View Poll Results: Do you think Dark Runner is Overpowered?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 65.97%
  • No

49 34.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: New name for Archeage: DarkRunner Age

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekt View Post
    I wish i could show the whole combat log, but this was simply a SS i snagged in the moment the other day. If you could see the combat log you'd see him evade multitude of my skills before i finally ended up snaring him and using the crit proc from nodachi to end him.

Dont worry though, i've got more screenshots coming for you, particularly some mages hitting me with legendaries :^)
    You can't evade from behind. Also no ♥♥♥♥ people with legendaries hurt. I've been on the receiving end the crazy damage of t7 scepters and staves, but I'm much less scared of them than a DR with 1k less gs. They don't ignore almost every cc known to man, and usually do not have much of their own if they are specced for damage. Without tp resets you also have a much easier time running away than against a dr as well.

Do you see the issue yet? Its the lack of trade offs and weaknesses for the amount of damage you have that is the issue. With no real vulnerability besides "muh melee range" battlerage has a lot of strong points

All these people complaining about DRs are so funny. Like DR is strong but there are plenty of counters to it. Biggest of all is defense you can use redoubt to stop from being tripped as well as medigate almost all physical damage. Sure DRs have mobility but they need it should someone be allowed to kite you to the point they can't even be touched? Mages have a bunch of aoes while DRs have what maybe 3 that can hit over 5 people. On top of this magic can't be blocked parried or evaded. As others have said magic can hit just as hard.

For my next show and tell session we feature Ykeara. Why is he special? T7 mythic sceptre. Now, as you can see show in the first SS, He has a 7k GS, which as we theory crafted is about 200 over what my GS would be if not for oversight. Shown in the First SS is me doing the "2 hiitter quitter" you guys are oh so afraid of and it simply tickling the god-mage. Exhibits 2 and 3 are simply what i have to deal with in a RvR situation, which is at any given moment of any given second, i could instantly be removed from the fight without a woe or worry. (Also not a crit)

Is my mobility so bad now considering i have to be constantly moving to avoid this oh so easy death?

http://imgur.com/a/sp2yK

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekt View Post
    I wish i could show the whole combat log, but this was simply a SS i snagged in the moment the other day. If you could see the combat log you'd see him evade multitude of my skills before i finally ended up snaring him and using the crit proc from nodachi to end him.

Dont worry though, i've got more screenshots coming for you, particularly some mages hitting me with legendaries :^)

As for your "Mitigation" aspects. You want to beat a DR? Spec defense. EZ PZ. Redoubt is undoubtedly a direct counter to DRs as a whole. Our entire skillset is mitigated by the skill.
    "As for your "Mitigation" aspects. You want to beat a DR? Spec defense. EZ PZ. Redoubt is undoubtedly a direct counter to DRs as a whole" is it so hard to wait 20s in stealth until redoubt end? do you even play dr? defense is junk vs dr any dr can counter defense with only 1/10 brain

Quote Originally Posted by marlies View Post
    "As for your "Mitigation" aspects. You want to beat a DR? Spec defense. EZ PZ. Redoubt is undoubtedly a direct counter to DRs as a whole" is it so hard to wait 20s in stealth until redoubt end? do you even play dr? defense is junk vs dr any dr can counter defense with only 1/10 brain
    Stealth != 20 secs in arena, which is the only situation i'd even touch a def user.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    I am not so much sure its that DR's are OP as that they have a lot of advantages.

Compared to most (all?) other classes they have a very low gear score requirement. In this game, that is a big deal. Can only afford a divine weapon, no biggie go DR.

It also probably has the lowest entry level skill cap of any class in the game. You can be a completely mediocre player and still do fine with DR, because it is so simple. No disrespect meant to the few DR's that take it to that next level, but lets be honest playing DR (battlerage in general) is like PvP with training wheels.

Its a lot of fun. High damage, high mobility, lots of action. Who doesnt like three shotting folks while they cant move?

Combine those things and its a perfect storm for a FoTM class, but I really dont think it is that OP.
    This

It would be a shame if defense got toned down last patch with mettle changes and supplemental block nerf. It also counters archers far more than battlerage considering you're almost never behind someone while kiting as an archer. I'm assuming everyone is also just ignoring all the other benefits BR has on other damage types just because redoubt exists? Again the issue here is how much extra crap dr gets for all the damage it has. Free defenses, free cc breaks, most cc of any damage tree, almost all instant casts, and the only damage tree with mobility skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    It would be a shame if defense got toned down last patch with mettle changes and supplemental block nerf. It also counters archers far more than battlerage considering you're almost never behind someone while kiting as an archer. I'm assuming everyone is also just ignoring all the other benefits BR has on other damage types just because redoubt exists? Again the issue here is how much extra crap dr gets for all the damage it has. Free defenses, free cc breaks, most cc of any damage tree, almost all instant casts, and the only damage tree with mobility skills.

Let me give you the best tips i can. Kite it. Bait it. or Deal with it.

As a 7k+ GS mage I can assure you that Darkrunners are not the best class in the game.

They aren't the best 1v1 class in the game.
    They aren't the best raid vs raid class in the game.
    They aren't the best small skirmish class in the game.

What they are however is versatile. They are pretty good at all of those above things.

The reason so many people play Darkrunner is really quite easy to comprehend:
    A. They are the biggest gear gap closer class in the game. A 5k DR can absolutely crap on a 7k Mage if they get the right situation. The reverse is almost impossible and an undergeared Archer? Forget about it.
    B. They are simply fun to play. They are mobile and offer quick burst DPS which is how a lot of people like to play.

I see people in this thread arguing in favor of DR's being overpowered whom I know are experienced in RvR combat. I don't know what the hell you people are smoking but you must be delusional if you think they are the class that gets fights won. They wouldn't be ANYTHING without the Revenants, Skullknights, and Clerics backing them up.

Hey as a mage though feel free to nerf my rivalry class if that makes you feel better!

This video should be called "The power of redoubt" :^)

https://youtu.be/2AHHJBeaiQI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast