+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Let's do some math.

One week of archeage on 9 servers =
    378,000 gold from Delphinad Ghost Ships
    540,000 gold from Abyssal trade packs
    18 ayanad equivalent weapons i'll modestly price at 15k ea = 270,000 gold

Those 3 events alone produce roughly 1,100,000 gold a week. We won't even mention all the other world bosses, gold trader, castle taxes, and numerous other events every week. The problem with this is that MOST of these servers are uncontested and one or two guilds controls these events on every respawn. They aren't wasting time or money on buffing. They just show up at respawn and collect their gold.

Have you ever wondered why top tier weapons/armors are so expensive? Why you farm and do your trade packs every day but it still seems impossible to catch up in gear without paying. Well, there is your answer.

Suddenly, cut the amount of servers from 9 to 4. Suddenly, add in gold costs to these guilds fully buffing in order to obtain this content. Hey, look. Your trade packs are worth more. Your land farming is now viable. Is this going to put you on an equal level playing field with the top guilds? No. Right now you aren't even in the same stratosphere though.

3 servers plus a fresh start.
    "Even when NaCl and Crippling Debt did engage they got wreckhoused, REALLY FAST!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!" (Khrolan school girl giggle in the background) - Celestrata 2016

"but pooper jackson on my server we compete for all of that on most days" - well, that's fine. Unfortunately many servers are not like that and while you may be having fun fighting for these bosses, other guilds are passing you at an alarming rate on another server. Then you see them transfer in with 30 legendary t7 weapons and wonder why you can't compete.

I wonder how much gold disaster alone makes a week.
    6 castles
    42 total ghost ships
    untold amounts of gold from abyssal packs
    free reign over gold trader
    Kraken, Morpheus, Red Dragon, Meina, Glenn

How much gold do you think they make a week?

The biggest problem i feel with mergers, especially at this point in the games lifecycle.

Is the amount if items even a standard character owns. Between all the bound items, this and that, another forced merger almost another year in would result in a severe reduction of resources for a LOT of long term players.

So they would have to figure out a way that people can hold more than just whats in their inventory and warehouses i feel before they can do another merger.

Of course this is relating to a non transferring type of player. I mean hell just in mounts/vehicles/costumes/quest items/bound gear i have next to no room in my warehouse

All mergers will do is have 2 months of power struggle and then we will have 4 servers taht are owned by one guild instead of 9 with the PVPers whining about lack of farmers to gank again. If the PVP players would stop running away from other PVP players then the game would be better overall for everyone. Just all go stack a server and declare it the PVP server.

Thinking somewhere between five and seven servers would be better, four just seems too small. Will grant it that it seems we have a bit too many right now.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    All mergers will do is have 2 months of power struggle and then we will have 4 servers taht are owned by one guild instead of 9 with the PVPers whining about lack of farmers to gank again. If the PVP players would stop running away from other PVP players then the game would be better overall for everyone. Just all go stack a server and declare it the PVP server.
    Simple math will tell you 4 guilds free farming 4 servers is much less inflation for the casual player. Obviously.

Edit* I disagree that all 4 servers will be free farmed within a few months though. There's east guilds and west guilds and many players dislike eachother, they aren't going to hold hands and kill bosses.

And the whole "pvpers just want to gank farmers" is an unfounded strawman argument. The vast majority of my Pvp on a daily basis is fighting the other factions top guild and I'm quite certain they spend most of their time fighting mine. Running around ganking farmers is like.. what? Nobody relevant does that.

Cant happen as long as theirs land whapes. When one person ones a whole housing dostrict per zone

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Simple math will tell you 4 guilds free farming 4 servers is much less inflation for the casual player. Obviously.
    It still wouldn't help them, since its' not like they have any chance of catching up now. Unless they wiped the servers and merged it down to 3 or 2 there is really no helping the disparity. Plus, why do people who hoard land and do trade packs need mythic weapons anyway? It's not like they coudl defend themselves against a PVP skilled person anyway, even if their gear was the same. Tyhe 'PVP' crowd would still just cheeze game mechanics like hiding at safe one borders and glitching out guards which will just make way more of the respectable players quit again. We get that you can't fight actual PVP players so you need to line up more targets that can't fight back, but that's just going to destroy the game faster.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post

Edit* I disagree that all 4 servers will be free farmed within a few months though. There's east guilds and west guilds and many players dislike eachother, they aren't going to hold hands and kill bosses.
    youa lso have to remember land would basically be cut in half (even including new zones in 3.0) thus driving prices for everything else up as well. So it'd be a lot of give and take, in some cases a select few could make out like bandits sure, but in other cases people would lose a LOT and just stop playing, thus fracturing the player base even more.

Its not as simple as just mashing everything together and everything would be hunky dory for everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast