+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Trion did try to limit the alt account in the beginning, but due to the large use of VM and how hard it is for them to track and prove that one person was in fact controlling multiple accounts, they just abandoned trying to stop it.

Access to the net is just too open in the west to really apply a single account to player play for AA. Trion just doesn't have the pull or resources. Honestly I would love to see it someday, but it's just not doable in the west.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Trion did try to limit the alt account in the beginning, but due to the large use of VM and how hard it is for them to track and prove that one person was in fact controlling multiple accounts, they just abandoned trying to stop it.

Access to the net is just too open in the west to really apply a single account to player play for AA. Trion just doesn't have the pull or resources. Honestly I would love to see it someday, but it's just not doable in the west.
    Yeah thats something that would almost assuredly have to happen across the board to gain any traction. All games, systems etc would have to be onboard as would gamers and people who connect to the net through any kind of official isp

it wont happen with our culture...way too many hands in the mix.

Plus we dont seem to be fans of limiting ourselves overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    No thats not what i'm saying and you know it. I wrote, there has been no game released in the NA that has ever been able to do away with any multiaccount system. Even your vaunted BDO as others have pointed out. Even in AA i'd do just fine with 1 account, even if they were to institute a no "trading" system that'd be easy enough to get around with an AH, but thats besides the point.

Its not like i'm working with dozens of alts here, i have/had 3 accounts max, and that was mainly for land tax distribution and even then that was just to make things easier accounting wise on my end. i really only play one character for the majority of my gaming time.

You do realize however one doesnt always need to transfer resources to one account to get use out of multiple accounts right?

also my "illusions" aren't really illusions, i merely pointed out no game has ever stopped and/or solved the issue you bring up, simply because the way we do business in NA is different than how its done in KR/RU. and nothing that i pointed out changed the topic you were talking about.
    I don't see the option tho get advantage in BDO using more account. AA has this option without trade and resource sending too, but next patch and family changes can change this maybe (I have not enough informations yet. Maybe after some hours sleeping i will re-read the 50 pages in 3.0 topic). IF family offer more advantage but you (you and other family members) have to work harder that will modify the shared land situation. (or not)

If people weren't investing in their gear, they were probably investing in land. So what you're saying is that you'd like to wipe the progression of a bunch of people so that you can have fun for a couple of months until people quit and leave the new servers empty too. If land barons sat around talking about how much better and thrilling the game would be if everyone's gear got reset to the stuff you load in with, people would go ballistic. And it would be more fun for awhile until those people could grind back up to their 7k gs. But you don't see anyone advocating that, cause it's always someone else's progression that's cool to wipe. Mergers didn't work last time, they won't work this time. All they'll do is run off the kind of people still willing to stick around leaving a truly dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by starhaven View Post
    If we are to make some servers more competitive/attactive to move to and fight over content I believe the best bet would be to Simply cut down the rewards on some servers and or Increase it on others This would produce a clear incentive to Be on those other servers. Castles produce more sieges give more to both the winner and the loser So even if you fail you get Good rewards for coming out and fighting Even if you lose. Instead of simply using a Stick, use a carrot so to speak, Increase Pvp honor rewards for open world combat on these Servers give unique Titles and Other things to spend Honor on, On these servers Un cap the pvp Arenas on these pvp friendly servers and Allow Pvp in pvp zones inculding housing,
    Currently there Is no incentive for Pvpers to Gather on a single server when they can just free farm another with out a fight.

Although If You make a Server/Servers with greater rewards they may have to lock them down so you can only Transfer into say 1/2 servers with these Boosts and between them But never off so Guilds gaining Massive gold/honor buffs cant then leave and Pillage servers that don't for the Lols

Make a Attractive Server for competitive and pvp minded players Rather than Just Gut and kill other servers and what players have built there. If severs like this are made then we can see Were the populations stand and if a merge is Really required rather than just demanded.
    I'm all for this, I can't see any reason anyone should be against this.

Relying on Trion to create this specific ruleset on a server is pure fantasy though.. I mean anything could happen I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    Ok the difference between merges and server transfers:

- Your land will have no value as all know it is going poof in a few days, but you will get the pre-built kits so if you happen to be lucky/not working day of the merge you may get land to put it on

- Your crops/lumber/stone/random crap will have no value as everyone else is trying to dump their crap too as you can only bring so much with you - You know in case Trion doesn't manage to correctly pack all those storage chests and xfer them with your toon to the new servers. Not like we have had 4 months where they couldn't see what was in chests and get our crap back to us post 2.5 update. cough cough - still no compensation on that Trino.

- So no you will not be walking onto the newly merged server with 10k+ gold from items sold. You will have w/e is in your pocket today.

- You and every other newly arrived soul on the server will be land crazed and looking to settle down. First on and with the fastest connects, will claim a crap tonne of land so they can sell it off. Profiteering was a thing with the first set of merges...it will be no different 2nd time around. Same with server overload, random DCs, Roll backs, land hacks, etc.

So what can Trino do?

- New PVP server?? Korea has it... maybe it's time for us here too. PVP as far as the eye can see. More honor rewarding events instead of money. Gear ticket again for those on that server. Maybe can make it one toon per account or somehow limit alts. A place for those who love the good pvp can go and shine.

- Give PVPers more arenas! Dumbest thing was to limit them per day and then charge gold. At least charge them honor. Who really thought this was going to go well??? Arenas are practically ghost towns with queues taking hours to pop. Also the cross realm queuing will help as well with 3.0 but if can be implemented sooner, would be better. Your PVPers are bored without some quick action to break up their day. So if there is nothing stellar going on their server they turn to making mischief and purpling on others out of sheer boredom and destructiveness. Will this solve all the purple bridge loving trolls, no. But at least most will be having too much fun in packed 1s, 3s, and 5s to give a damn about a 14g pack.

- Any other ideas?

The problem is in my OP. Guilds are free farming MASSIVE amounts of gold because all 9 servers have this available. Yes, they run from PvP but they ARE doing content that was designed to be PvP'ed over. Karkasse is a freaking WAR zone for gods sake.

In my opinion the way to fix this issue without merging is to create a few servers with these events, or have better bonuses available to them. This has been suggested multiple times so I won't go in to detail. Basically you have a few servers with the "open world content" enabled on them and the rest don't. Those guilds who wish to do these things, go to these servers. Those people who could give a crap about it.. just don't go!

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    The problem is in my OP. Guilds are free farming MASSIVE amounts of gold because all 9 servers have this available. Yes, they run from PvP but they ARE doing content that was designed to be PvP'ed over. Karkasse is a freaking WAR zone for gods sake.

In my opinion the way to fix this issue without merging is to create a few servers with these events, or have better bonuses available to them. This has been suggested multiple times so I won't go in to detail. Basically you have a few servers with the "open world content" enabled on them and the rest don't. Those guilds who wish to do these things, go to these servers. Those people who could give a crap about it.. just don't go!
    So you don't see the problem in segmenting not just the game's community but also the content provided to them?
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    So you don't see the problem in segmenting not just the game's community but also the content provided to them?
    Nope. Plenty of games have done it before.

Why would you potato farmers who don't do these events even care? You said so yourself you have no issue playing on a dead server. So play on your dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Nope. Plenty of games have done it before.
    There are so many things that could be said about this statement.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    There are so many things that could be said about this statement.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with disabling world content on some servers and not on others in order to appeal to both sides. Are you against opening a PvP server as well? Why would you even care? You've never been to a ghost ship before yet somehow you don't want us all to go to a server and do them.. oh maybe because your server will be dead? lol.

Trion/XL is too lazy to develop anything like that though so it's irrelevant.

Trion is merging servers with 3.0 so it's not worth talking about. I will bet anything on it. Look at Ollo population , Aranzeb, and others. 9 servers will go to 3 and they will open 1 fresh start server. Will bet my entire character on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast