+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Endgame PvP gear - Lightyears away.

Endgame PvP gear - Lightyears away.

I started playing just under a month ago, played efficent and got to 55 with 100h played,
    wearing full Souldforged with gems at a Gearscore of just under 2300.. I've mined and sold
    pretty much everything i can... yet i am hundreds of thousand of gold away from the good PvP gear.

I've seen some of the gear sell for as much as 150.000 gold for ONE piece.. who even has that
    amount of gold !?.

So i'm starting to wonder, have i hit that wall that is almost impossible to climd over in any
    humane time without spending RL-money or literally giving up my social life?.
    I asked in guild how much gearscore you need to be effective in PvP endgame.. over 6k,
    and since i am mostly into PvP and i don't even bother with tradepacks, how is a player suppose
    to get that Epic+ gear that only disgustingly rich players has ?.

I'm not asking to be fully geared in Epic or Mythic gear instantly... i barely just started the game...
    But getting to 55 in barely 100hours should account for some form of dedication, so how can a
    "dedicated" player get their hands on better gear then the Soulforged that was given from the bags?.

PvP isn't very fun when you're constantly running up against 6k+ players and you get obeliterated
    without doing much damage back. And if this is going to be the case for the next months.. or until
    i actually amass such a wealth i can spend a milion gold on gear, why bother ramming my head
    against the wall instead of moving to another game where you don't have to resort to insane grind?.

In Wildstar i got full PvPgear in 1 week, in World of Warcraft it took me 3 months to get full General,
    i'm looking for something in between - is that possible ?.
    It takes months getting the kind of money to buy even 1 item, and im not doing that... its a game.

My alt has 4.2k GS with all soulforge and 4 honor gem in pants and shirt(free).
    [fragment]

soulforged without gems should get you at LEAST 3.7k gs... how is it you only have 2300 with it?

also what kind of gear are you talking about here? You can be good in pvp without having the best of the best of the best gear. I see people in high 4s and low 5k gs's do well every single day. You just have to know what you're going after, and plan accordingly. But you dont need to spend anywher enear millions or hundreds of thousands of gold to be relevant. and you certainly dont need an epic + buff to be relevant either.

as for getting better gear, craft it up or go for obsidian, or grind out gold making methods and just buy the fruits of someone elses regrade luck if you dont want to risk it yourself. this last event was great for getting certain pieces of gear if you knew what to look for.

as it is, good gear is more affordable now than its ever been, with the prices of ayanads falling from 30k for a decent piece to getting a delphi upgradaeable for under 5k and scrolls for under 6, its not EASY but definately do able with a plan in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggot View Post
    I started playing just under a month ago, played efficent and got to 55 with 100h played,
    wearing full Souldforged with gems at a Gearscore of just under 2300.. I've mined and sold
    pretty much everything i can... yet i am hundreds of thousand of gold away from the good PvP gear.

I've seen some of the gear sell for as much as 150.000 gold for ONE piece.. who even has that
    amount of gold !?.

So i'm starting to wonder, have i hit that wall that is almost impossible to climd over in any
    I asked in guild how much gearscore you need to be effective in PvP endgame.. over 6k,
    and since i am mostly into PvP and i don't even bother with tradepacks, how is a player suppose

I'm not asking to be fully geared in Epic or Mythic gear instantly... i barely just started the game...
    But getting to 55 in barely 100hours should account for some form of dedication, so how can a
    "dedicated" player get their hands on better gear then the Soulforged that was given from the bags?.

PvP isn't very fun when you're constantly running up against 6k+ players and you get obeliterated
    without doing much damage back. And if this is going to be the case for the next months.. or until
    i actually amass such a wealth i can spend a milion gold on gear, why bother ramming my head
    against the wall instead of moving to another game where you don't have to resort to insane grind?.

In Wildstar i got full PvPgear in 1 week, in World of Warcraft it took me 3 months to get full General,
    It takes months getting the kind of money to buy even 1 item, and im not doing that... its a game.
    I see you'r a new player. ArcheAge have working like that for 2 years.
    In order to be an competitive pvp player, you are right, you will open your wallet and/or give up in your social life and even then it is a long term investment. However, get gear and farm gold is way easier now. A new player, if active enough, can prob hit 5k GS in about 2 months and there is also the soulforge gear that gives you free 4k GS.

Be advise, the pvp in this game is heavly gear based, so this is not like GW2 or BnS, but there are balanced arenas tho. You need invest in your gear and learn about skills, class in order to be effective in open world pvp.

Trying to answer your question, it will take you couple months to hit 6k GS and learn enough about pvp mechanics on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
    it will take you couple months to hit 6k GS and learn enough about pvp mechanics on this game.
    It should take about a 10 hours max or so to learn enough about the pvp mechanics in this game. It's not that complex, not at all.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Here's the thing with ArcheAge, it isn't designed (or been out long enough) for a player to get a set of Epic/Legendary equipment in the span of a month. It's a time investment regardless of you crafting it or buying it. Using soulforge allows you to regrade up to celestial, which a full set of should get you to roughly 4k (which you could then socket, temper, etc) and be viable in PvP.

A player doesn't need a gs of 6k to do PvP.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    Here's the thing with ArcheAge, it isn't designed (or been out long enough) for a player to get a set of Epic/Legendary equipment in the span of a month. It's a time investment regardless of you crafting it or buying it. Using soulforge allows you to regrade up to celestial, which a full set of should get you to roughly 4k (which you could then socket, temper, etc) and be viable in PvP.

A player doesn't need a gs of 6k to do PvP.
    its also worth noting a lot of the people in the 6-7k gs range have also more than likely been playing for a year + at this point.

Getting 6k gs is NOT something you do in a few weeks time, it takes a lot of work, a lot of regrading/gemming etc.

Besides GS is always the whole picture, you also have to realize it can be misleading as people could of just been lucky gemming meh gear and still get a decent GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggot View Post

amount of gold !?.

2300 GS? If you got the Soulforged gear from the returning/legacy pack, that's 4k GS with gems.

Anyways, getting to level 55 is not a big accomplishment in ArcheAge. It is the minimum because leveling is fairly easy and demonstrates no real initiative of your own. You do not advance quickly with dedication, you advance quickly with efficiency, knowledge, and support. In MMOs like Warcraft or Wildstar, the progression curve is indeed shorter and you are pretty much given everything you need on your own.

In other MMOs, you see someone with high-end endgame gear, you think "Huh, so that's gonna be me in a month." You see someone in ArcheAge with an equivalent-level gear, you think "Holy ♥♥♥♥, how much money/time did this guy spend?" or more like "How the hell did that guy get gear like that?".

That is the "inequality" that ArcheAge has and that ArcheAge players learn to accept (eventually). Many players climbing to the top take for granted just how amazing their accomplishments are. You walk around with 5-6k GS that's not a freebie, there are going to be people who automatically assume you're a whale and P2W. Because some of them can't fathom reaching that point without swiping hundreds of dollars.

This "inequality" allows your gear to be more than just a vehicle for endgame activity. It becomes a status symbol, it creates reputation, fear, and awe. Like what it should actually feel like when you encounter someone with amazing gear. Not "psh, I'll catch up with a bit of grinding." It should be "♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥."

But yeah, I understand that some people don't like this kind of pace for progressing in games. They're not looking for investment in gear for the sake of gear or anything super long-term. Maybe that's part of their goal, but their primary drive is using it to get into active and competitive PvP. In which case, yes, there are "better" games for that kind of player (like Blade and Soul, GW2, etc).

Yeah, idk who told you that, but 6k GS is not a requirement to be viale for pvp.
    Even at soulforged gear you can still have little bit of fun and at 5kish you should be fine depending in your server tbh.

6k GS is just what every player should aim for it at this point.

Anything T4 Cele or Divine with a divine wep can make you relevant depending on your gear. anything worth 140k is cause its end game thats the best of the best youre trying to buy its not gonna come cheap but on average the normal play will dishout 30-50k for good gear. ive been fortunate enough to barely be hitting 30k on most of my gear cause i buy divine pieces when theyre at the lowest point of sale. with that being said i dont own land or run packs and can afford to do all this, do research or come up with your own ways of making gold instead of comin on forums to Q.Q
    Inoch/NA's Worst Pvper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast