View Poll Results: Do you think Dark Runner is Overpowered?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 65.97%
  • No

49 34.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New name for Archeage: DarkRunner Age

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfordsword View Post
    I do agree with you in your 30 v 30 assessment.

I totally disagree with the above statement for any situation outside of large raid pvp. I have never seen any of these classes do well in open world pvp when the dark runner initiates. They die in two or three hits. Every last one on this list dies so fast they cannot respond. The fight is over before the global cool down from terrifying roar and throw dagger is gone.

As far as the reverse, I have seen the DR win when they did not get the first hit.
    I've been caught off guard playing Arcanist, Spellsinger, Enigmatist, Revenant, and Skullknight. The only class I haven't won as is Skullknight because my damage as that class is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansed View Post
    I've been caught off guard playing Arcanist, Spellsinger, Enigmatist, Revenant, and Skullknight. The only class I haven't won as is Skullknight because my damage as that class is bad.
    You may be the exception to the rule. I have seen some exceptional mages, mainly dagger spells and enigmatists survive to win. Those mages were both exceptionally good and played with a shield and socketed pdef. Their pdef was about 8k. Do you have a shield? What is your gear score and pdef? Oh... and they also heavily used the frigid tracks frozen earth combo for a deep freeze... meteor and then wambo combo with gods whip.

I have seen these same guys lose the very next round to the same dark runner.

The average mage 5.5k and below is nothing more than a quick kill for a DR.

You may be the exception to the rule. I have seen some exceptional mages, mainly dagger spells and enigmatists survive to win. Those mages were both exceptionally good and played with a shield and socketed pdef. Their pdef was about 8k. Do you have a shield? What is your gear score and pdef? Oh... and they also heavily used the frigid tracks frozen earth combo for a deep freeze... meteor and then wambo combo with gods whip.

dual mythic wielding 8.1k for me and Cleansed has a choice of shield or staff. I personally have 5k pdef no shield unbuffed. I don't even use meteor on deep freeze, arch is enough.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

I switch from dual wielding epic katana/divine t4 dagger to epic katana and divine Ayanad shield. I'm normally using dual wield and I don't use deep freeze combos. I just know how to get out of bad situations most times.

I'm a divine plate hexblade. Spec up redoubt, battle focus and have courageous action DR die if they don't have a super OP weapon. I get like 55% parry rate and around 65% block rate with those buffs only got around 7k pdef due to v2 shield but do have a backup serpentis shield if I want to go total melee tank.

I personally think people need to get out of their 1,2,3 skill mindset and learn to adapt to the situation.

if dr is so bad why 90% OF MY SERVER PLAY MELEE AND DR? ez answer because its op as ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by harmonypirates View Post
    if dr is so bad why 90% OF MY SERVER PLAY MELEE AND DR? ez answer because its op as ♥♥♥
    Because high end guilds like DISASTER have yet to bring you and your server out of the stone ages.

Because high end guilds like DISASTER have yet to bring you and your server out of the stone ages.
    We must be in the stone ages on Kraken then

Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    I'm a divine plate hexblade. Spec up redoubt, battle focus and have courageous action DR die if they don't have a super OP weapon. I get like 55% parry rate and around 65% block rate with those buffs only got around 7k pdef due to v2 shield but do have a backup serpentis shield if I want to go total melee tank.

I personally think people need to get out of their 1,2,3 skill mindset and learn to adapt to the situation.
    I personally think all the DRs on Kraken have super OP weapons and you would die. What do you do when you get leached? What do you do when you have a 6 second global cool down? YOu have an honor cloak or spmething that prevents that? How do you "adapt" to that situation? My guess is you pop redoubt before the attack, which means you see it coming.

run leechknight, allowed me to set up a long ♥♥♥ combo ending with summon wraith that would leave a decent number of 1v1 opponents over half dead if not down on the ground whining about leech in shout
    "I can solo it"-Ryjami

Peashy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast