+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with disabling world content on some servers and not on others in order to appeal to both sides. Are you against opening a PvP server as well? Why would you even care? You've never been to a ghost ship before yet somehow you don't want us all to go to a server and do them.. oh maybe because your server will be dead? lol.

Trion/XL is too lazy to develop anything like that though so it's irrelevant.

Trion is merging servers with 3.0 so it's not worth talking about. I will bet anything on it. Look at Ollo population , Aranzeb, and others. 9 servers will go to 3 and they will open 1 fresh start server. Will bet my entire character on it.
    I'll bite my thumb in return to your comment, since you're often making assumptions about other players like that.

Unfortunately while you want to think such separation is a good idea, your very same statement on how "other games have done it before" can be used to show just how much something like that does the opposite.

I wouldn't be against a PVP-focused server if it was actually done the right way, but considering some of the given suggestions for a server like that I'd be better off playing EVE or Mortal Online for a PvP fix.

And it's been said there are no plans at this time to merge. They've considered and will continue to consider until otherwise, but we know it's going to happen when it won't be as much of a mess as the previous attempt.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

You keep harping on this whole "Potatoes aren't entitled to world content" thing. Did you ever once stop to consider that maybe you aren't entitled to PvP?

Stop demanding things change just because *gasp* people don't want to play the game according to your imaginary rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Khegobier View Post
    You keep harping on this whole "Potatoes aren't entitled to world content" thing. Did you ever once stop to consider that maybe you aren't entitled to PvP?

Stop demanding things change just because *gasp* people don't want to play the game according to your imaginary rules.
    It's gotten to the point people fall back on calling others potatoes like it's some kind of insult, but it's really just sad (especially when you have to edit a post just to throw that in there).

and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

I guess I would be a potato, I have a huge amount of land, basically between me and my alt, I own 6 Gazeebos, 2 tree houses, an upgraded pavilion, an upgraded townhouse, and 3-4 scarecrow farms (16x16's)

It took me 6 months of scrapping saving, farming my balls off, negotiations, and strategic property placement to get all that land. It's to the point that if I'm forced to merge, all the progress I've made in the game goes right down the toilet as well as my means to earn money. Now I'm supposed to what after a merger? take my 4.7k gear score and fight off every PVP guild on the server for a DGS? not going to happen, I sometimes can't even protect my own farmcart! *shakes fist at windscour bridge*

I'd be more open to the idea once the new areas come out, with the increased housing zones....it might be doable, but atm? No way..

<Undecided>
    Pure Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Khegobier View Post

More mental gymnastics to avoid reconciling how the game is intended to be played. Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata @ Physician for dodging
    *is disappointed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears 2016-2017
    ArcheAge: Craft. Claim. Conquer.
    i heard they lootmastered the levi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudelord View Post
    More mental gymnastics to avoid reconciling how the game is intended to be played. Bravo.
    Ultimately the player decides how the game is meant to be played if it gives them the option to do so.
    If they want to fight, they'll fight. If the want to farm, they'll farm.

It's designed to cater to both spectrums of players and the ones in between, that doesn't mean everyone will be doing everything.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disabling world content on some servers and not on others in order to appeal to both sides.
    Well, there's someone who strongly disagrees with you. He seems to think it's a crazy idea.

I'll quote what he says, and then you two can argue this out:

Your [Nerrivic] solution to fixing this game is taking content out of it.

Your solution
    to fixing
    this game
    is to take content out of it

Let that sink it.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudelord View Post
    Pretty sure the game was billed as a "sandbox" game when it came out. Doesn't take a genius to realize that your personal ruleset doesn't apply to anybody else.

Let's do some math.

One week of archeage on 9 servers =
    378,000 gold from Delphinad Ghost Ships
    540,000 gold from Abyssal trade packs
    18 ayanad equivalent weapons i'll modestly price at 15k ea = 270,000 gold

Those 3 events alone produce roughly 1,100,000 gold a week. We won't even mention all the other world bosses, gold trader, castle taxes, and numerous other events every week. The problem with this is that MOST of these servers are uncontested and one or two guilds controls these events on every respawn. They aren't wasting time or money on buffing. They just show up at respawn and collect their gold.

Have you ever wondered why top tier weapons/armors are so expensive? Why you farm and do your trade packs every day but it still seems impossible to catch up in gear without paying. Well, there is your answer.

Suddenly, cut the amount of servers from 9 to 4. Suddenly, add in gold costs to these guilds fully buffing in order to obtain this content. Hey, look. Your trade packs are worth more. Your land farming is now viable. Is this going to put you on an equal level playing field with the top guilds? No. Right now you aren't even in the same stratosphere though.
    Server merges = people leave

Go way with you logic disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anselmo View Post
    Server merges = people leave

Go way with you logic disaster
    Yes people leave with merges however the long term bleed because the server is "dead" is slowed drastically and the long term bleed is more harmful in the long run than the immediate short term that people leave....
    "we advise refraining from appealing this decision further" - Trion Support

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast