+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the crime system be looked at (revamped)?

Should the crime system be looked at (revamped)?

I feel at this point in the game the crime system isn't working as it was intended to. There is more green on green PvP than red vs green PvP and that is in large due to that fact the crime system isn't punishing enough. Between people giving the friends innocent on jury the low amount of infamy it gives when you kill someone some thing should be adjusted in my opinion. This causes a huge divide among the player base and makes it difficult for any new players or old to find a guild or ally with another. Not sure what would be adjusted but I think it could use some work.

TLDR; Make a harsher crime system.

Does anyone else feel like the crime system isn't punishing enough?

Edit: Seems people have a lot of opinions on the matter. The best suggestion I have seen that actually has a chance of making it into the game is make droughts bound or / and give them a cool down like labor potions have.

I think it should be revamped largely because PvP is pretty much the only "crime" people do now. And the impact of crime points themselves are pretty insignificant with the current system. You can't give any significant reward for catching criminals (because it'll be abused) and you can't give any harsher punishments (because it'll turn players off ala BDO).

Can't say I can think of any alternatives though. I don't think most players even want to be actual criminals in games, they just want the freedom of one.

They need to remove draughts and make it so the only way to reduce infamy is by doing those dailys (which only subtract like 20 points a day)

People don't care about going to jail. On my server somebody occasionally finds a friendly jury and gets off, but mostly the max... and the guy goes afk in jail or chats on faction and really doesn't care. Crime/infamy? Blah.

The point is that it's easier to purple up and kill somebody in your own faction that thinks they're safe and has their guard down than it is to run around in a PvP zone where people might expect you and see you coming. Fair fights suck, 99% of "PvPers" want nothing to do with them, doesn't matter what consequences (if any) there may be. Oh, and some people just like to be db's and ♥♥♥♥ with other people because they're ♥♥♥♥bags. You can't fix that no matter what you do.

The game has been out for a long time now and seeing as though the system hasnt really been touched at all.. can't really expect anything to come and if there is something to do on it, its probably really far down the list of things to do and as people say purpling gives the player purpling the advantage and they don't care whether they get jailed or not etc so why not purple on them before they purple you?

you may get infamy but that opener could save you btw i'm a PKer although a pirate now and i personally didn't care if i went to jail or not since it gives me an excuse to get up and do something

Quote Originally Posted by Zzz View Post
    They need to remove draughts and make it so the only way to reduce infamy is by doing those dailys (which only subtract like 20 points a day)
    This would be a great change. Nice and simple and would do a world of good.

Also they need to remove the possibility of getting other factions on the jury. It makes no sense that someone who is red is sitting on the jury in our courtroom. Fix plz.

I've noticed that the most purpling happens on the strongest side and the weakest side tends to form more alliances. So in a way it's providing some sort of balance to servers. If purpling was too prohibitive, the stronger side would farm the weaker side to extinction, and then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    I've noticed that the most purpling happens on the strongest side and the weakest side tends to form more alliances. So in a way it's providing some sort of balance to servers. If purpling was too prohibitive, the stronger side would farm the weaker side to extinction, and then what?
    What? People would go pirate as they should for purpling. Either you work it out in some form of alliance or you go pirate to contest your own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzz View Post
    What? People would go pirate as they should for purpling. Either you work it out in some form of alliance or you go pirate to contest your own faction.
    That's the problem. I don't see most people on the winning side abandoning EZmode game, so I don't think that would happen. The winning faction would just continue to farm the content becoming stronger and stronger and unable to contest one another until the people losing left or rerolled to the winning side. Instead of a single guild or alliance being OP, you'd have an entire faction being overpowered.

One change I'd like to see to the infamy/justice system is the reduction of leadership upon assault and murder.

Each assault should remove 1 leadership. Each murder should remove 10.

This would force players who want to be heroes to act more accordingly, since after all, you are a hero of your faction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast