+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ayanad Scrap System Discussion

@Khrolan RegardiIng Ayanad scrap system veto

In the live stream you stated that you have received the go-ahead from XL to implement the scrolls into the merit shop but you personally veto'd this. I think you are foolish and do not understand the current state of the game of obsidian vs crafted weapons. The only class that could be argued to have crafted weapons more optimal than obsidian would be archery, and those classes aren't really a factor.

In the stream you state that you hope to propose a new system and then listed arbitrary ideas of where and how the scraps would drop. The major problem with this is that you don't even have a proposal yet. That will take time. Then you need to get it approved. More time. Then it needs to be implemented and debugged..more time. For this "scrap system" to not just be garbage, you would expect it to take at least a 2-3 weeks of grinding. My estimate is that the first obtainable ayanad through your new system will be at least 2 months away. As it is right now, it is already too late for crafted weapons to be desired over obsidian.

In your stream you fumble around with ideas and do not have a clear proposal. Release the already approved Merit Badge scrolls. Yes people have been stockpiling them since Dec when it was suggested that these scrolls would likely be obtainable through merit badges. Since Dec players have been holding on to Delphi upgradeable weapons. It is 3 months later. I don't think you appreciate the frustration imparted from TRION in this matter. A scrap system implemented when first suggested in Dec would have been appropriate with a 2 month grind. BUT IT WAS NOT.

To be clear, I don't think the scrap system is a dumb idea, it is just too late to draft a proposal, get approval, code and implement, and then have an actual grind...especially if it is comparable to the 100 serp runs...

Please release the already approved Ayanad Scrolls through the Merit badges else you clearly do not understand the state of your game

Ayanad Designs - One mans fault

So I have had the Greater Ayanad Earring for several months now, but designs were removed from the Heart of Ayanad dungeon. A 4 month grind for the earring, and there is no real reward for it. At first I wasn't too mad, because I thought the dungeon just needed to be fixed. However, from the livestream, it is pretty clear Khrolan simply does not want the designs to be available at all, including the dungeon. He pretty much said the dungeon might get fixed when the scrap system is implemented in 2.9 (swear I heard this 4 months ago).

So, one single person, and his stubbornness, is making tons of players pissed off. I personally know at least 10 players who have quit until designs are fixed (most prob aren't coming back at all). So Khrolan, come out and say it, the Heart of Ayanad isn't being fixed because you don't want any extra designs in the game, until the almighty lord himself says its ok. Just come out and say it, so we can know where you stand. I am getting sick of waiting around for a fix. It's clear XL could have fixed it quickly along with Leviathan but you put the brakes on it.

Personally, so few people have the earring, I don't see it making a huge impact on the market. All it would do is throw a design on each AH cluster every couple of days. It's better then when the Kyrios AH went two full weeks without a design on the AH.

muh immersions are broken when top tier items are available and muh immersions matter more then your enjoyment. also it was removed to the dungeon because the dungeon is broken and you can solo it

Quote Originally Posted by jebb View Post
    also it was removed to the dungeon because the dungeon is broken and you can solo it
    No ♥♥♥♥, which is why I mention the fix to the dungeon. Designs were taken out in December, which makes it nearly 4 months ago. It sounds like the earliest we will get a fix is May. So it takes 6 months to fix a dungeon????? Nope. It could be fixed, except Khrolan is intentionally delaying the fix, which is the point of my post. The lack of designs and all this frustration is simply do to one person.

They want everyone to have to use untradeable Obsidians to be able to compete. Those are dead in the economy at T6.
    Y A T A

Heart of Ayanad was mentioned in yesterday's livestream and something about potential reintroduction since things were apparently done (don't quote me on it, was on the phone when that part was talked about so didn't hear properly).
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

The lack of ayanad designs is in no way beneficial to the game.

Lots of players that sit on their upgradable for months already, while obsidian soon gets another tier, might be tired of your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ trino.

running out of patience...

Personally I would rather have no ayanad designs than the alterantive which is supporting hackers.
    Pirate 4 lyfe

He's waiting until T7 obsidian is released which will make Ayanad useless unless it's upgradable, but even then people won't use it over a T7 obsidian until it can be upgraded to Erenor. I am assuming the same thing will happen with Erenor weapons though, super rng chance mat/design and Trion won't make it more common until T8 obsidians are a thing. They always want Obsidian to be the better choice because it makes them more money in regrade charms. This makes sense as a business, but waiting until T7 is released to make Ayanad designs more common is complete BS. It's like the difference between using a T6 epic and a delphinad epic and no one waiting on Ayanad designs will be grinding out a design when they could put that effort into the mats for T7 obsidian.

I really felt there was an disconnect between the game and what Trion thinks as it pertains to Ayanad designs. Our not so informed community manager compared it to the quest for a dream ring, where you do all this work for an epic reward, and the feeling of great accomplishment. How is that even remotely like an ayanad design? Dream Ring quest doesnt have an RNG output and you cant buy it on the AH.

Dream Ring: A bunch of quests, travelling around the game, completing most content in the game, and a lot of hard work/grinding = specific reward that we want.

Ayanad Armor Piece: RNG crafting to get an upgradeable delph piece -> get lucky on regrade and get to Divine+ without it blowing up -> <insert design system here> -> RNG to get the stats you actually want, if not sell and repeat or buy what you needed = one of 4-7 armor pieces you need to do this again for

The choice expressed by Khrolan in the livestream seemed to be like this:

- buying designs with merit badges

or

- crafting XXXXX number of delph upgrades (rng based) for scraps or do library bosses with group/raid and hope for a scrap drop (rng based)

I only go to the library if forced because the place is boring and I have no interest in spending all my time crafting, so the merit system sounds pretty damn good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast