+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Problem with the East

  1. #1

    Problem with the East

    Now, i'm not sure whats going on in the West, but things here in the East have gotten a little shaken up and at a low point. One thing I have seen in the past weeks, is the return of pirates to the East faction. (well, I think that's what happening) Now having these pirates return is not necessarily a problem. The problem is, that some of them seem to hate the East faction. It would have been great if the came back, and were into helping the faction become stronger. But instead, I see players, mostly of a certain guild, talk bad about the East faction, talk bad about our heroes, purple up on East raids and wonder why they are not like and not trusted.
    I've been in some East raid events, where we are fighting some West guild/s, then along come some greens. And instead of helping their faction, they purple up and help the reds. Then they wonder why they are not invited to the raid and get all bent out of shape. Really? If I kicked your dog across the room, and then asked to be your friend, would you? This kind of stuff will not win you popularity contests. The bridges you burnt while being a pirate need to be rebuilt, and you need to earn back the trust of the faction. Now maybe these players have been pirates too long, and they just can't change. Well, I hope that's not true. Many of them are really good players, and could really make the East a stronger faction. And right now the East could use some help to build it back up. Now, i'm not trying to start anything with anybody. I'm pro East, they are MY TEAM, and if you do things against the East faction, you are on the other team. So instead of fighting you own team, lets work together and fight the other teams.
    Die or be Killed

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    298
    Team.


    I think the west is more in shambles than the east. Also, they normally only purple if they get kicked and are denied content. Open world is different, they dont purple during faction events, and tbh you guys should thank them for mass carrying you in fxn events like halcyona. Dont piss em off, and you're good.
    Youcantseemeinthedark <ORCA> (Reckoning)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,095
    Sure, let me get right on playing the game how you want it played and not how I want to play it.
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <X I> - Wynn (East)
    Coraxxas - Primeval - <Ghost> - Kadum (HAUNTED)
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <Emeritus> - Kadum (East)/Nui (East)

    You've never had one question, so comfortable living life so certain.
    Let me tell you about this then, no one really knows the truth. No, not you.

    Follow me on Twitch and Twitter

  4. #4
    Senior Member oreorule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ollo
    Posts
    283
    There are currently 3 problems with the East.
    1) The Barcode Problem. Too many threads dedicated to this already so going to leave it at that
    2) Lack of Leadership/Bad Leaders. The East has alot of Bad Leaders(Small List: Foxeh, Asta and Lillythe). These leaders either don't lead anything(Lillythe) are too inexperienced at leading(Foxeh) or are just too untrustworthy for anyone outside their own guild to follow them(Asta)
    3) Lack of interest/players in PvP. Ayahuasca and Relentless filled this slot until both guilds decided to transfer. Relentless is already gone, and what remains of Aya, Omegasoul, Hazzmat, Ellsworth, are transfering at the end of Hero terms. This left a hole in the East. Barcode understood this, and are in the middle of an attempt to bring the East back together(and to some extent the west as well) by making a player faction. However, due to bad decisions on someones part(no names, cant go shaming people), that seems like it isn't truly going to work. Its going to be interesting to see where the Factions stand in 6months, although Barcode will probably control the server entirely.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhead42 View Post
    Sure, let me get right on playing the game how you want it played and not how I want to play it.
    then don't get upset if we don't want to play with you
    Die or be Killed

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by oreorule View Post
    There are currently 3 problems with the East.
    1) The Barcode Problem. Too many threads dedicated to this already so going to leave it at that
    2) Lack of Leadership/Bad Leaders. The East has alot of Bad Leaders(Small List: Foxeh, Asta and Lillythe). These leaders either don't lead anything(Lillythe) are too inexperienced at leading(Foxeh) or are just too untrustworthy for anyone outside their own guild to follow them(Asta)
    3) Lack of interest/players in PvP. Ayahuasca and Relentless filled this slot until both guilds decided to transfer. Relentless is already gone, and what remains of Aya, Omegasoul, Hazzmat, Ellsworth, are transfering at the end of Hero terms. This left a hole in the East. Barcode understood this, and are in the middle of an attempt to bring the East back together(and to some extent the west as well) by making a player faction. However, due to bad decisions on someones part(no names, cant go shaming people), that seems like it isn't truly going to work. Its going to be interesting to see where the Factions stand in 6months, although Barcode will probably control the server entirely.
    yes, there are many problems with the East right now. Its just sad we are just a bunch of splintered groups right now. Factions in Faction
    Die or be Killed

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by oreorule View Post
    There are currently 3 problems with the East.
    1) The Barcode Problem. Too many threads dedicated to this already so going to leave it at that

    2) Lack of Leadership/Bad Leaders. The East has alot of Bad Leaders(Small List: Foxeh, Asta and Lillythe). These leaders either don't lead anything(Lillythe) are too inexperienced at leading(Foxeh) or are just too untrustworthy for anyone outside their own guild to follow them(Asta)

    3) Lack of interest/players in PvP. Ayahuasca and Relentless filled this slot until both guilds decided to transfer. Relentless is already gone, and what remains of Aya, Omegasoul, Hazzmat, Ellsworth, are transfering at the end of Hero terms. This left a hole in the East. Barcode understood this, and are in the middle of an attempt to bring the East back together(and to some extent the west as well) by making a player faction. However, due to bad decisions on someones part(no names, cant go shaming people), that seems like it isn't truly going to work. Its going to be interesting to see where the Factions stand in 6months, although Barcode will probably control the server entirely.
    1- The "problem" will only intensify when the player faction is created, as most easterners are doing nothing to hinder us. I say most because as everyone was xing up for GR last night or some stupid ♥♥♥♥, Militia, Nakama, Undecided, and some unguilded greens were out doing DGS and we ended up fighting them on freed. These are the players striving to remain competitive. They lost some packs, there were a few good fights, and a few even ambushed us on growl when we killed the next ship and got a pack or two (goddamnit Inshadowz)

    2- I can agree with some of the names listed. But again, you all put wayyyyy too much hope in "heroes". Did you know with enough alts you can vote yourself into hero pretty easily? (See: Hatlido, RIP). Stop worrying about these supposed leaders who do next to nothing for you, or the faction, except collect their 10k at the end of the month. Some heroes are great players, knowledgeable, etc, but they certainly arent going to hold your hand and help you gear up. The fact that you look to heroes for leadership is part of the problem. Should be looking to strong GMs who want to be competitive instead of worrying about making the next GR/CR.

    3- Making a player faction has nothing to do with helping either faction, and the point of the questline and mechanic is to be able to secede from your current faction. It is pirate with no jail time. I dont understand what you mean, and I think you have the wrong view on our intentions. They are calling the update "Ascension" for a reason.

    The faction isnt going to hand you an Ayanad weapon. The faction isnt going to help you make large sums of gold. But, getting involved with the competitive minded people and guilds of your faction just might. Like this dude said, you are all in these splintered groups. Ally, Merge guilds or continue on the same path of complacency and complaints without action.
    Disco
    <|||||||>

    aka Dasco aka Discobiscuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmetalone View Post
    I think there are a lot of people who have PTSD from <IIIIIII>

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit View Post
    The faction isnt going to hand you an Ayanad weapon. The faction isnt going to help you make large sums of gold. But, getting involved with the competitive minded people and guilds of your faction just might. Like this dude said, you are all in these splintered groups. Ally, Merge guilds or continue on the same path of complacency and complaints without action.
    That's pretty much what it comes down too.
    Die or be Killed

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ecm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by oreorule View Post
    There are currently 3 problems with the East.
    1) The Barcode Problem. Too many threads dedicated to this already so going to leave it at that
    2) Lack of Leadership/Bad Leaders. The East has alot of Bad Leaders(Small List: Foxeh, Asta and Lillythe). These leaders either don't lead anything(Lillythe) are too inexperienced at leading(Foxeh) or are just too untrustworthy for anyone outside their own guild to follow them(Asta)
    3) Lack of interest/players in PvP. Ayahuasca and Relentless filled this slot until both guilds decided to transfer. Relentless is already gone, and what remains of Aya, Omegasoul, Hazzmat, Ellsworth, are transfering at the end of Hero terms. This left a hole in the East. Barcode understood this, and are in the middle of an attempt to bring the East back together(and to some extent the west as well) by making a player faction. However, due to bad decisions on someones part(no names, cant go shaming people), that seems like it isn't truly going to work. Its going to be interesting to see where the Factions stand in 6months, although Barcode will probably control the server entirely.
    Asta isn't trustworthy? wat, do you play this server? Most people trust her blindly she doesn't lead much on her own, so you might be confusing not leading with untrustworthy. She's a role model for a lot of people (am serious) very trust worthy. I'd give her my epic club to gem for no collateral kind of trustworthy. :P

    Other guilds are already taking the space that ayah/relentless left in the "power vacuum" these guilds are Blank/Nakama/Militia who as i've understood have formed an alliance, which is a very good thing.

    Odd numbers are always better than even numbers, (See relent/ayah alliance)

    On to stuff not about that ^ post.

    We purple the faction 9/10 times because we got denied something. (kicked/not invited etc.) if we get invited, we have fun and no purpling, but if you or anyone kicks us, or just doesn't invite us because of their personal vendetta against us, then expect some repercussions. Just don't get mad about it, or better yet. Don't start it in the first place if you can't handle it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecm View Post
    Asta isn't trustworthy? wat, do you play this server? Most people trust her blindly she doesn't lead much on her own, so you might be confusing not leading with untrustworthy. She's a role model for a lot of people (am serious) very trust worthy. I'd give her my epic club to gem for no collateral kind of trustworthy. :P

    Other guilds are already taking the space that ayah/relentless left in the "power vacuum" these guilds are Blank/Nakama/Militia who as i've understood have formed an alliance, which is a very good thing.

    Odd numbers are always better than even numbers, (See relent/ayah alliance)

    On to stuff not about that ^ post.

    We purple the faction 9/10 times because we got denied something. (kicked/not invited etc.) if we get invited, we have fun and no purpling, but if you or anyone kicks us, or just doesn't invite us because of their personal vendetta against us, then expect some repercussions. Just don't get mad about it, or better yet. Don't start it in the first place if you can't handle it.
    He meant untrusting of people not in her guild. You don't need to white knight her.

    And for Blackmetalone, nobody wonders why they aren't liked or trusted, we don't need to build bridges with the east faction and we don't need to earn back the trust of the faction. We've made it pretty clear many times why we do what we do. We like to have fun, we like to keep fights more even/interesting rather than one-sided (the other reason we purple aside from being kicked).

    The real problem with the east is that everyone gets so bent out of shape because of somebody purpling once in a while. Look at the pvp in Diamond Shores yesterday. The raid leader disbanded the raid, left and went straight to nation chat whining about how "everyone's fun is ruined because a couple people griefed us." And by griefed he means a couple people purpled on the east raid. We then saw how many people the west actually had and joined the new east raid to fight against the west. You don't have to pick one side or the other and stick with it forever. One-sided fights are boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts