View Poll Results: Who do you think will come out on top?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rage

27 67.50%
  • VOTF

2 5.00%
  • no one

9 22.50%
  • everyone will become friends! (yeah no I doubt it)

2 5.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Information about the whole Rage vs Vengeance of the Fallen thing?

Information about the whole Rage vs Vengeance of the Fallen thing?

-

I'm done

consider the post dead

I apologize for even putting this up. - Serafia
    Serafia!
    Grimm Haven > Synertia >Shattered Silence > KGB
    Ever want to hang out? Mail me, pm me, or mention my name in faction! I'm very rarely busy! <3

As I understood it the bulk of it came down to content denial. It's been a tactic of pro-faction guilds before when trying to deal with guilds that green pirate, and often results in the content being contested. We jumped in the Rage raids a few times just because we're sympathetic to people getting denied faction events, and tend to oppose it whenever it happens.

At the end of the day, though, it benefits everyone to have fully inclusive faction events. That said, I know we felt this way before and I imagine Rage does to some extent as well, PVP is PVP, and it's fun, so content denial usually just turns out to be alternative content instead.
    Rickie
    <Lusty Seabugs>
    Pirates Green of Nazar, Bastards of Lucius. Returned for AA:U as a filthy casual on Runert.

Never Say Die.

Quote Originally Posted by SSShadow View Post
    Alright so I wanted to talk about Rage, yes them, and it's a lot to say.

Basically what I BELIEVE started this is when Rage got angry at Xirt for leading faction events and his raids failing to win the events. I think this is how it started. Anyhow, I have talked to lots of members on both sides and I wanted to update people who have literally no idea what Rage/VOTF/Xirt did or just completely missed the throwdown.

Okay, So Rage's current GM is Azaliaz, well, she's the acting GM. I've talked to her many times and she's actually rather nice and has a sweet personality imo. She told me that she has no problem with Rage members purpling outside of faction events and stealing packs. She however disagreed with members purpling IN faction events and 'trying to deny content' and she felt like whatever action she took would do absolutely nothing to fix the situation. I feel her pain truly I do, I was a GM of a guild a long time ago and I've been in her place and I wish it on no one. But anyway, Azaliaz and I (Serafia) continued with our talk, and I think she honestly doesn't know what to do. I don't think she's incompetent don't get me wrong, but I think she's lost. It's been about a week or so (maybe two) since I talked with her and the situation has only escalated from there.

We agreed that the egos of both sides have only inflated the problem and made it about 10x worse than it really should've been. From what I gather, Rage's side of the story, and you can correct me on this, is that they tried to negotiate with Xirt, current GM of Vengeance of the Fallen. Apparently, he was rude to them and refused to see reason. They think he is incompetent and needs to step down from leading events and being hero.

Now, I love Xirt, he's super nice and he's fun to talk to, but I've gotten a similar story from him. Apparently he tried to talk to Rage and THEY were rude to him and refused to see reason.

Hmm.. Interesting conflict there.

Now, on to the other side, Xirt is current leader of VOTF, and he and I have talked. Many times. So so many times. His stance on this is that he didn't WANT to fight Rage in the first place, but they started badmouthing him and threatening members of his guild and etc. I have NO IDEA if the badmouthing started with Rage or VOTF etc, but I KNOW the threatening happened. It was not Rage as a whole, but instead a certain member. They are no longer a part of Rage. I will not name names, due to the forum rules, but they threatened members of VOTF and those who took Xirt's side with bans. Yes. Bans. Permanent game bans. They were reporting members of his guild and his side to game masters. And I'm not the holder of the screenshots but I believe Xirt still has them so if you want them poke him idk.

Anyhow, his side is that Rage began to badmouth his guildies and his friends, and then Rage began to try and deny his raids content by purpling their raids during faction events. Okay the purpling INDEED DID HAPPEN, I was there. But I have NO IDEA when the purpling actually started, since each side has different stories.

Anyhow I have no idea if this post will be taken down due to rule 10 here, but this is just basic information for those who missed the big drama.

I side with neither Xirt nor Azaliaz. Nope. I don't want to pick sides. But I feel like I will be forced to pick very soon. I have close friends on each side and I, like everyone else, have very little clue as to why this happened. I just wanted to pass information I had gleaned from members of each side, most importantly the GM's of each side.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps people better understand the situation, but if anyone has information that they think I missed or believes I am leaving out information/using false info/etc can feel free to post below and tell me, I'll edit the post to match your info if it is helpful to the post. Thank you all and have fun playing AA I guess? I can collect screenshots from each side if anyone wants them, or you can ask their respective holders for them, but thanks for reading and goodbye for now!
    - Serafia, Elf, West, Shattered Silence
    (guild)
    xirt hated Gunther, Gunther joined A5, xirt hated A5, A5 dissolved and a majority of the leadership went to Rage, Xirt and Rage (atleast the people previously in A5) have mutual hatred for each other. That's how I remember it
    JayBe
    Nazar - West
    Yata Enthusiast

Factions memory is shady as usual on what happened.

Xirt's like 60 years old playing a game full of 20 and 30 year olds.
    Nui- Nagi

I suspect it's mostly due to inertia at this point, but most complaints I see in faction chat about Xirt are regarding the fact he keeps leading raids when he loses most of the time. That isn't even an opinion; at least when I used to do Halcyona often, Xirt really wasn't very good at it. He'd wait for enemy attacks when reds had golem advantage, react too slowly to changes in the battlefield, neglect giving commands, focus more on his personal fighting than on leading, and sometimes even just outright stay afk in base until it's way too late.

However... the west faction is seriously lacking in leaders. There isn't a single reference of someone who is both relatively trustworthy, capable, and, more importantly, willing. Xirt clearly has the will and is trustworthy enough - he might be a stubborn geezer, but I don't recall him kicking people and purpling them because they looked funny at him, or deliberately acting to undermine his own faction.

Being west is suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukinon View Post
    Xirt's like 60 years old playing a game full of 20 and 30 year olds.
    That's seriously cool in my book, tbh. It particularly amuses me how he seems to take younglings under his wing.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBe View Post
    xirt hated Gunther, Gunther joined A5, xirt hated A5, A5 dissolved and a majority of the leadership went to Rage, Xirt and Rage (atleast the people previously in A5) have mutual hatred for each other. That's how I remember it
    Please don't forget about my damage reduction hacks he always used to yell about.
    Link ->> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syIvV0S9vjc

Xirt is just an angry old man that will get mad at anyone for anything. I'm pretty sure he has some sort of medical illness where he thinks his fantasy is actually reality.
    He gets everyone in his guild to believe everything he says, even if it so absurd. (Damage hacks and health potion hacks)
    Xirt is just completely irrational.

He'll sweet talk you and get you to believe what he wants, I'm pretty sure he has the entire West faction chat believing I actually use damage mods. LOL

And while I don't even like *cough*A5*cough* ahem, Rage, or the majority of the people in that guild. Aza is a voice of reason, and is she says something, it's normally true or she believes it to be so.

Now, please go watch my video and enjoy laughing at Xirt.

Xirt was actively refusing to invite or kicking people from gr/cr raids based on their guild tag for about a month (that I know of) before Rage started purpling gr/cr. Happened to several guildies because we are friendly with Rage. If he was doing the same to Rage members, I can absolutely understand why it eventually led to purpling, and has gone downhill from there. I've even had people try to stop me from messing around with a harpoon clipper in Marianople because "Anti-Faction guilds aren't welcome or wanted here." (we're not anti-faction, we're just not strictly pro-faction either, because what has that ever gotten us?) A lot of it seems to come from VOTF talking trash and the faction lapping it up (that even happened when we *were* pro-faction, so is it any wonder we aren't anymore?)

Unless another major pvp guild come to nazar. If everyone who tranfering here are leaving. I believe Rage may come on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhei View Post
    I suspect it's mostly due to inertia at this point, but most complaints I see in faction chat about Xirt are regarding the fact he keeps leading raids when he loses most of the time. That isn't even an opinion; at least when I used to do Halcyona often, Xirt really wasn't very good at it. He'd wait for enemy attacks when reds had golem advantage, react too slowly to changes in the battlefield, neglect giving commands, focus more on his personal fighting than on leading, and sometimes even just outright stay afk in base until it's way too late.

However... the west faction is seriously lacking in leaders. There isn't a single reference of someone who is both relatively trustworthy, capable, and, more importantly, willing. Xirt clearly has the will and is trustworthy enough - he might be a stubborn geezer, but I don't recall him kicking people and purpling them because they looked funny at him, or deliberately acting to undermine his own faction.

Being west is suffering.

That's seriously cool in my book, tbh. It particularly amuses me how he seems to take younglings under his wing.
    damn xirt is still leading things?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast