get me wrong, they provided zero relevant information other than confirming they plan on stringing us along until 'may', which I would be would most likely be closer to june, but it seemed like everyone was a little buzzed and was having a great time and/or no longer gave a single ♥♥♥♥. No idea why celestrata was all dressed up in a costume, but khrolan certainly acted like he was at a party which made the whole thing worth watching.

What I took away from the stream was that we don't get anyad designs because khrolan doesnt think we deserve them even though xlgames TRIED to let us have the things we asked for in the ways we ask for, and apparently the whole team agrees that forcing people to craft delphinad gears to earn scrapes would be the ideal system... they had to be high or drunk or something because nothing they were saying was making any kind of sense.

The thing is, a good game compliments the player without making their life hard. A good game makes us feel like we're achieving great things. It has to appeal to a wider audience than those that are genuinely great at Swiping Visa or putting their head in the Sand.

Archeage has little to offer the average player now and thats only getting worse. The RNG is extreme, servers are locked (fresh start), cash is hard to make (Fresh starts), pay to transfer to enjoy the game again like it was our fault, low population as a whole (game wide).

The only things left are for those who swipe vast amounts, i see the same 50 people doing the same 5 things everyday on Rangora. All we hear about anymore is: Cash shop - Costume - Cash shop - RNG - Gear you cant grind or afford - cash shop - RNG - RNG - Spoken to XLgames but NO - Spoken to XL games but you aint ready for this - Costume - RNG - Cash shop .......

You know its bad when a company does "Sales" on an already P2W fed system ....... This is turning into a Perfect World International style game, if anyone knows who these are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

i think demanding 35 dollars for the next tier of farm carts is also extremely excessive. farm carts are now what, a 100 dollar investment if you add together cash shop prices + ingame gold prices?

Quote Originally Posted by John Small View Post
    i think demanding 35 dollars for the next tier of farm carts is also extremely excessive. farm carts are now what, a 100 dollar investment if you add together cash shop prices + ingame gold prices?
    Cheaper than a Divine weapon which has a market Value when converted into Apex of Around 250-350 ..... Not ingame atm so cant do an accurate calculation.
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Cheaper than a Divine weapon which has a market Value when converted into Apex of Around 250-350 ..... Not ingame atm so cant do an accurate calculation.
    you can easily get a divine weapon on morpheus for less than 100 dollars... i mean 10 apexes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Small View Post
    you can easily get a divine weapon on morpheus for less than 100 dollars... i mean 10 apexes.
    I think we both mean "Hard work and determination, through effort and skill"
    I love this.

Guys, remember that stuff you've been asking for nearly a year to get fixed?
    I forwarded it to XL during our trip to meet them, IN PERSON!
    What do you mean that's Celestrata's job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrolan View Post
    You're right when you say that the class doesn't have the 1.0 impact it used to.
    Truth be told a chosen class is only a small representation of a player's sphere of influence. What is lacking in combat ability can absolutely be made up for with social savvy.
    -Khro
    #SaveArchery - When "social savvy" is a Producer's response in how to fix Archery.

8 pack hauler + 1 for driver = 9
    9x5 accounts = price for pack turn in demolished

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast