Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: X up for a Better Community

x

Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    See I agree and I totally think what you state in the first paragraph is totally legit trash talk. I don't see anything wrong with the 2.9 or the 20v20's honestly. I think trash talk about game play, or lack of is completely legit. That's not a problem for me. Lot of time I find some of that amusing. Its the " X player has nudes why don't Y player have them" or " X player cheated in Y game that's not archeage. I tracked it down on steam! Justice! Ban them!" where I think is where things may venture into harassment, stalking, and general cyber bulling. It certainly falls into defamation which also apparently isn't allowed by Trions standards. But that's part of what I want the community to talk about. Where does trash talk go to far?

I was pretty sure that blocking a player didn't send a message to Trion unless it was the report for spam one. So if simply blocking a player sent a report to Trion saying hey this person is getting blocked a lot maybe investigate this persons actions that would be a really neat feature. Or even a "Block - dropdown menu of reason why like overally sexual comments, racist comment, Personal harassment, Cyber bullying ect" This would help people report it while being able to not have to see it anymore. It's been my experience if you want to report some one for these things, you have to have them unblocked in order to prove that hey, this person just used my personal information in shout.

I'm glad in your personal experience you haven't seen personal stuff coming into shout. Cuz it really sucks, when that line gets crossed. That's not been my experience nor the experience of some of my friends guild mates or not.
    TBH if there is going to be a system put in place for this it has to record everything because stuff could be taken out of context completely.

As for you're claims of defamation honestly VAC bans are made public info so that info can be verified by anyone really just by searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    TBH if there is going to be a system put in place for this it has to record everything because stuff could be taken out of context completely.

As for you're claims of defamation honestly VAC bans are made public info so that info can be verified by anyone really just by searching for it.
    Public information about where you live and whatnot could also be found just by searching for it.

Does that mean you should be a stalker and harass someone because you know where they live? Cause that's exactly what people do. And it's disgusting to have a community like that.

ArcheAge is probably one of the few games I've seen that doesn't punish people for that kind of behavior. It's stated in the rules but not exactly heavily enforced upon.
    JalYtJustin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Bias | Kyrios East
    💀 ϟ

Do not take anything I say as a collective opinion of my guild, or my friends.
    What I express is to be interpreted as only my view, no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by JalYt Justin View Post
    Public information about where you live and whatnot could also be found just by searching for it.

Does that mean you should be a stalker and harass someone because you know where they live? Cause that's exactly what people do. And it's disgusting to have a community like that.

ArcheAge is probably one of the few games I've seen that doesn't punish people for that kind of behavior. It's stated in the rules but not exactly heavily enforced upon.
    Damn well personally i have not be stalked or harrassed but if you don't like that Vac bans are made public take it up with Steam.

This community is terrible, for the most part. Unfortunately, I know a little something about bad communities. I'm in no way proud (posting from alt account because it's something to be ashamed of) of the fact that I've spent 28 months of my adult life in correctional facilities (years ago, in a different life, when I was a different person). The longest stretch was 16 months at MCI Hagerstown, but the worst was a seven month stretch at MCI Jessup (now closed). At MCI Jessup, I was the minority race, and it made for ... let's say interesting times. Really, that's enough background to get to the point.

Point is, in 28 months of prison life (state prison, no fancy federal conditions), I did not encounter the type of deep seated nastiness, vile and hatred that you can see in /f at any given time (/f is just the surface, it gets much nastier). Despite what 'differences' (LOL) you may have had with others, there was always at least some kind of basic human condition respect between inmates. Behind a screen, without accountability, a lot of that goes away. This makes for almost sub-human behavior, and it's abhorrent. Forget gemming, regrading, RNG, etc, etc - if VLC media player didn't fit over my chat box, I probably would have quit long ago. I could go on and on with anecdotes and parallels, but the basic point is there.

So, X.

I won't post a wall of text here and just jump to TL;DR right away: GG WP, Trino no care, kthx, bye
    55 Amber [NA: Tahyang East]
    55 Swag [NA: Tahyang East]
    55 Love [NA: Tahyang East]
    50 Galadriel [NA: Hanure West]
    55 Felicity [EU: Shatigon East]

7.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #57
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Hi guys.

So as I said earlier, I was going to leave my thoughts for later this week. Today, I'm really proud and excited to reveal a slew of new community initiatives aimed at improving our community and adding more exciting things to do.

The first parts of my letter really tackle what's been said in this thread. We need to improve ourselves as a community. To do so, we need to put in a few new ground rules that remove the toxicity without hampering the diverse gameplay of ArcheAge.

You can read all of this in my new Letter from the Community manager, right here.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6