+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kill the labor!

Trino makes alot of money on the labor system (labor pots, extra patron labor, etc...)

It's not changing

*hugs*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kraken East - Moleman - Enigmatist-Paladin-Skullknight-Hex Warden-Abolisher-Argent-Bloodreaver-Hexblade... and still going

Kraken East - Rakshashi - Abolisher - Paladin - Bastion

JOIN CARNAGE, EAT POTATOES!!! rAWr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "...it should be RRNG... the R's stand for 'Russian Roulette'..."

Labor is not an integral part of the game. I mean yes they made it so but there's nothing to say you can't have a decent MMO without some system like labor.
    Worst case scenario it'll change into time=money which is kinda true.
    The greatness of the labor system is how much subs and worker pots the publisher can sell.
    7.5k Archer / 7.6k Nightcloak - Legendary Ayanad Bow - Mythic Galleon - 25k+ kills

+plus 1 for more labor, Not enough people playing to keep cost down on everything. The economy is ruined already with few people playing. Something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by csimi View Post
    Labor is not an integral part of the game. I mean yes they made it so but there's nothing to say you can't have a decent MMO without some system like labor.
    Worst case scenario it'll change into time=money which is kinda true.
    The greatness of the labor system is how much subs and worker pots the publisher can sell.
    no ones saying a game cant work without labor.

BUT labor IS an integral part of AA, game was built around it, xp is built around, proficiencies, gold generation, nearly EVERYTHING Is built around the labor system.

This is the very first game I have played that I recall a labor system is used to be able to do things in, but, I'm fine with it since I'm a carebear pack runner.
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by kagome View Post
    I started out with UO, and I'd love just mining and lumbering for hours all day
    labor is there just to prevent excatly THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    +plus 1 for more labor, Not enough people playing to keep cost down on everything. The economy is ruined already with few people playing. Something needs to be done.
    Agreed... With fewer players the economy has kinda gone to crap, but instead of just changing the labor system Trion should have events where you can earn labor pots (Events aimed at active players). At least then active players have more labor while bots and alts have to work to get the extra labor. Something more interactive than spend 1K labor get a 500 LP. The bots mine 5K labor or make tax certs for the extra labor pot. If it is an event that requires an activity that has to be performed with each character it will reduce the number of bots/alts participating. Then the labor may be spent to improve the overall economy.... If the labor gain is just for logging in or granted even when logged off then alt accounts can be logged in to sit for the extra labor. Look at the people who move six or seven haulers at a time all linked on follow.... Will giving them the extra labor help the general economy? Will they sell logs, lumber, stone, shards etc on the AH?

More labor needs to go to people who will sell things on the AH to help the economy. Armor, Weapons, Mats etc.
    Ollo East -- Healer... or trying to be

Quote Originally Posted by kagome View Post
    I've been playing actively in the last 2 weeks. Everything is fine but the labor is just a pain in the ***.
    Just erase it. Or put it at 20 labor points every 5 minutes with a 25000 cap.

It's so annoying: i spend all my daily labor points in 45 minutes (2880 labor points) and then got nothing to do.

I started out with UO, and I'd love just mining and lumbering for hours all day

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    giving people more labour would make the cost of everything go up, it means way more gold would come into the game through tradepacks and coin purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Trymantha View Post
    giving people more labour would make the cost of everything go up, it means way more gold would come into the game through tradepacks and coin purses.
    Trymantha here is right, increase labor cap or labor/5minutes, will definately increase the gold in the world through trade packs and coinpurses of any kind, making raw goods at an unbearable price.

As a proud lumberjack that uses a bunch of labor daily, i don't have this problem as i think that doesn't need to be done right now (maybe in the distant future, but do it right now, kill the game).

My suggestion is, know how to manage your daily labor, don't go crazy on every proficiency and do plenty of rifts, pvp and dungeon content, which might sound boring, but after you have done a serpentis run with the guild (whatever is the time you take doing it) you're gonna come out of it with a small amount of labor without noticing.
    Termocaos | Founder since 2014
    <Pink Fluffy Unicorns>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Janudar > Leviathan > Ezi
    Unquestioned #1 Hero of Ezi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Omg, Bdhm worst guild ever :<" - Someone Salty 2016
    "I hate healer 1v1s, it's like slapping eachother with a band aid" - Termocaos 2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast