+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @Celestrata Behaviour in presence of GMs

@Celestrata Behaviour in presence of GMs

Hello Celetrata,

yesterday a rare event occured, a GM showed on my main server (Sirothe).

After his decent greeting to the server, the chat was immediately filled with trash. Some obvious trolls towards the GM and a clear show of general disrespect and lack of decency.

While there were no real insults and the GM stayed classy all the time, maybe even got a laugh or two from it, some things said really made me feel ashamed for my fellow haranians.

I seriously asked myself - why donīt those folks get temp banned to teach them some manners?

Aside from maybe a manpower issue, i hardly wonder why GMs are seldom seen, even if itīs part of the job description, who really wants to deal with such immature, inadequate behaviour from the player base? Or should have to.

IMHO: A GM showing up is a great thing and time for direct support or even nice talks with the GM if no questions require attention.
    Yesterday was just embarassing, childish, trolling, dickhead spamming the chat.

Again respect for the GM who stayed classy all the time, i know itīs part of the job, but still.

Aside from the useless trolls there was one player accusing a guild of cheating/exploiting openly in the chat.
    Iīd see that as name calling, this ainīt allowed in the forums, it shouldnīt be in server chats either - i bet one can ask the GM to enter a whisper conversation.

I remember games with more frequent GM interaction, where GMīs were treated respectfully (not saying jokes arenīt allowed, but that useless spam yesterday wasnīt even funny) and were warmly welcomed everytime.

So i wonder, arenīt there any rules that dictate a somewhat decent behaviour in presence of a GM?

Retired from Eanna [Hasla, Lutesong, Rokhala island]
    There will always be angry and time to time disrespectful customers that forgot they're talking to an other human being.

However GM has perfectly dealt with it, he must keep his nerve as long as people don't break rules.
    That's harsh but as a GM is representation of the rules enforcement his attitude must be above any reproach.

That's mandatory for being a GM, if you thought it was a cool job, no it is not.
    It is hard, complex, ungrateful.
    As Community Manager, because community opinion is very changeable. Sometimes it can be hearty and some other heartless.

They always have to see the bright side in all of us or in some of us.
    Moly Prim
    Member of Prim Clan
    -
    In honor and memory of Quillodon. Thiol's child, God of Yata, Heavenly Protector of explorers, Keeper of the hidden library and Erenor's story

Quote Originally Posted by Moly View Post
    There will always be angry and time to time disrespectful customers that forgot they're talking to an other human being.

That's mandatory for being a GM, if you thought it was a cool job, no it is not.
    It is hard, complex, ungrateful.
    I understand that and i generally agree.

What my "problem" with the situation is - it was not "some" customer that was angry at a GM. Pretty much all of the usual suspect did "contribute" some useless junk to the chat, maybe even suppressing valid question from newer players. (the last part is pure speculation).

It was smarta.ss talk and they simply made fun of the GM - thatīs disrespectful and i dare to say an direct insult.

And honestly... thatīs far from hard, complex and ungrateful. Thatīs quite banworthy imho.

Forgetting that you talk to another human being, is one thing. This was beyond and i somehow regret not having taken screens, then again i bet Trion is well capable of reviewing the chat so thereīs that.

Imho that kind of "smartass.ing" a GM is toxic, but thatīs just me.

Edit: This wasnīt the first time a GM was "welcomed" on Sirothe this way - dunno about the behaviour on other servers.

I am so glad your haranis left our server.
    Auron
    <Reborn>

Quote Originally Posted by AeonAuron View Post
    I am so glad your haranis left our server.
    Actually itīs not just "those" even if their questionable contribution was a big part.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophecies View Post
    Hello Celetrata,

yesterday a rare event occured, a GM showed on my main server (Sirothe).

After his decent greeting to the server, the chat was immediately filled with trash. Some obvious trolls towards the GM and a clear show of general disrespect and lack of decency.

While there were no real insults and the GM stayed classy all the time, maybe even got a laugh or two from it, some things said really made me feel ashamed for my fellow haranians.

I seriously asked myself - why donīt those folks get temp banned to teach them some manners?

Aside from maybe a manpower issue, i hardly wonder why GMs are seldom seen, even if itīs part of the job description, who really wants to deal with such immature, inadequate behaviour from the player base? Or should have to.

IMHO: A GM showing up is a great thing and time for direct support or even nice talks with the GM if no questions require attention.
    Yesterday was just embarassing, childish, trolling, dickhead spamming the chat.

Again respect for the GM who stayed classy all the time, i know itīs part of the job, but still.

Aside from the useless trolls there was one player accusing a guild of cheating/exploiting openly in the chat.
    Iīd see that as name calling, this ainīt allowed in the forums, it shouldnīt be in server chats either - i bet one can ask the GM to enter a whisper conversation.

I remember games with more frequent GM interaction, where GMīs were treated respectfully (not saying jokes arenīt allowed, but that useless spam yesterday wasnīt even funny) and were warmly welcomed everytime.

So i wonder, arenīt there any rules that dictate a somewhat decent behaviour in presence of a GM?
    I have to disagree with you. Whatever is in game stay in game. We are just having fun here. If your feeling get hurt by someone comment you shouldn't be reading or talking chat at all. Even I have being a known a bit trollish. As for name calling being accuse of cheat you really never know. On my server one player known to set up public craft house and even their people defend him. You really don't know who is cheating or who is not. Being accused to be cheat and your not is nothing. As I don't know what was said in your chat I don't really see anything wrong. The Gm believe is all fun and game. A little trolling and childish fun for fun is okay but don't take to personal level.

Do you want to be silence to post stuff in game as well?
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    I have to disagree with you. Whatever is in game stay in game. We are just having fun here. If your feeling get hurt by someone comment you shouldn't be reading or talking chat at all. Even I have being a known a bit trollish. As for name calling being accuse of cheat you really never know. On my server one player known to set up public craft house and even their people defend him. You really don't know who is cheating or who is not. Being accused to be cheat and your not is nothing. As I don't know what was said in your chat I don't really see anything wrong. The Gm believe is all fun and game. A little trolling and childish fun for fun is okay but don't take to personal level.

Do you want to be silence to post stuff in game as well?
    There is a pretty thick line between trolling and being an outright ♥♥♥♥♥♥. And thats the problem with most trash-talkers in this game, the GMs tolerate the flagrant disregards for chat rules and sell out their self respect in lue of temp banning and perm banning the toxic elements of the game.

But the precedence Scapes set for allowing a lot of the toxic actions to go unpunished in the beginning is why we have more toxic than good players. The toxic players were allowed to stay or buy amnesty through the almighty USD.

At OP, dont complain about trolls. Trion wants them in the game... for whatever reason.
    Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aserghui View Post
    At OP, dont complain about trolls. Trion wants them in the game... for whatever reason.
    It wasnīt a complaint. Trolls are trolls, maybe the GM took no offense at all. Even i didnīt take an offense.

I was simply ashamed to play with such types on the same server as i simply stand by my opinion that this kind of behaviour to a GM crossed that thick line.
    (Edit: Itīs like someone nice you know comes to a party/room and some drunk dīheads talk nothing but rubbish maybe even abusive crap, ya know that guy/girl is classy enough to ignore those types, but you immediately feel ashamed having invited him/her to THIS party - or simply the urge to shut the drunk guys up for the rest of the evening, making good use of telephone books stuffed into the right places ^^)

So i was wondering on Trionīs stance.

Also i have no idea what you (Deathdealer) tried to say?! You were a bit tired when you wrote that?

That name calling about a certain guild cheating was pure waste of the GMīs time. Not because that guild is particularly trustworthy, but it was said in a manner that made it sound serious, while it was obvious to everyone knowing the "storyteller" that it was a lie.
    Imho thatīs far beyond trolling. But thatīs just me.

As long as they aren't breaking rules, the GM has no reason to take action against them. All those trolls are doing is baiting him into abusing their power, so they can hop on the forums with their newly acquired ammo and attack Trino again. That GM kept his cool and I applaud him for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast