+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Really I'm waiting for Trion to do a town hall on Ollo and there only being 5 players there outside of disaster. Back to the topic at hand a lot of people want to place blame on disaster saying they just want to kill off competition or are simply intimidated by the group as a whole so they place hate on them. The thing is though they aren't trying to kill off competition they are trying to ensure the game is healthy economically and population wise. Sure Disaster is getting free farm while they are on ollo who wouldn't. The thing is they know it isn't right that they can make huge amounts of gold with relative ease. If they are doing it on a server then someone else can and is doing it on another server.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPurple View Post
    Answer me these basic game mechanic questions to prove your knowledge.

1. Distance you have to drive from a delph ghostship to avoid the slow/dot ?

2. At what % HP does levi enter into the first static phase ?

3. What does anthalons health regen scale off of ?

4. What type of damage is Kraken slam ?

5. Name 3 ways to reset Red Dragon.

If you can't answer these maybe you don't know what your talking about and should ....
    Yeah i'm gonna have to agree with others that knowing specific boss mechanics means very little when it concerns the overall health of a server and whether to merge a server or not. Those questions are more likely to be leveled at a guild that does end game PVP content but in no way means that every person who plays should/needs to know those specifics.

I mean hell outside of levi and oddly kraken i've killed and/or helped kill several of those mobs, multiple times, and i couldnt exactly name everything because honestly? I just listen to the raid calls and do my part i dont necessarily commit stuff like that to memory since it effects me MAYBE a few times a month tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    Yeah i'm gonna have to agree with others that knowing specific boss mechanics means very little when it concerns the overall health of a server and whether to merge a server or not. Those questions are more likely to be leveled at a guild that does end game PVP content but in no way means that every person who plays should/needs to know those specifics.

I mean hell outside of levi and oddly kraken i've killed and/or helped kill several of those mobs, multiple times, and i couldnt exactly name everything because honestly? I just listen to the raid calls and do my part i dont necessarily commit stuff like that to memory since it effects me MAYBE a few times a month tops.
    Don't do that, you'll upset the point that was trying to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgame View Post
    There is little chance that a single guild would be able to fight against us, so hopefully entire servers decide to work together against us instead.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say worldwide, considering S.KR has at least what, a two-year advantage for players to understand the ins and outs of their class? Still, until players start thinking more about making allies with guilds of the opposing faction it's likely there's a low chance of that happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    If that seems like a logical conclusion to anyone that guilds should simply just log out and NOT do the content in the game, well then this community has bigger issues than I thought.
    Says the one who sees nothing wrong with segmenting both the community and the content provided on servers because other games have done it before. But who's paying attention to minor things like that, right?
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyleptic View Post

No, the only person who doesn't understand game mechanics are you, and your entire guild.
    To give some context to Sirpurple's post since people only wanna quote what he said and not what he was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    To give some context to Sirpurple's post since people only wanna quote what he said and not what he was responding to.
    To be fair, "understanding game mechanics" was a poor choice of words since that literally ranges from "how car physics work" to "why can you use a harpoon from one ship against another in a safe zone and it not trigger a nearby guard's AI", to the leviathan's attack stages and patterns to how larceny works.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Do you even listen to yourself? this is some of the dumbest crap I have ever read. disaster is one of the few guilds who have actually transferred OFF a free farm server in order to create competition.
    I quote (from another thread):

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    If anyone else makes a player nation they had better be ready to defend it against us, because as far as we're concerned nobody else deserves one. KGB certainly didn't deserve one, they just wanted to dress up with their fancy clothes and RP ride dragons at the expense of their member's t7 weapons. 'The North' were tyrants and now the ones they oppressed have been literated.
    You want dumb crap to read? How about that quote.

You didn't transfer to create competition. You transferred with the intention of removing someone else's work. Your guild couldn't possibly care if there were any competition involved. Disaster was laughing that people were abandoning "tens of thousands of dollars worth of in-game investment" when this started happening.

I'll agree to one thing and one thing only: Transfers were and are quite possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to archeage to date.

Really I'm waiting for Trion to do a town hall on Ollo and there only being 5 players there outside of disaster. Back to the topic at hand a lot of people want to place blame on disaster saying they just want to kill off competition or are simply intimidated by the group as a whole so they place hate on them. The thing is though they aren't trying to kill off competition they are trying to ensure the game is healthy economically and population wise. Sure Disaster is getting free farm while they are on ollo who wouldn't. The thing is they know it isn't right that they can make huge amounts of gold with relative ease. If they are doing it on a server then someone else can and is doing it on another server.
    Yeah, you are a little off your mark. Disaster's main objective is to stagnate any potential opposing competition. Anyone actively hunting player nations, not Disaster exclusive, is doing it to ♥♥♥♥ on months/years/USD worth of investment and get their lawls from making Trion more money. Because the only way people can become/stay competitive against a foe like that, will be to pay the yearly salaries of Trion's employees.

Disaster, stay on Trollo. Slowly die out and quit on your free farm server. Sacrificing one guild to the graveyard of Un-Sub is worth everyone else enjoying their game a little bit longer.
    Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aserghui View Post
    Yeah, you are a little off your mark. Disaster's main objective is to stagnate any potential opposing competition. Anyone actively hunting player nations, not Disaster exclusive, is doing it to ♥♥♥♥ on months/years/USD worth of investment and get their lawls from making Trion more money. Because the only way people can become/stay competitive against a foe like that, will be to pay the yearly salaries of Trion's employees.

Disaster, stay on Trollo. Slowly die out and quit on your free farm server. Sacrificing one guild to the graveyard of Un-Sub is worth everyone else enjoying their game a little bit longer.
    Can you give an example of any of this? The reason the player nation died was because they let it die. They never even tried to fight who knows they may have held 1 castle and kept their nation alive. This again shows the inherent problem with the game currently that people will rather transfer to where they can free farm. This causes inflation for the game as a whole. How do you know nobody can fight disaster if nobody even tries.

I think there was some context lost between what I quoted and what was said before it so let me back track..

Disaster member posts screenshot of free farming on Ollo. Screenshot of them turning in idk, 200 abyssal packs. He says this is not healthy for the game, a guild shouldn't have this much control, we are making way too much gold.

Bunnyleptic steps in with some incredible advice "if you don't want free farm why don't you stop doing it".

If that seems like a logical conclusion to anyone that guilds should simply just log out and NOT do the content in the game, well then this community has bigger issues than I thought.

In my opinion the problem with Ollo isn't that there aren't players who are interested in doing Abyssal it's there aren't players on the server period.. Most people love doing Abyssal granted they have the time to do it. I've said it before here and elsewhere, I think the VAST majority of the players do PvP and PvE , farm and potato, go to raids when they can, they do a little bit of everything. This includes Abyssal, Mistmerrow, all that stuff. So when events happen on Ollo and NOBODY shows up anywhere to me that says.. hey maybe this server is not doing so great population wise.
    However you still can't base the server's health around events. People still have the choice of attenting or not. If people know there is a strong guild going to every event that they can't beat, they aren't going to show up for it. If you really want to see how many people are around the server, disappear for a bit and stalk the events to see how many people come back out. Average players PvP and PVE but if they are constantly getting beat in PvP everytime, then to them its a waste of time and resources to participate. Disaster has that type of control because they have scared their competition off. They are either hiding or transfered. If open land is constantly being seen in pvp zones then that would be some indication that the server may be suffering. If not, then people simply aren't attending these events. Fact is Trino has the hard numbers of active players on the server. You can't estimate the server population based on voluntary events, especially when those events are usually controlled by a dominating power.

Can you give an example of any of this? The reason the player nation died was because they let it die. They never even tried to fight who knows they may have held 1 castle and kept their nation alive. This again shows the inherent problem with the game currently that people will rather transfer to where they can free farm. This causes inflation for the game as a whole. How do you know nobody can fight disaster if nobody even tries.
    khegobier posted a quote from rururu if you'd want an example right above your post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast