+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 413

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ayanad Scrap System Discussion

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    524
    After watching the live stream I closed all my 3 accounts down. Fed up to the back teeth of Khrolan holding back on content.
    You can only appeal bans by sending an email to appeals@trionworlds.com.

  2. #72
    Senior Member peveay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    baguette
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    im pretty sure he thinks that ayanad is supposed to be the thing that isnt easy to get
    ayanad is supposed to be that top tier that not many people have
    if designs could be bought with merits then everyone who has an upgradeable delph will now have their ayanad and everyone who has spare delphs will then upgrade then list ayanads on the ah
    the ah would pretty much be flooded with ayanad designs and gear
    the thing that was hard to obtain and had to work for can now be obtained by anyone
    pretty much everyone complains that the game is p2w and now want a way for people to buy the best gear in the game without even working for it
    actually is almost more easyer to get legendary obsidian than celestial ayanad gear(even rare ayanad is non existant) . be realistic pls

  3. #73
    Senior Member Zirconi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    im pretty sure he thinks that ayanad is supposed to be the thing that isnt easy to get
    ayanad is supposed to be that top tier that not many people have
    if designs could be bought with merits then everyone who has an upgradeable delph will now have their ayanad and everyone who has spare delphs will then upgrade then list ayanads on the ah
    the ah would pretty much be flooded with ayanad designs and gear
    the thing that was hard to obtain and had to work for can now be obtained by anyone
    pretty much everyone complains that the game is p2w and now want a way for people to buy the best gear in the game without even working for it
    I'm sick of this argument. Ayanad won't be top tier for long, as erenor and t7 are in sight.

    Before ayanad was released, players were struggling to make epherium and delphinad gear because of the scarcity of archeum. The amount of archeum in-game was increased to fulfil the requests made by archeage's players. There is no reason not to fulfil the request to make ayanad scraps more available, because erenor will soon be a thing.

    Precedent and logic dictate that our version of the game should have the same amount of ayanad designs as every other version of the game. The most likely reason we don't is that Trion are greedy. That or they're stupid asf. I'm guessing both ye?

    If alts farming merit badges is a problem for the game, then surely having alts farm and spend labor in other aspects of the game is also a problem? Smells bad tbh.

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,871
    I'm confused how do we differentiate more RNG and "Hard to get"....isn't Ayanad just hidden behind more RNG than delph....or Obsidian...
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

    TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

    Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

    Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus(RIP)

  5. #75
    Senior Member peveay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    baguette
    Posts
    716
    stop using farming alt for merit as a problem, it's never been before for labor , and considering the huge rng factor behind ayanad gear (1st having you delphi upgradable,then having it with the good stat and the good grade)this argument is irrelevent.actually it's more easyer to get legendary obsidian than celestial ayanad,wake up omg !

  6. #76
    Senior Member TheWiggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    @Khrolan: Thank you for stating that it is your personal opinion that Ayanad scrolls should not be available via the Merit Badge market place like in KR/RU, I now know where to direct my ire. I challenge you to a debate on the subject. If I win the debate, you must activate the Ayanad scrolls via the Market place @ next week's Market place reset (Friday). If you can produce a clear timeline with a concise plan, I will stop my vendetta on the forums calling out you and Celestrata.

    In preparation for the debate, please look over
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...aw_his_shadow/
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ap-system-veto
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...One-mans-fault
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/co...this_the_week/
    And I will oppose every thread/effort to this effect UNLESS all high value obsidian owners are given an option to "one-click convert all our gear to ayanad. As THAT WAS THE REASON we all went obsidian in the first ♥♥♥♥ing place lol.

    Any changes to the current ayanad system is and would be severely unfair.
    Yes, I just kicked you

    The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,299
    I think it's a personal thing ... I bet Khrolan spent all his merit badges on two treehouses after a bottle of rum, now chooses not to release Ayanad as Merit because he now cant gear up and T7 is too far away.

    #InsideJob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    807

    @Khrolan - Sometime even good people make stupid choices.

    Yes this is another Ayanad design discussion.

    I would be amazed by now if you haven't read through the posts regarding your live-stream and the general feeling of the community, in fact it's guaranteed because you're human and it's almost irresistibly impossible to not read things written about yourself, either good or bad.

    Firstly you need to recruit someone who has a PR background and can deliver information and messages in a more professional and managed way. You guys just aren't good at discussing and communicating information about game critical detail with any credibility or composure.

    It goes back further but starting with the costume Stream you really struggled to be credible around the costs and justifications for the NA changes. When your trying to peddle something that you just know is a pile of steaming #### it doesn't pay to deliver 3 or 4 mediocre reasons why the unreasonable change is a reasonable one. When trying to sell a piece of bull all you need is one good credible reason and then stick to it and move on, it only has to sound viable and has some basis of fact for you to stand by your decision.

    Your body language and verbal cues gave away that you knew the costs are unreasonable and the changes purely about profit. So moving on to this Stream and you get even worse, not only that your syntax and use of the word "I" around the decision is a disaster.
    In one single swoop you have made a large part of the player base despise you, and again your reason and detail or lack of is appalling and your timing is very poor.


    To talk about the detail to me its fairly simplistic and revolves around two details.

    You have a game where crafting is a core component and the craftable item at its most basic is the Ayanad chain of items, something already slightly diluted given the Dragon drops were introduced.
    It is counterintuitive to have the basic group of craftable items not be your core product and main focus both to make and to wear. I get the need for Obsid and without question at 1000 regrade failure myself understand the commercial reasons why you might promote Obsid but it should not be the core objective as part of the crafting process.

    It basically illogical to craft a finished item only with the intent to break it again to make something else with it as your core focus. Sure it should be a sidegame to the main event but not an event to get to the event, we already have those in our farming and trading activities.
    The argument around unbalancing the game is equally bull because we all know now how much more easily we can get high level Obsid over Ayanad and changing the drop rates on designs isn't going to increase the RNG changes of getting an Epic Ayand any time soon.

    So without any genuine, authentic, well communicated reason that even our teenagers playing here could be sold on there is only a singular conclusion to your decision and its unpalatable. The costume changes are profit driven as are the Ayanad designs and even your most supportive WhiteKnight's are turning against you and the game and at the worst possible time.

    To get best results when milking a cow, its best to distract it and feed it during the process and you either don't understand this or have forgotten it as we aren't being fed and sooner than later we are all gonna kick that bucket of milk over because we aren't a happy cow.
    You would have been better advised to not mention Ayanad designs at all to be honest than to tell everyone that you, yes you (a PR disaster) had made the decision to can it and clearly had no idea or support for an alternative system very well advanced.

    The sky isn't falling, BDO wont kill AA, even a delayed Ayanad system wont do it but seriously guys you are accelerating what is the natural decline of any MMO.

    The game is amazing and has an unbelievable amount of things to do that are fun and will keep me entertained for a long time to come but lets not kid ourselves that the game has an enormous gear (and items, boats, carts etc) progression cycle that you are messing with that is completely transparent in its intent.

    Happy to debate every single item or cause you can raise for not including Ayanad designs as other have stated on the forums and again if you are going to claim reasons when stating your decisions you need to be damn well sure of the facts because your player base is and in most instances with a deeper understanding that your team.

    Throw away lines don't work as with the Alt explanation for not using merit because if we accept your premise then that indicates that the Alt situation also unreasonably affect other aspects of the game, (we know it does but too late now to change that).
    Even junior sales professionals learn in sales 101, when you stuff up, proclaim it early, proclaim it loudly, accept responsibility and berate yourself hard and you customer will consider you admonished and may even tell you to take it easy on yourself and will let you live to fight another day.

    But its a professional disaster when a stuff up is clearly evident to proclaim "it wasn't my fault", seems ok to me, customers don't understand or know what's good for them etc
    Every good operator makes a stuff up every now and then, its what he does from that point that defines him.

    I'm suggesting strongly that in this instance you have stuffed up and I'm not happy.

    To be clear for everyone - not everyone has to agree with me, just the majority for my argument to be compelling and I strongly believe this to be the case.

  9. #79
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    The fact you are tolerable of having change take as a long as the release of 2.9 shows the complete lack of action TRION has shown over the years. I demand changes this week..each week...because they should be held accountable for their product. If they were employees at any other company, they would surely be fired for such terrible ability to produce positive impacts in a timely manner.
    WHo says anything about tolerating it? The big patch updates tend to bring about bigger change than the smaller ones in between thats why i said i HOPE they have something by then.

    I've been playing MMOs long enough to not stress over such things much, especially expecting big sweeping changes every week, just because i'm upset over an issue. Remember this is gaming, not anything life threatning any other business sure, change should be quicker... but these are games we're talking about.

    Its kinda like getting mad a movie release got changed or something, WAY mroe things for me to be concerned over immediately ya know and this isn't just Trion i'm talking about, changes in games, MMOs and single player alike, unless they're show stopping usually dont get fixed over night. For instance Look at Fallout 4, large expansive SINGLE player game and it still gets fixes near 6 months later.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    Ayanad is not the strongest gear in the game. In preparation for my debate I have done the statistics comparing the cost of getting a T6 Epic vs Divine Delphi upgradeable; these objects are the current state of the game (for morph, new server).

    When you say "No value" you imply there is no value in Merit badges. There have been a few events which do award merit badges, but realistically you can only obtain at most 8 per day. It is the most restricted resources in the game. Not only this but the recent release of Treehouses pulled a lot of merit badges from players who were stockpiling them.

    What everyone is forgetting is that the scrap system was FIRST proposed in December. It is 3 months later and there is no clear outline of how it would work. There is no proposal to Trion. There is no coding and implementation. There is nothing. If you listen to Khorlan and accept what he says at face value then you are a fool. Ayanad is not coming. I want to debate him to expose him for the fraud he is regarding this subject.
    Delphinad upgrades cost about 6-7k on Morph
    Divine delph upgrades are 15k-18k
    Ayanad scroll 30-35k

    = 45k-50k for an epic t6 equivalent which is tradable

    Epic t5s are around 25k
    Epic t6's cost around 20k more in mats

    45k for a bound divine ayanad equivalent

    The prices are essentially the same, with any additional method of ayanad patterns it will change, divine ayanads will end up cheaper than epic t6s, which are bound.

    The only builds which really benefit from obsidian are melee hybrids that want to heal or do magic damage (shortspear+katana) These are valid reasons to go with this, but as mentioned, even when the abundance of ayanads catch up where they start being salvaged and it lowers wisp prices, it still won't affect the cost of making the epic part, so epic t6s will still end up costing more.. You might not realize just how easy it is to get upgradable divine delphinads compared to epics.

    This is the reason why Khrolan probably wants to wait for t7 so there's more benefit for choosing obsidian, which is also far more of a gold sink than ayanads and stabilizes the current economy much more than you think. With an abundance of ayanads there will be far less mats being sunk into obsidian.


    Quote Originally Posted by peveay View Post
    actually is almost more easyer to get legendary obsidian than celestial ayanad gear(even rare ayanad is non existant) . be realistic pls
    What are you even talking about, are you serious? There's a reason legendary obsidian costs more than celestial ayanads, even at the current insane price of ayanad patterns. They tend to cost the same as Epic ayanads...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts