+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 397

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

  1. #321
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    However you still can't base the server's health around events. People still have the choice of attenting or not. If people know there is a strong guild going to every event that they can't beat, they aren't going to show up for it. If you really want to see how many people are around the server, disappear for a bit and stalk the events to see how many people come back out. Average players PvP and PVE but if they are constantly getting beat in PvP everytime, then to them its a waste of time and resources to participate. Disaster has that type of control because they have scared their competition off. They are either hiding or transfered. If open land is constantly being seen in pvp zones then that would be some indication that the server may be suffering. If not, then people simply aren't attending these events. Fact is Trino has the hard numbers of active players on the server. You can't estimate the server population based on voluntary events, especially when those events are usually controlled by a dominating power.
    Also think of it like this, when you have a controlling guild, as Witch says, people have less incentive to want to compete because they just automatically go "Oh why bother, they're just gonna zerg/steamroll us, bleh." so they dont bother to show up.

    However once that controlling guild leaves or fractures... its like springtime, people start poking their heads out again and go "What? we can actually COMPETE now? woo hoo!" and then its like a renaissance of PVP.

    Oddly enough, what a lot of the big controlling, guilds dont realize is they are they're OWN worse enemy. If they practiced enough restraint and gave people a few wins here and there,t hey'd have a LOT more people actually coming out to contest and do things.

    I've been on salphira since the beginning, iv'e seen the ebb and flow and it works.

  2. #322
    Senior Member Witchbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kraken
    Posts
    1,067
    Its not even about winning or losing, its about working together towards a common goal. Something that PvPers seem to forget once their egos set in. You want competition and they want to gear up to compete. Whats the solution? Show others that you are cooperative and willing to work together on events to share the spoils. You still get a reward and other can use the gold to properly gear up. Once they've gotten to a spot where they can fend for themselves, you can always start attacking them again. However PvPers usually grow an ego once they've achieved enough strength so they will simply backstab you when they get the chance. Power can be used to help others, not just beat them down. In this specific situation players need to know when and how to use their strength.

  3. #323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    khegobier posted a quote from rururu if you'd want an example right above your post
    You mean a post saying that they will go fight a player nation if it is established sure. That's a good challenge for them basically one guild vs a maximum of 200 people. Do they want to stagnant all competition like you claim they do? Answer is no they like competition and want more of it. They don't like the current state of the game with free farm servers causing inflation and hurting the games population.

  4. #324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    However you still can't base the server's health around events. People still have the choice of attenting or not. If people know there is a strong guild going to every event that they can't beat, they aren't going to show up for it. If you really want to see how many people are around the server, disappear for a bit and stalk the events to see how many people come back out. Average players PvP and PVE but if they are constantly getting beat in PvP everytime, then to them its a waste of time and resources to participate. Disaster has that type of control because they have scared their competition off. They are either hiding or transfered. If open land is constantly being seen in pvp zones then that would be some indication that the server may be suffering. If not, then people simply aren't attending these events. Fact is Trino has the hard numbers of active players on the server. You can't estimate the server population based on voluntary events, especially when those events are usually controlled by a dominating power.
    Ollo has plenty of open land truth be told. I found enough land in marinople to place 2 mansions down. If you don't know marinople had one of the smallest housing zones in the game. Being the nuian capital + having acess to the ocean. True events are not the best indication for population but they can give you an idea

  5. #325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    Its not even about winning or losing, its about working together towards a common goal. Something that PvPers seem to forget once their egos set in. You want competition and they want to gear up to compete. Whats the solution? Show others that you are cooperative and willing to work together on events to share the spoils. You still get a reward and other can use the gold to properly gear up. Once they've gotten to a spot where they can fend for themselves, you can always start attacking them again. However PvPers usually grow an ego once they've achieved enough strength so they will simply backstab you when they get the chance. Power can be used to help others, not just beat them down. In this specific situation players need to know when and how to use their strength.
    DISASTER did that with their faction on aranzeb, example: ♥♥♥♥♥♥ mafia was getting attacked by FC at anthalon. DISASTER shows up. Protects RM and gives them the boss. Then DISASTER asks for Xenex to bring his guys to return the favor and help defend Kraken while DISASTER killed it. can you guess what he said "No we dont feel like it"

    Giving out free ♥♥♥♥ brings out the people who want free ♥♥♥♥. Once you stop giving it away, they stop coming.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

  6. #326
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Aserghui View Post
    Yeah, you are a little off your mark. Disaster's main objective is to stagnate any potential opposing competition. Anyone actively hunting player nations, not Disaster exclusive, is doing it to ♥♥♥♥ on months/years/USD worth of investment and get their lawls from making Trion more money. Because the only way people can become/stay competitive against a foe like that, will be to pay the yearly salaries of Trion's employees.

    Disaster, stay on Trollo. Slowly die out and quit on your free farm server. Sacrificing one guild to the graveyard of Un-Sub is worth everyone else enjoying their game a little bit longer.
    It's honestly that kind of thinking that's feeding the problem people have right now, and will honestly continue to have after this whole sensationalizing passes.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  7. #327
    Senior Member Witchbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kraken
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaneKri0s View Post
    DISASTER did that with their faction on aranzeb, example: ♥♥♥♥♥♥ mafia was getting attacked by FC at anthalon. DISASTER shows up. Protects RM and gives them the boss. Then DISASTER asks for Xenex to bring his guys to return the favor and help defend Kraken while DISASTER killed it. can you guess what he said "No we dont feel like it"

    Giving out free ♥♥♥♥ brings out the people who want free ♥♥♥♥. Once you stop giving it away, they stop coming.
    Pretty sure Disaster's rep was working against them in that specific incident. A guild that talks a lot of ♥♥♥♥ and shows their ego isn't going to make many friends. People aren't going to be all buddy with them from one nice gesture and return the favor. That's basically comparable buying a girl dinner and expecting some naughty time after. They gonna have to build some form of trust with everyone before people are willing to work with them.

  8. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ZZZ
    Posts
    224
    Remember when morpheus was new and 3 groups owned all of heedmar and calmlands? Lets make points ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed expensive again! /hyperbole

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    Pretty sure Disaster's rep was working against them in that specific incident. A guild that talks a lot of ♥♥♥♥ and shows their ego isn't going to make many friends. People aren't going to be all buddy with them from one nice gesture and return the favor. That's basically comparable buying a girl dinner and expecting some naughty time after. They gonna have to build some form of trust with everyone before people are willing to work with them.
    DISASTER was stll trying to help RM and work together with west at this point. This was the breaking point.

    Dumb analogy. help someone get PvP and asking them to continue to PvP. All there is, was more fun for them, but there was nothing in it for them so they ♥♥♥♥ed off
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

  10. #330
    Senior Member Bunnyleptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ōkunoshima Island
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    You really are delusional. Just utterly, hopelessly delusional. Honestly there's no way other way I can put it. You are infuriatingly clueless, yet also confident in your misguided beliefs.
    I am not clueless, out of the 2 of us you are the one who is clueless about different playstiles of the game.

    The very maker of this game has stated that this game is not solely meant to played as pvp aspect of the game, yet this is another basic and futile game mechanic that you and your guildmembers fail to see, and ignore it like a plague...

    Your entire thread, cry out and your way of avoiding every question for constructive feedback shows this time and time again...

    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    At what point have you offered any constructive suggestions in this entire thread?
    That you disagree with me and many other people here that don't play the game in your way doesn't mean that they didn't offer constructive feedback.

    This is the entire point, you keep repeating yourself, trying to oppose your gamestyle on others but you're miserably failing.
    Also calling names and accusing someone that disagree with you, that they do not play the game is very childish and ignorant, just saying...

    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Didn't we just go over this a few pages ago, about how all you do is throw out passive aggressive statements yet offer up no suggestions. Look honestly at this point it's clear I'm debating with someone who arguably doesn't even play the game so after this I'm done. I know Khrolan has a pretty good feel for the game and what ArcheAge is "about" so I'm fairly sure when he reads through this thread he'll have some well informed opinions from a lot of people who play this game and then he will have bunnyleptic's opinion which will immediately go in to the dumpster and be set on fire (metaphorically speaking of course). Good day to you.
    This made me chuckle.
    I'm pretty sure that my opinion is valid, especially among the many players that don't want a server merge, for various VALID reasons I profided on previous pages of this thread. So no my opinion doesn't go to the dumpster. Also keep in mind that I'm not the one whining on this thread demanding something about which Trion said NO already!

    Also, you still didn't answer a VALID and critical question:

    Will you be happy if Trion stripped down your precious gear, and gave you a ticket to get soulforged gear, making all your gear process pointless??

    See I even bolded out to you to make it easier for you. But knowing you, you won't answer the question,, again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts