Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: X up for a Better Community

Hybrid View

X up for a Better Community

I want to open a discussion about the toxic nature of some members of the community in hopes to encourage change with in the community as a whole and maybe help Archeage be more enjoyable for everyone. While I'm sure this varies from server to server I think we could all band together and talk this over. I love this game its a great game to play, the only thing that seems to ruin it for me are the other people.

I want to stress that as this discussion goes on that this is not a "stop trash talk" thread. Trash talk for some makes the game. Others it doesn't. However, there's a point where this kind of thing surpasses into personal harassment, stalking, chat harassment and cyber bullying. Trion's current Policies on this are far beyond pathetic in my personal opinion. As of right now the only thing that is covered in their chat harassment is Racist, Sexist, Religious, Sexually Explicit, or Hate Speech comments. It has nothing to do with stalking, general harassment, and Cyber bullying. So where do you think this point is? The occasional " X is a Sh**er" or " X sucks big balls" after losing or winning pvp encounters is fine to me. But when you target an individual, track down personal information from other games and bring it into your trash talk for days straight is crossing the line and something should be done about it or maybe if your the one doing this, just cut it out.

While you might think "Oh archeage is just toxic anyways" It doesn't need to be that way, and we as a gaming community can #X up for better community and start to do something about it, demand change be had. There is nothing more disheartening when you are hit with chat abuse over the top toxic players because of social justice witch hunts with the accusation of X reason. Its not fun to have some one track down personal information, information from another game and have it slapped in your face when you personally don't know the individual spewing the information. It's down right creepy.

Guild leaders and officers can take an huge role in changing and be leaders to help make the community better by talking with members that cross these lines. If its your guild leader and their officers doing it then maybe support for these leaders need to stop until they they clue in we actually don't want to be more toxic of a community then other games. Maybe this might leaving powerful guilds that dominate but keep toxic natures.

As of right now even then if it happens the offending players of the current actions that Trion does cover may not even be hit with as much as a temporary ban/chat ban. (personal experience with this one) As more of this is happens the more people are going see that their are no policies that protect them when some one starts to stalk you across platforms and games and uses that information gathered (fake or real) as a way to "troll", grief and attack a player they do not like. People will be driven from this game, from servers and in the end Trion will suffer with the loss of clients that use to enjoy playing Archeage, which also means less people for everyone to play with. It ruins the over all gaming community. Blocking players only does so much as the rest of the community who hasn't blocked them still see their bull also to further the point in order to report a player for Personal harassment, you need proof. Which means you need to see what they say so you can screen shot the abuse you are receiving from this player or players in some cases. The point of playing a game is to have fun, escape reality troubles and not have to spend it dealing with abuse from people who are hiding behind pixels to be bullies in the name of Trolling or for Lulz.

So where do you think these lines should be drawn? What point should Trion be "hey guys this isn't cool and we actually need to do something about this"? I would like for this to mature discussion, and to stay on topic. I don't want personal experiences shared, while you can say you've had them its not our place to call out individuals and that just needs to be done in a report to Trion.

@Celestrata Bloodsong Please add your thoughts as well.

TLDR:

Want to make AA less Toxic? Lets talk about what we need to change it as a community and suggest where Trion may need to step in more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.
    High end Player - Confirmed Celestrata 1/20/2017
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    ~*~ IIIIII Nation Member ~*~
    Formerly from
    <Stack on me> - The best Yang
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <NaCl> - Kyrios - ☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Nice thoughts. Never happen, though.

♥♥♥♥ that, I like competitions and I'm always thirsty for it.
    RIP 2014 - 2018
    Cardiologist/Physician/Giver

"Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    ♥♥♥♥ that, I like competitions and I'm always thirsty for it.
    This has nothing to do with Competition, more like better sportsmanship with in the community. Unless you want to be the most toxic game in the history of MMO's.
    Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    Formerly from
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    This has nothing to do with Competition, more like better sportsmanship with in the community. Unless you want to be the most toxic game in the history of MMO's.
    Toxic or not, it's all part of the game that motivates the players to play competitively.
    RIP 2014 - 2018

"Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Nice thoughts. Never happen, though.
    Why though? Is it actually impossible at this point for people to actually want to better the community of gamers they play with? What makes this instantly get dismissed into the "Never gonna happen. This is impossible" catagory?
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    Formerly from
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    Why though? Is it actually impossible at this point for people to actually want to better the community of gamers they play with? What makes this instantly get dismissed into the "Never gonna happen. This is impossible" catagory?
    He's right. Will never happen. People are different and even the slightest disagreement is enough sparks to burn down Marianople. There are no consequences of being toxic online - it allows people to behave differently than they would in real life.

Sandbox game, I choose to be an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    But personal harassment and bringing irl stuff is just too far.
    Jamile

Quote Originally Posted by JemandLeNoob View Post
    Sandbox game, I choose to be an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    But personal harassment and bringing irl stuff is just too far.
    I agree.
    In game ♥♥♥♥ talk is always entertaining. As well as the forum. Lol

Edit:
    If you can't deal with it then this game isn't for you.
    RIP 2014 - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kekzaa View Post
    He's right. Will never happen. People are different and even the slightest disagreement is enough sparks to burn down Marianople. There are no consequences of being toxic online - it allows people to behave differently than they would in real life.
    Well there is some consequences, Ie Chat banning, banning temp or forever. But I want to know where the line is for this community what is harmless/heated trash talk and what actually crosses the line into Cyber bullying, general harassment, and personal harassment. Once we figure that out it would be easier for people to self police or if the extreme cases where Trion should be stepping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    I agree.
    In game ♥♥♥♥ talk is always entertaining. As well as the forum. Lol

Edit:
    If you can't deal with it then this game isn't for you.
    Your not understanding the point of the conversation. I clearly state in the opening post "This is not a end ♥♥♥♥ talk post" This is a where does ♥♥♥♥ talk become bullying and since bullying is bad we should stop it mkay thread. People can still be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s but being an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ doesn't mean you get to bully and harass people. It means your not nice to them and don't work well with others unless you choose to.
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    Formerly from
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast