+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Event timers; Trion and Celestrata ignoring their OCE community

Quote Originally Posted by SlayersKnight View Post
    Can we please make kyrios the official please use another server for your experiment, server.
    We're making suggestions, that was a suggestion and only one of the two suggestions I've made; the same suggestion others have made before me. Go be sarcastic about their posts too Or else shut up and actually bring something constructive to the table to fix the issue.

Just move Halcy back to 12 hours block instead of the proposed 9.5 hours/14.5 hours block.

I have a feeling that's why Halcy is bugged anyways.

How about labeling an existing low pop server "oceanic"

Then implement event time on that server with oceanic time and allow all oceanic/SEA players free transfer in that server?

Quote Originally Posted by harutora View Post
    Then implement event time on that server with oceanic time and allow all oceanic/SEA players free transfer in that server?
    Took almost 2 years for EU to get a separate Event Schedule ... for XL Games to create another separate Event Schedule just for one Server could take another couple years (if they agreed to do so).
    All hail lord Anthalon, made in the image of our god Kyrios.

Starting to feel disappointed in trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Actually, this isn't entirely accurate. Events do influence many other aspects of the game, such as gold flowing into the economy, leadership gain, honor gain, and more. The gold is the most concerning, as that can influence the price of items in the game's economy as a whole.

The one thing you quickly learn about ArcheAge when working on it is everything in the game has an influence on something else -- usually multiple other systems.
    Simply don't add another Abyssal Attack. I know I didn't say it in that response, but in my previous ones about adding a 24 hr schedule, I said only 1 abyssal attack should stay, another one isn't healthy for the game. None of the other events make much of a difference though. And how is that honor gain going to affect anyone? If you've already did the dailies, tell me how they expect to do their dailies 2x? If anything, it lets the people that didn't do them, do them.

Regarding people going out repeatedly for war events, well, open world pvp honor is abysmal on NA/EU, at best they may get a few hundred from each event which is slower than doing an arena.

Regarding leadership, really? Is that even a concern? Do you expect people to stay up 24/7 to gain a tiny bit more leadership? If it provides anything, it would be positive since it lets OCE players gain leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by SECRET View Post
    Regarding people going out repeatedly for war events, well, open world pvp honor is abysmal on NA/EU, at best they may get a few hundred from each event which is slower than doing an arena.
    While I understand your point of "slower than doing an arena", lately though ... Arena 9 times out of 10 doesn't pop - just says "opponent could not be found / try again later".

They need to get rid of their MMR system.
    All hail lord Anthalon, made in the image of our god Kyrios.

Blusterfeld Marianople, Kyrios, West Faction
    Okay.

We have had the new schedule and skill queue for a week and here is my input;

1. Skill queue does not work equally for all players. This is not sustainable for the effected players and we do not need another three weeks of ¨testing¨ to know it is broken.

2. Event timer does not work for the OCE community. Guess what....? It does not work well for the NA community either. All the events are bunched up and it these changes have taken even more away from the ¨sandbox¨ elements of the game.

Trion are even more detached from their player base than I thought.
    @TRION
    FIX GREY SCREEN
    FIX BLACK SCREEN
    FIX LAG
    BE TRANSPARENT WITH YOUR PLAYER BASE
    COMMUNICATE

FIX SKILL QUEUE

To finish first, you must first finish.
    "Rick Mears"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Okay.

We have had the new schedule and skill queue for a week and here is my input;

1. Skill queue does not work equally for all players. This is not sustainable for the effected players and we do not need another three weeks of ¨testing¨ to know it is broken.

2. Event timer does not work for the OCE community. Guess what....? It does not work well for the NA community either. All the events are bunched up and it these changes have taken even more away from the ¨sandbox¨ elements of the game.

Trion are even more detached from their player base than I thought.
    As long as there is such a thing as travel time of electrons dictated by distance between relative geographical locations: there will never be a system that works equally for all players. In fact: there is absolutely no such thing as true equality for anything, anywhere, at any time in the universe unless you're comparing self to self at exact same moments in space-time.

The current events work amazingly well for the NA community. We can finally, actually, do most of them. Subjectivity is clouding your judgement.

I agree with minka above in part as a dynamic system with floating event times would be fair for everyone. I think it would cause more people to miss events but would allow everyone at least a chance. I'm not sure how the game is coded or what kind of nightmare it would be to do things like display event times as they might be hard coded.

On a positive note for those in off times....You have many advantages over the rest of the player base in that you have quite a bit more flexibility in when and where you can go. Try moving packs during prime time...doesn't work nearly as well as when I do it at 4am. This might seem trivial but the ability to move packs whenever you want outweighs any MM or Halcy you might be missing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast