+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgame View Post
    We really do want pvp, but people keep using our gear and our supposed 'Toxicity' as excuses to keep running away. Disaster is the top guild in NA and perhaps the best guild in Archeage Worldwide, nobody has the dominance that we do nor do they have the ability to impact other servers the same way that we do.

There is little chance that a single guild would be able to fight against us, so hopefully entire servers decide to work together against us instead.

I've personally spend alot of time talking about Disaster and how good we are and now it seems like i don't even have to do it anymore. Nobody could say that Disaster isn't the top guild now without looking bitter. Most people acknowledge we are the best to the point where they also say how fast they would be ♥♥♥♥ing out of there if we ever showed up.

Don't run away, we just want to know what it feels like to lose again.
    If we could I would like this post, and I would also like Mr. Jackson's post where he explained the plan behind Ollo. I'm quoting in full since this is several pages ago now.

It would appear though that running away is a more likely result than fighting, and even if you merged it down to 1 server everyone else playing could always just quit and play another game. I'm a potato, in a server you're not on, not in one of the free-farming guilds. I'm not a land baron either, so honestly merges won't affect me much aside from having to rethink having my 2 16x's in Calmlands and doing braziers if I ended up being killed there all the time. That said, let me give my opinion on possibly how to change yourself, feel free to ignore, unasked for advice and all that. I'll probably give my opinion on what would work best re merges and game health/economy in another post.

I'm gonna cover the whole toxicity thing first, since I can sum this one up easy. Words hurt, unless they started trash talking first, a thorough beatdown should be more than sufficient for your victory with no feelings hurt, aside from maybe anger at themselves for losing - and even if they started the trash talking, a good Nui camping without you saying anything back in response will probably make them even angrier.

Second thing, gear. Well, you ARE the most dominant guild NA. And you have what it takes to win. In fact, you're dominant enough that nobody really wants to even try before running away. I can't tell you what to do here, but someone has to be #1, and currently that's you. If I was you I would think that I would want to take the long approach and argue for no mergers. The guilds free farming their server are doing so to get better gear to catch up to this gear gap between them and you. Guilds aren't looking to merge together, or they would have long ago - and individuality and multiple guilds aren't a bad thing. So, anyway, they're all trying to catch up to you. All the gold they free farm is going right back out of the game in regrade costs or to someone else for charms, scrolls, etc. No inflation. Thus, the more guilds free farming on more servers, the more guilds trying to catch up to you and 1v1 you. The problem is you're free farming too, so at best all of these guilds can only keep pace. Maybe kill the bosses but don't kill them the second they spawn if it isn't convenient, take a day off if you have rl stuff to do, whatever. Another idea might be offer x amount of gold if a guild can beat you in a 8v10, or whatever it is that's fair. Come up with some sort of rules or whatever and make a tournament, then for the rest of the month you have another guild in the server, the prize would have to be worth the risk to transfer in, maybe work out some sort of boss kill split agreement for the rest of the month, 30/30 and 40% contested or whatever. An open challenge of sorts, but enticing enough that competition and trying is welcome.

TLDR Long, off topic post, not really relevant if you're not Disaster, I give my opinion on two possible ideas for Disaster to potentially have more fun, all completely OT. Please don't derail thread, these are not the droids that you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by iiiiiiijjjjjj View Post
    Everything was cheaper on Morpheus...<snipped for space, left a bit to specify which post I'm replying to>
    First off, original reply was to someone saying that inflation causes new players to quit (I think, original poster didn't clarify that I saw). Derailed into imo semantics over defining a new player and the semantics of whether inflation or gear gap causes players to quit, but anyhow.

Very good informative post. I would assume that extra gold from the free farming would largely be dumped into regarding, but clearly I was wrong - I'm going to guess because guilds that can free farm are already pretty much as geared as necessary? I would think that free farming guilds would be dumping all profits into having better gear than Disaster, especially with transfers, but apparently not...? Technically then Morpheus would also demonstrate that if the game ever got merged down to one server with one guild in solid control, everyone not in the top guild is very quickly screwed. Thus more servers like we have now, you could technically say are slowing down the inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    If we could I would like this post, and I would also like Mr. Jackson's post where he explained the plan behind Ollo. I'm quoting in full since this is several pages ago now.

It would appear though that running away is a more likely result than fighting, and even if you merged it down to 1 server everyone else playing could always just quit and play another game. I'm a potato, in a server you're not on, not in one of the free-farming guilds. I'm not a land baron either, so honestly merges won't affect me much aside from having to rethink having my 2 16x's in Calmlands and doing braziers if I ended up being killed there all the time. That said, let me give my opinion on possibly how to change yourself, feel free to ignore, unasked for advice and all that. I'll probably give my opinion on what would work best re merges and game health/economy in another post.

I'm gonna cover the whole toxicity thing first, since I can sum this one up easy. Words hurt, unless they started trash talking first, a thorough beatdown should be more than sufficient for your victory with no feelings hurt, aside from maybe anger at themselves for losing - and even if they started the trash talking, a good Nui camping without you saying anything back in response will probably make them even angrier.

Second thing, gear. Well, you ARE the most dominant guild NA. And you have what it takes to win. In fact, you're dominant enough that nobody really wants to even try before running away. I can't tell you what to do here, but someone has to be #1, and currently that's you. If I was you I would think that I would want to take the long approach and argue for no mergers. The guilds free farming their server are doing so to get better gear to catch up to this gear gap between them and you. Guilds aren't looking to merge together, or they would have long ago - and individuality and multiple guilds aren't a bad thing. So, anyway, they're all trying to catch up to you. All the gold they free farm is going right back out of the game in regrade costs or to someone else for charms, scrolls, etc. No inflation. Thus, the more guilds free farming on more servers, the more guilds trying to catch up to you and 1v1 you. The problem is you're free farming too, so at best all of these guilds can only keep pace. Maybe kill the bosses but don't kill them the second they spawn if it isn't convenient, take a day off if you have rl stuff to do, whatever. Another idea might be offer x amount of gold if a guild can beat you in a 8v10, or whatever it is that's fair. Come up with some sort of rules or whatever and make a tournament, then for the rest of the month you have another guild in the server, the prize would have to be worth the risk to transfer in, maybe work out some sort of boss kill split agreement for the rest of the month, 30/30 and 40% contested or whatever. An open challenge of sorts, but enticing enough that competition and trying is welcome.

TLDR Long, off topic post, not really relevant if you're not Disaster, I give my opinion on two possible ideas for Disaster to potentially have more fun, all completely OT. Please don't derail thread, these are not the droids that you're looking for.
    I call bs. Calling disaster best aa guild world wide. Fi e they can defend themselves from care bear soloist na eu players, but no way In aa world wide history they would match ru, kr. Those two regions would smash them. Even jp and china aa would smash them to rage quit. While disaster has better pvp than these last two regions, but they have server wide numbers to overwhelm disaster. And they would!

For the record thaiyang server na or ragora eu welcomes your wimpy guild. Come if you choose not to run. Video pvp lose and disgrace your guild will face.

Dont worry we will let you cry in dogs house and after beaten go to another server as a loser guild.

There wont be any server merges. Possibly ever again, or at least until Gweonid on those servers has free land from one side to the other.

No one cares how much gold is in the game.

If people wanted pvp they wouldn't of transferred off those servers to begin with.

Its funny you are on page 37 and still cant come up with a good reason to merge servers.

No one cares guilds are free farming, at least they are playing, which is more than will happen if they merge.

Since most of the apex is probably bought from mostly potato farmers and alts at this point, there really isn't even a point for Trion to reply.
    Guilds that complain about having so much gold probably aren't buying much apex. Its like literally letting the cart pull the horse, amusing, but stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgame View Post
    Disaster is the top guild in NA and perhaps the best guild in Archeage Worldwide
    All servers have or had "Top" guild and I don't think this noname disaster of Archeage is the best of all time. The best pvp guilds left the game after the advantage of gear killed the "fun" in pvp. Some of the "top" guild/server:
    - old Nebe: Tryhard (pirate)
    - Rangora: original Honor Point Collector (nuia) than the merged BSB (pirate)
    - Dahuta: Tortuga?
    idk where is the source of this guilds; but they were "Top" guilds too: Grind, Iron, Futilez
    Most of the best guilds and teams left Archeage. The best of the rests in 1 server with broken economy and low or medium sized PvP population? Congratulation Hero!

Merge can help to normal users to get lands. Just keep banhammer in your hand, Trino! And ban all multibox-multi-controll and bot users in land rush! (multiaccount is "fine" for trino, but 1 player and more account contrioll same time is ban factor)
    Normal merge is not good thing. Maybe new merged servers have to be "pvp" and normal/rpg servers and players can chose the target server like in transfer. This is better and make "PvP" players happy in the start... maybe. Just use separated AH for PvP and for normal servers to help "pro" players in non PvP planning too!
    But this is "maybe in 2017" plan. No merge in next months. In old server system and in EU/NA region merge will be fail. Core problems will be in system after merge too. Gear gap kill the "free" race and the fun PvP and prevent new players join in and be part of the open world pvp system. Multiaccount and labor slave system generate enormous "deflation" in basic materials and kill the effective in game economy (new players and old active players can't get lands. production is not effective in silver/labor, slave and alt accounts are not real customers and they generate many unused gold and resources. In long time more fake accounts accelerate inflation and destroy the weak "log in of new players" mechanism too). And done. Can you see REAL solution in this system? Devs adn publishers can do nothing real good thing, because real money users love to cry and play "give me my money back!" game. They do it when they have no right and they will do it when they lose something in "fair play" patch. Toxicity is the key. This materials will never leave the body of damaged Arcehage servers. They just will eat and destroy all healthy part of the target object (AA) and make it useless. Sad story, Sad Panda.

Still at the end of the day no matter how you try to paint it, mergers in MMOs, ESPECIALLY a non instanced (mostly) MMO like archeage, are the LAST thing you want to do.

That should never be the first recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    Still at the end of the day no matter how you try to paint it, mergers in MMOs, ESPECIALLY a non instanced (mostly) MMO like archeage, are the LAST thing you want to do.

That should never be the first recourse.
    So what would you suggest to reduce inflation and encourage new players to join? Because that's what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    So what would you suggest to reduce inflation and encourage new players to join? Because that's what the problem is.
    Salt to the lands, fire in the cities and start new server and offer some REAL changes and fixes! We have enough salt in the forums to do it.

1.) Open up the arenas again. If there are concerns about players farming honor make diminishing honor gains after x number of fights. Some players enjoy the arenas just for the PvP. Quit punishing them.

2.) Honor in open world PvP. Honor should be awarded for ANY PvP in the open world. Double that in cases of wartime. Give more of an incentive to open world PvP. Along with this, take the person who came up with the idea of having that honor loss in PvP out back and shoot them. At a time when we know we need to encourage new PvPers...and are fighting a gear gap, taking away precious honor for losses only keeps some players from risking it. Do the math people.

3.) Fix of the "no PvP in housing" . I am one of the players who initially supported the safety in one's house, but not as it was implemented. Seriously, the housing zones should not be one huge Nui, you should be safe only on property you have access to.

4.) new type of fresh start server. Let's learn from what we are hearing. Since so many claim to like the rush of a fresh start, make a designated fresh start server. This means...no adding it to the legacy AH, no transfers on or off for an X period of time. Players go in with an understanding that in an X amount of time, the server will go on lock down and players are given a choice to transfer to a legacy server or start over again. Maybe do this every year.

5.) Quit pushing the idea of mergers. We have seen they do not work. They will shrink an already shrinking player base. Use the transfer system as it should be used. People...you are given a choice. If your server is so dead that you are unhappy, leave. Use natural selection until a server becomes so dead Trion can then say..."Sorry folks, this server is going to close. All players will be given a transfer off." Quit clinging to an empty place you are claiming to be so bored in, go elsewhere and be pro-active instead of trying to force everyone else to have to start over because you refuse to be pro-active.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    merges would do nothing to encourage new players to join OR reduce inflation. Why would you think mergers would do either? There's nothing inherent in merging servers that would suggest they would help either new players joining or reduce inflation.

So i dont even understand why merging servers would be a suggestionf or either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast