+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dominion in Mirage?

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    Why can't you TRINO people at least try to understand how things are abused in game. Dominions in their current form are only used as a way to steal packs and score easy kills to get 10+ before logging off.
    If anything is currently being abused it is people running packs in peace time and im not able to fight inflation.
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #22
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Why can't you TRINO people at least try to understand how things are abused in game. Dominions in their current form are only used as a way to steal packs...
    ...yes, that IS the point. That's intended.

I kinda have to disagree with this change

Not because I'm "carebear" or anything, but because having a place to AFK "safely" is incredibly convenient. Mirage was convenient simply because you can get to it from (almost) every zone in the game. Need to quickly AFK for a bio break? Need to go make dinner? Some one at the door? There's Mirage.

I realize people use it to run away like little chickens (am I allowed to say that?) but it's also part of strategy.

We don't want to keep a treat up 24/7. Not because we are lazy, but because we want the excitement of Dominion. Even though it's (almost) entirely used by troll/purpling guilds for the purposes of pack stealing.

Is Library safe to AFK? I assume Dungeons are, though people will have to burn their dungeon uses if they want to AFK. Having to burn hereafters to go to Library is also more than a little inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Hello everyone!

So the team has been working on a change to Mirage Isle for Dominions for a while now, and it seems the feature has gone live earlier than anticipated. Yes, this change to Mirage Isle is intended, and Dominions can now progress there as normal. This change was made in response to player feedback, and it's one of the reasons a respawn point was added to Mirage Isle a while back. (We know some eagle eyed people caught that.)

For those involved in Dominions, please be aware that Mirage Isle is no longer a safe zone and you can (and will) be killed while there. Outside of Dominions, normal safety rules still apply, so don't fret thinking that Mirage has become a PvP zone -- it has not.

If you're not a fan of Dominions and want to stay out of guild versus guild battles, make sure that your guild is either too low level for Dominions, or invest in peace treaties to block dominions.

Otherwise, we hope you guys enjoy the change, and sorry for the sudden heads up! We'll add it to the patch notes now.
    Now if only you couldn't stack peace treaties for days/weeks this would be fantastic \o/
    Savannalynn
    Trion Creator
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    ...yes, that IS the point. That's intended.
    How many players do you think this benefits? Only a small portion of people who already have paid to win or those that geared up in big guilds that could keep treaties up 24/7. It's only a tool for griefing the little guys. The problem with a lot of this stuff is that you don't truly take player input.

How many players do you think this benefits? Only a small portion of people who already have paid to win or those that geared up in big guilds that could keep treaties up 24/7. It's only a tool for griefing the little guys. The problem with a lot of this stuff is that you don't truly take player input.
    Here we go, the tears are out.

"Poor little guys, we do trade runs all day, but we wanna be in a level 3 guild"

This change does nothing to the little guys, since it should matter if you go in Mirage or not.

If you cant defend your packs, then you dont deserve them, if you dont want to die or get dominioned, dont be in a level 3 guild or put on a peace treaty.

I find this change to be very /facepalm. Of all the great, needed requests players have, this is what you focused some resources on? If folks want to avoid a dominion there are other, more commonly used methods than hiding in mirage. This change will have zero impact on the game, but required valuable resources to implement.

You could have fixed the dominion system to be actually useful, but instead we can now dominion in mirage.... basically an extra place we need to look.

I think this is an excellent change. If your guild collectively has no interest in dominions, you can always stay under level 3. If that doesn't suit you, then peace treaties are a perfectly fine option. At 80 prestige for 48 hour coverage, they are MORE than reasonable. One alt dragged along to a few guild missions and the DS packs will have you covered indefinitely. A few people doing it and you have peace for as far as the eye can see.

The ability to AFK in Mirage was convenient, yes, but I feel like this change was a necessary one. Even from a guild who took full advantage of the safety of Mirage, I'm happy to see that it no longer provides a hiding place from Dominions.
    Rickie
    <Lusty Seabugs>
    Pirates Green of Nazar, Bastards of Lucius. Returned for AA:U as a filthy casual on Runert.

Never Say Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinia View Post
    I kinda have to disagree with this change

Not because I'm "carebear" or anything, but because having a place to AFK "safely" is incredibly convenient. Mirage was convenient simply because you can get to it from (almost) every zone in the game. Need to quickly AFK for a bio break? Need to go make dinner? Some one at the door? There's Mirage.

I realize people use it to run away like little chickens (am I allowed to say that?) but it's also part of strategy.

We don't want to keep a treat up 24/7. Not because we are lazy, but because we want the excitement of Dominion. Even though it's (almost) entirely used by troll/purpling guilds for the purposes of pack stealing.

Is Library safe to AFK? I assume Dungeons are, though people will have to burn their dungeon uses if they want to AFK. Having to burn hereafters to go to Library is also more than a little inconvenient.
    Choosing "select character" is also convenient, available from everywhere in the game and allows you to AFK "safely".

Quote Originally Posted by Flandimon View Post
    Here we go, the tears are out.

"Poor little guys, we do trade runs all day, but we wanna be in a level 3 guild"

This change does nothing to the little guys, since it should matter if you go in Mirage or not.

If you cant defend your packs, then you dont deserve them, if you dont want to die or get dominioned, dont be in a level 3 guild or put on a peace treaty.
    You know i can keep peace treaty up 24/7, but it's sad seeing some poor guy that has been playing three weeks and joined a guild get dominioned on and lose all of his stuff. He joined the wrong guild maybe, or his guild was once big enough to defend itself but lost players. Many reasons exist. Whatever the reason, the guy loses his packs in a safe zone, gets discouraged, and leaves the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast