+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: @Trion can you fix arenas?

@Trion can you fix arenas?

As it is now, only arena that's playable is 1v1's and even those can have horrible q times.
    I was waiting for an hour to get 3v3 to pop yesterday and it was during prime time.

I don't get at all why we still have the daily arena entrance limits. On top of that there's the ranking system (which isn't bad in itself) and those together with low server populations ensure that arena pvp is pretty much dead at this point.

You have two choices: make arena's cross-server or remove the daily limits and adjust the rewards (for example change honor rewards after you've done the 5 entries or something). Honestly, doing both would be best but i doubt we will get cross server.

This is from EU pov (mainly shatigon and kyprosa) and i dont know how it's on NA, but for us it's really bad. Overall activity on the servers is at an all time low and arena's would give you something to do when there's nothing else going on but now you can't even do them.

i always see these threads about arenas
    i always comment with

never forget those times when arena was great
    never forget when arena was a main part of the game
    never forget when arena 5v5 was the most funnest arena of them all
    never forget when arena was a place you could do when you finished your archeage stuffs
    never forget when arena had people playing it

(and the list goes on and on)

never forget *tear*

we should actually come up with an arena remembrance day
    where we have a moment silence to remember all the good times before they removed it from the game

Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    i always see these threads about arenas
    i always comment with

never forget those times when arena was great
    never forget when arena was a main part of the game
    never forget when arena 5v5 was the most funnest arena of them all
    never forget when arena was a place you could do when you finished your archeage stuffs
    never forget when arena had people playing it

(and the list goes on and on)

never forget *tear*

we should actually come up with an arena remembrance day
    where we have a moment silence to remember all the good times before they removed it from the game

Yeah never forget. I mean, if there was actually something happening and population for something to happen, i wouldn't bother that much with arenas, but there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rndm View Post
    As it is now, only arena that's playable is 1v1's and even those can have horrible q times.
    I was waiting for an hour to get 3v3 to pop yesterday and it was during prime time.

I don't get at all why we still have the daily arena entrance limits. On top of that there's the ranking system (which isn't bad in itself) and those together with low server populations ensure that arena pvp is pretty much dead at this point.

You have two choices: make arena's cross-server or remove the daily limits and adjust the rewards (for example change honor rewards after you've done the 5 entries or something). Honestly, doing both would be best but i doubt we will get cross server.

This is from EU pov (mainly shatigon and kyprosa) and i dont know how it's on NA, but for us it's really bad. Overall activity on the servers is at an all time low and arena's would give you something to do when there's nothing else going on but now you can't even do them.
    Don't forget the "I got a 3's pop, but ended up playing 1v3/2v3." Happened twice in a row last night; does the game differentiate between even teams or not for points/ranking loss? Nope. Feels bad.

Never got my arena wildfire title...

#bringback5v5

It's funny because all the changes just made the people who liked arenas quit. It's not like it made them want to play archeage, trion just ♥♥♥♥ on the main part of why a lot of people played the game.

Remove the limit and adjust the honor gains. Also, remove the stupid free CC break from balanced 1s. Then arenas would actually be good, competitive, and worth paying attention to.

<Tea Time for Kittens>

J A E S U

Hmm.. it's fine. Arenas are fine . There's nothing to fix. Arenas are working as intended by XLgames.
    It's fine.

The changes to arenas, basically meant archeage shooting itself in the foot.

My reason I joined that game was arenas. Archeages best advertisement was the Twitch Streamers constantly doing gladiators and 5v5 and challenging player to fight them in game. When they changed the arenas they hurt their ability to encourage new players to enter the game because their Streamers are not able to constantly fight. Now all you have are streamers doing the same dungeon multiple times a day, or farming... as a pvper farming bores me... watching someone farm doesn't make me want to pay for patreon.
    Hazzmatt - Class: Soothsayer <-- No Longer Dead Class
    <AA Conservation Society>

Quote Originally Posted by hazzmatt View Post

My reason I joined that game was arenas. Archeages best advertisement was the Twitch Streamers constantly doing gladiators and 5v5 and challenging player to fight them in game. When they changed the arenas they hurt their ability to encourage new players to enter the game because their Streamers are not able to constantly fight. Now all you have are streamers doing the same dungeon multiple times a day, or farming... as a pvper farming bores me... watching someone farm doesn't make me want to pay for patreon.
    yep^^^^^^^^^^^

<Tea Time for Kittens>

J A E S U

Quote Originally Posted by hazzmatt View Post

Yeah i totally forgot to mention that streaming part on my post. Probably the best advertisement for the game and they just got rid of it. No one streams archeage nowadays and it's thank to arena changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast