View Poll Results: Do you think Dark Runner is Overpowered?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 65.97%
  • No

49 34.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: New name for Archeage: DarkRunner Age

Quote Originally Posted by Archdemon View Post
    run leechknight, allowed me to set up a long ♥♥♥ combo ending with summon wraith that would leave a decent number of 1v1 opponents over half dead if not down on the ground whining about leech in shout
    Lmao

If I ran SK in 1s, that'd be hilarious to run

Actually, DRs can be pretty vulnerable in raids vs raids. If their shrug is on cd and they are silenced or Cced, they are easy. They can't self heal, no shield, no invincibility, no fears, and no redoubt. Some don't even stack stamina. They can be pretty squishy and lightweight. Mobility is their key to survival, deny them that and they are seating ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Siller View Post
    Actually, DRs can be pretty vulnerable in raids vs raids. If their shrug is on cd and they are silenced or Cced, they are easy. They can't self heal, no shield, no invincibility, no fears, and no redoubt. Some don't even stack stamina. They can be pretty squishy and lightweight. Mobility is their key to survival, deny them that and they are seating ducks.

Very true. The DR class is a glass cannon. To over come that limitation you have to be in stealth, pop out get your target and then vanish into the wind like a shadow. Its a real assassin class. Get caught out in the open during full raid combat, and if you can't run away with the best mobility in the game, then you are a dead duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfordsword View Post
    I personally think all the DRs on Kraken have super OP weapons and you would die. What do you do when you get leached? What do you do when you have a 6 second global cool down? YOu have an honor cloak or spmething that prevents that? How do you "adapt" to that situation? My guess is you pop redoubt before the attack, which means you see it coming.
    Courageous Action kills their leech ability, immunity to sleep bruh. I don't know the specifics since I'm not on my PC right now but the CD is shorter than the duration and you can keep it up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    Lol you clearly are stuck in one mindset if you think DR just face rolls everything.
    Someone who plays DR please show Delaque the leach runner nodachi, and roar throw dagger technique over and over again until he learns what I am talking about. When you can literally do nothing but die you might think DR just face rolls everything. What do you do when leeched? What do you do when you have a 6 second global cool down on all your skills and pots?

Answer: you hope you live through it. Its a one sided beat down and you hope you have enough health and physical defense to not die. Any DR with a good weapon should make that an unrealistic expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by RequiemForest View Post
    Someone who plays DR please show Delaque the leach runner nodachi, and roar throw dagger technique over and over again until he learns what I am talking about. When you can literally do nothing but die you might think DR just face rolls everything. What do you do when leeched? What do you do when you have a 6 second global cool down on all your skills and pots?

Answer: you hope you live through it. Its a one sided beat down and you hope you have enough health and physical defense to not die. Any DR with a good weapon should make that an unrealistic expectation.
    Delaque is a melee specced player that switches from playing Abolisher and Darkrunner. He knows what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfordsword View Post
    I personally think all the DRs on Kraken have super OP weapons and you would die. What do you do when you get leached? What do you do when you have a 6 second global cool down? YOu have an honor cloak or spmething that prevents that? How do you "adapt" to that situation? My guess is you pop redoubt before the attack, which means you see it coming.
    Thats only half the problem. Listen, I been playing melee counters since this game came out, everything from dream breaker, to defiler, to cabalist, to scion, to thaumaturge, to skullknight list goes on, but basically anything with witchcraft defense or occultism is your only way of bane vs melee outside of abolisher which is designed to just shut down ALL sources of damage with the drawback of being less of a source of threat damage. I watched patch by patch every single changeup that's happened, the gods whip trend, the dream breaker cheese 1v1 arena trend, the Oh all of a sudden we're all using fiends knell trend but have no experience with it prior to this patch trend, the archery is about to go to complete ♥♥♥ due to resistance scaling and stupid ideas for ranged skill damage and magic scaling on poisons bs. Its all here....

But there hasn't been a more devastating change to game balance since 2.9. You can't sit up and have classes be the win all be all, it breaks the game, ♥♥♥♥ turns into rohan online and everybody is rolling a templar with a 500$ RMT mace...NO. The witchcraft nerf during the first wave to tone down on scaling...only to have the same damn scaling given back to us at a later time was pointless.....completely pointless....the courageous action change....while a cool idea at the time it completely killed the double play coming from shadowblades, now neither of you can avoid fear which is only a problem for the shadowblade because mages only take half duration from fear....nice nerf to a chess match...pointless.
    Now fear is completely>battlerage in control and have no immediate counterplay unless they decide to roll an occultism mix which is equally goofy. Now while pushing the change to make fear be the immediate counterplay to most melee in the same breath they go back around and add a cast time to mudhand...which is bad.
    Battlerage has no cast time. Witchcraft is a melee counter and can be used as a utility tree, which would work great, except the biggest turn on to both occultism and witchcraft from a melee counter perspective is the instant cast of skills, regardless of how deep you have to go in points to get them, so the bread and butter combo and opener for most witches is nerfed, so now we have to wait JUUUST THAT MUCH LONGER to force a battlerage user to bond breaker which essentially is what enervate mudhand is, its just a forced bondbreaker on the opponent to pull that cooldown so you can set up other CC's etc. So throw that combo out of the window now 2.9 you either hit it, or they jump around using hyper speed mobility and you get a targeting error like 98% into finishing the cast.

Then they turn around and hit defense, the new shield breaker passive proc...ok...that by itself isnt too bad what next...oh lets just give battlerage more mobility and have it stacking on frenzy....>_> ok wtf....oh lets nerf mettle so all of the burst from the initial set up of a melee combo has to just get taken, no mitigation or sustain....>_> k there goes the counter to melee burst through sustain...oh btw lets start tearing down block rate and parry rate when defensive players start their mitigation chain through endless arrows >_>..OK NOW WTF GUYS......

So now everyone who plays tanks and engagers like myself not only have to deal with the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ coming from archery and its passive dream ring during endless arrows, now we gotta deal with reduced block and parry rate on top of peoples focus which already reduces that factor enough as is, then we gotta deal with dream rings cutting off another 1k mitigation, PLUS ANOTHER 2000 FROM PUNCTURE PLUS ANOTHER 1600+ THROUGH ACCESSORIES AND PASSIVE ARMOR BUFFS, on top of that we have to fight this dark runner WHOS BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A ♥♥♥♥ING TELEPORT HACKER IGNORING ALL MOVEMENT IMPAIRMENT AND CC ON TOP OF HAVING THE ABILITY TO COMPLETELY JUST REMOVE YOUR GLOBAL COOLDOWN....JUST REMOVE IT YOU DONT NEED IT ANYWAY! JUST STAND STILL AND LET THEM KILL YOU.
    ALL THAT ARMOR YOU GEMMED AND BAUGHT ALL THAT GOLD THAT EXISTS IN YOUR ITEMS NAH ♥♥♥♥ LOGIC JUST ADD A SKILL TO BATTLERAGE THAT TURNS PEOPLE INTO SEABUGS WITH NO ARMOR.

Game balance has been breaking ever since XL attempted to be like Riot games or Blizzard and start touching things.....just broken....
    It shouldn't take a 30 man raid to come up with an excuse for beating a class. And before you say "Oh but theres abolishers and skullknights who can tank blah blah blah" THEY DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE. See the tradeoff?!?!
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by RequiemForest View Post

Tfw you realive del is part of a guild with some of the best DRS and revs in the game.

Darkrunner is indeed OP, very OP, in 1v1 and smallscale but it's much less when it comes to bigger raids, then it's mage all the way. I quited the game some months ago and when I came back I decided to ditch my Hexblade/Battlerage classes and go Sorcery, for a change. I have to say, I am enjoying being a staff mage but the difference in how EASY it is to play Battlerage compared to any Sorcery class, is ridiculous. The damage as Battlerage scales way higher with a decent weapon more than any other class. As a staff mage with an Epic Ayanad staff, I can hit hard, very hard, but only in raid, zeal proc and staff magic def pen proc and a crit, especially with some good Skullknights in the raid who are keeping the frontline off me. Only then. As a Battlerage user (or Darkrunner) you don't need to buff to do crazy damage and you certainly don't need a crazy weapon either and if you do have a crazy weapon, most things become a simple faceroll.

Puncture is also a huge problem, Def pen shouldn't come as a passive 2k. It should come only from gear or a weapon hidden proc like the staff, shortspear and longspear. With a Delphinad Lightning Necklace and Gale rings you already negate most Phys Def from most mages (the ones that go staff), adding a 2k on top of that basically means that any DPS (staff) mage has 0 phys defense.

However what I think is the true problem is that most don't participate in large scale fights, something that barely happens in EU if I look at some NA vids where it is easily 50+ on both sides. In large scale, it's mages that will win the fight, a well done mageball can destroy anything if not countered properly. In EU it's mostly small scale, fights at DS and what not, where Darkrunners and any other Battlerage setup will always be better.

While dr may be op in single combat (I don't have enough pdef to even bother trying when they attack). A group of mages can usually beat the crap out of a group of dr's that doesn't focus well. So no I don't think DR is OP and No I don't play DR I play mage that if a DR looks at me from 40 meters away I die... If they don't look at me though they die so I guess that's fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast