+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Looks to me like a case of those at the top trying to keep others at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by ykeara View Post
    Yes people leave with merges however the long term bleed because the server is "dead" is slowed drastically and the long term bleed is more harmful in the long run than the immediate short term that people leave....
    Sure, that's why the first Server Merges... erm "Evolution" was such a success right? NO!!

A huge amount of the playerbase left, and that is one of the major reasons why the population is dwindling right now. You want to apply fail mechanics again to get fail results, seems logical...

Also Trion said no already, leave it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    Looks to me like a case of those at the top trying to keep others at the bottom.
    Also this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    you mean the people who are objecting to merges? yea i agree.

All that's occurring now is one guild free farms each server. If you're not in that guild on your server, you might as well quit. Feel free to transfer off, but then you'll find yourself in the exact same situation no matter what server you go to. A dead server, occupied by one guild. Everyone else is just going through the motions, doing their dailies then logging out because they're too stubborn to quit despite not actually doing anything in game.

Is this what the games turned into now? Do your dailies/CR, whatever ♥♥♥♥ty pointless event is going on this week and then logout? I just came back to the game, and I'm not impressed. I don't think anyone who tries to return to see 3.0 will be either. And this will be the fate of ArcheAge until it dies. People return for new patch, see that Trion have still messed up the game, and then quit. Each cycle, less and less people coming back.

Guilds have been free farming for so long that anyone returning has no chance. At least if merges happened, guilds could compete for content and not every guild would get free 1m handout gold a week. If one guild is dominating then the other guilds could ally up against them. But why would they now? Why have to work for that 1m handout and then split it with other guilds that you worked with, when you can just go to another server and get your free EBT.

This free farm ♥♥♥♥ has gone on for too long. Eventually, Trion will need to give out free Legendary Obsidian weapons and free Epic buff armor sets to everyone returning to the game. Free welfare 6-7k gearscore, because that's the bare minimum you're gonna need to be competitive soon with the amount of power creep being free farmed across multiple servers.

I'm a land ♥♥♥♥♥. I have entire islands to myself. Own half of housing zone, etc. On multiple servers. I've maintained patron to pay for this ♥♥♥♥ty land since launch. I could easily sell off all my land for 100-200k. Even I want merges. Whats the point in owning virtual land in a video game, if the game is dead(it is btw). What's the point in the land if the return it gives me is less and less due to inflation?

Once 3.0 comes around and more land is added, they need to merge asap. Not 9 down to 4 servers. All the way down to 2 servers. There just isn't enough population to support 9 servers. Merge all the servers on each AH cluster and disable transfers. Done.

Tbh mergers would help newer players get into the game it will stop the existence of free farm server which cause inflation for the whole game economy. Now don't get me wrong prices will not change over night but the price value of gold will go up and everything else will follow suit be it consumables or gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HiImNebins View Post

All that's occurring now is one guild free farms each server. If you're not in that guild on your server, you might as well quit. Feel free to transfer off, but then you'll find yourself in the exact same situation no matter what server you go to. A dead server, occupied by one guild. Everyone else is just going through the motions, doing their dailies then logging out because they're too stubborn to quit despite not actually doing anything in game.

Is this what the games turned into now? Do your dailies/CR, whatever ♥♥♥♥ty pointless event is going on this week and then logout? I just came back to the game, and I'm not impressed. I don't think anyone who tries to return to see 3.0 will be either. And this will be the fate of ArcheAge until it dies. People return for new patch, see that Trion have still messed up the game, and then quit. Each cycle, less and less people coming back.

Guilds have been free farming for so long that anyone returning has no chance. At least if merges happened, guilds could compete for content and not every guild would get free 1m handout gold a week. If one guild is dominating then the other guilds could ally up against them. But why would they now? Why have to work for that 1m handout and then split it with other guilds that you worked with, when you can just go to another server and get your free EBT.

This free farm ♥♥♥♥ has gone on for too long. Eventually, Trion will need to give out free Legendary Obsidian weapons and free Epic buff armor sets to everyone returning to the game. Free welfare 6-7k gearscore, because that's the bare minimum you're gonna need to be competitive soon with the amount of power creep being free farmed across multiple servers.

I'm a land ♥♥♥♥♥. I have entire islands to myself. Own half of housing zone, etc. On multiple servers. I've maintained patron to pay for this ♥♥♥♥ty land since launch. I could easily sell off all my land for 100-200k. Even I want merges. Whats the point in owning virtual land in a video game, if the game is dead(it is btw). What's the point in the land if the return it gives me is less and less due to inflation?

Once 3.0 comes around and more land is added, they need to merge asap. Not 9 down to 4 servers. All the way down to 2 servers. There just isn't enough population to support 9 servers. Merge all the servers on each AH cluster and disable transfers. Done.
    This is one guild at abyssal attack, honestly should not be allowed.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by HiImNebins View Post

Anyone remember Kyrios where all the pvper guilds that free farm their server went to and only one of those is still active now. The Kyrios experiment is proof that merging server will only decrease population even more. More ppl will quit the game if they are not getting content or even a chance to do content. 3 server give little to no chance of doing content. At least 9 give ppl a chance to start anew
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by ThaneKri0s View Post
    This is one guild at abyssal attack, honestly should not be allowed.
    Disaster keep proven why server merge are bad. No chance equal no fun.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    Anyone remember Kyrios where all the pvper guilds that free farm their server went to and only one of those is still active now. The Kyrios experiment is proof that merging server will only decrease population even more. More ppl will quit the game if they are not getting content or even a chance to do content. 3 server give little to no chance of doing content. At least 9 give ppl a chance to start anew
    PVP guilds transferring to one server isn't the same as a merger. People will get tired of the game and quit of their own free will regardless of content. When you free farm the same content for months, thats enough to make people want to quit. The problem is that the power creep of people free farming multiple servers, all connected to the same AH, pushes everything up and makes it impossible for new players.

There's no one to replace the people that quit, because this game is not new player friendly. Thats why everyone waits around for fresh start servers. Thats why WoW had to give every new player free ticket to max level.

At least if merges happened there would be a place for newer people in top guilds, as they'd need numbers to contest. Right now the top guilds of each server are like 20 people just free farming. What a joke.

The damage has already been done. And its severe damage. However, not merging the servers ASAP is only going to exacerbate the problems.

Them having the option to go to a dead server is the reason why they need merges. A dead server is a virtual money printer for the games whole economy causing game wide inflation.

Disaster keep proven why server merge are bad. No chance equal no fun.
    I think you are missing the big picture. If anything they are doing the opposite. You saying there is no chance for equal fun. This will be the case if free farm servers continue to exist. People who have to fight to progress will continue to fall further and further behind. Inflation will continue to rise as more of the easily obtainable gold is added into the economy. The inflation is almost to a point where nobody new can get into the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast