+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Positive thinking redirection

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstormz View Post
    First i would like to point out what i do really love about this game so far.
    *Events
    *Dungeons
    *Quest story lines are amazing and rewarding.
    *Some aspects of pvp
    *some aspects of crafting
    yes, those are some of the things I miss, unfortunately they are not enough to balance what is bad in this game
    In theory, theory and practice are the same.
    In practice, they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    you can be positive about a positive game
    negative about a negative game

but you cant be positive about a negative game
    ever do maths at school?
    ArcheAge NA edition in a nutshell
    Lamini
    [strike]Lucius[/strike] Nazar (NA)
    <Hardcore Casual>

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstormz View Post
    i have been reading so much negativity about this game on steam and through out the gaming community, mostly about Trion siphoning as much funds as possible before games suffocate and die.

but id like to think more positivly this game has alot of really good things about it that just need tweaking.
    First i would like to point out what i do really love about this game so far.
    *Events
    *Dungeons
    *Quest story lines are amazing and rewarding.
    *Some aspects of pvp
    *some aspects of crafting

somethings that really need to be looked at to help draw new people in and bring back old players.

1. balancing the cost of crafting gear so new players can afford it.
    2. increase harvest yields for farming, maybe have it ranked by tier farm. (this will also help with crafting)
    3. New costumes, lets face it there are very few that look decent, most are not very appealing at all.
    4. Character Customization, this could use a serious UPgrade, wouldn't it be great to make an black skined orc, or green troll or a darkelf or nightelf if your a wow fan. . Just implement the adjustments here instead of trying to create new races.
    5. Free Range Farming and Rural farms /pay for convenience. this needs a MAJOR revamp this is one of the biggest game killers for so many people.
    *Remove Current Farm building locations, make it free ranged, with restrictions on spawn areas.
    *Build districts on the map closer to towns cities ect are taxed more than ones way off on an empty hill top.
    *Another thing is the farm/house sizes. Houses should have some sort of farmland with it besides 1x1 or 1x2 area around it. let people build based on how many 16x16 property dieds they buy, then make it cap to the size of a castle or jsut make it where you can only have a 32x32 you can build what you want on (but that is going to be expensive).

6.PVP- okay the pvp in this game is pretty damn good imo i like the way its setup tbh. i do feel however that something can be done with lvl55 5k's sniping down a lvl 35 trying to turn in a quest that sends a newb to his death. maybe have a piece banner available to certain lvls that cannot be attacked while doing a quest turn in.
    7. Class vs gear- Itemization is the most difficult thing to achieve with muliti classing and some of the gear doesn't fit alot of the combinations, instead of prestat gear let the player put the stats they want with runes that don't socket just add stats then every time the gear lvls you put the stats in where you want them. I think itemizing gear was a bad trend that has plagued the gameing community for a long time. you could still use regrade to upgrade the gears Tier which would just provide better stats at a particular lvl and up. lunastones are pretty much junk really but are viable with this current horrible setup.

I know many people have posted many times on things that need to be worked on and feels trion won't listen but maybe just maybe someone might just listen once.
    I would like to give my own opinion on points you made, then I will explain...

1. I agree.
    For now the easiest way is either participate on Ocleera rift, or farm Serpentis dungeon, or to get Auroria item drops, while proceeding regrade up to Celestial.

This cant be done overnight, but also it should not.

In any case, its unrealistic to expect that you can get top tiers withing a week or a month. But I can tell you that getting to higher tiers is harder and harder with level of your gear.

2. Ranked farm is a good idea and that system is partially here
    You can build normal farm and then upgrade it.

3. TBH i prefer Ayanad cloth, or cloth appearence over any kind of costume.

4. I believe its good as it is.

5. Can be done if you cooperate with other player.
    You can pay him, become a part of his guild/family and use a farm which he allows you to use.

6. The game contain few balance flaws in regards of PVP.

7. Actually I dont see that a problem.
    If you want to switch classes, you either can use some hybrid gear (lers say popular obsidian katanas) or choose between similar classes, or have more pieces of equipment.

Steam rankings are actually pretty useless when you try to describe the game. its decent MMORPG sandbox, with daily events, dungeons which are not too long (and people are not locked out from interacting).

After a week of free playing I was pretty sure that game has really interesting PVE, quests, lore and backstory - even when its not as omnipresent as in Skyrim for example... But mostly I liked that sandbox part which is mostly simliar to Ultima online. Whoever compared this game to Rift, or Lineage or even Wow is simply taking wrong point of view.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

As someone who played+bought founder and played with hundreds of others, I can 100% tell you that none of those reasons are why we don't come back. Most of us left because of the way Trion handled overcrowding and their marketplace, and how we had literally nothing to do at 50 due to the overcrowding of Hasla and other farming locations, it was basically sitting around for a month to try to get anything. We've learned, though. never buying founder for a Trion game again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePresidential View Post
    As someone who played+bought founder and played with hundreds of others, I can 100% tell you that none of those reasons are why we don't come back. Most of us left because of the way Trion handled overcrowding and their marketplace, and how we had literally nothing to do at 50 due to the overcrowding of Hasla and other farming locations, it was basically sitting around for a month to try to get anything. We've learned, though. never buying founder for a Trion game again.
    I started to play 3 weeks after new servers were up on Nebe.

EU has always lower population, while first wave of "queues" was already gone. Yes I have seen people farming T1 Hasla weapons at that time, T2 and T3 were not available yet. But people were also very active in GHA dungeon raids, and on Crimson Rifts in order to get other parts of gear (aside from weapon), while others were trying commerce in attempt to get more gold and purchase the expensive crafted gear.

If you say "i had nothing to do on level 50" while saying at the same time "overcrowding" sounds like an oxymoron to me.

It basically states "everyone was active, maybe overactive, but not me".
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePresidential View Post
    weird... never heard of people quitting because of Hasla... but then thats probablyb ecause those i played with either ignored it or powered through it.

I think Auroria launch debacle had more to do with that than anything.

But then the way hasla etc is/was wasn't really Trions fault either. Thats all XL baby , Also it was quite easy to decipher what was going to be on the marketplace from the get go just by looking at what was on the KR marketplace, not saying its great mind you but knowledge was there.

I would say it's a little bit of everything that made it seem so unfair/♥♥♥♥ty at times. As of recent, the legacy tickets(Soulforged gears) made the vet players question themselves "Is this a game that forces me to have alts to benefit from welfare?"(20 accounts eligible would mean 20 gems worth 2.5k-3k each) or "Will they be doing this in the future again and giving out mistsong gears at celestial?"(Kind of negating the effort that current players have put in).
    The conclusion that I have came up with for #1 was that since 3.0 will have a scaling of 1.8x for pdef/mdef, they decided to give it out .
    #2 was sort of an experiment to see if players would really return to game if they have a catchup gear.

Imo, every event or giveaways should be explained to the community and assure us if this is the path we are heading down to. Assuring us of the decisions you are going to make/made would really work out well for players and trion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurafton View Post
    I would say it's a little bit of everything that made it seem so unfair/♥♥♥♥ty at times. As of recent, the legacy tickets(Soulforged gears) made the vet players question themselves "Is this a game that forces me to have alts to benefit from welfare?"(20 accounts eligible would mean 20 gems worth 2.5k-3k each) or "Will they be doing this in the future again and giving out mistsong gears at celestial?"(Kind of negating the effort that current players have put in).
    The conclusion that I have came up with for #1 was that since 3.0 will have a scaling of 1.8x for pdef/mdef, they decided to give it out .
    #2 was sort of an experiment to see if players would really return to game if they have a catchup gear.

Imo, every event or giveaways should be explained to the community and assure us if this is the path we are heading down to. Assuring us of the decisions you are going to make/made would really work out well for players and trion imo.
    Wow, because 4k gs can totally compete with 5.5-6k gs veterans. Also, the gems are bound, so if your gear is bound, then RIP.
    Of course they will be doing it in the future again. It's a way to catch up to people. Sure, I don't agree with putting the honor belt/sleeves in the chest, and that's probably the thing that got me the most, but it's still BOUND gear and BOUND refined gems (that can btw break). The pdef/mdef scaling is actually a positive change, very well explained in the discussion thread.

From my experience and anecdotal evidence, most people that left this game left because:

land grab bots got all available land
    regrading is a complete money pit and near total waste of your hard earned gear unless you are REALLLY lucky, for the rest of us it stinks
    destroying archery as something you can be viable in without having top tier gear or having top tier playing ability and a great ping
    crafting RNG and crafting in general not making anything useful unless you are going for delph + which has a ~1::125 chance of happening

imho I think these pain points are way worse than there only being like 20 kinds of costumes and 100's of kinda of armor to dress up in, or getting ganked when you're lvl 35. fix those first, um like 2 years ago, cause frankly the ship has already left the dock.

to be positive, I still love this game. and to help me not hate this game, I only buy certed land with saved gold. I only buy regraded gear, (except sails cause for whatever reason, it's cheaper to regrade these yourself), I don't love archery enough to hate this game for destroying it, and to not get ganked at lvl 35 I run shadowplay and/or get a higher level guildie to body guard

see? HAPPY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kraken East - Moleman - Enigmatist-Paladin-Skullknight-Hex Warden-Abolisher-Argent-Bloodreaver-Hexblade... and still going

Kraken East - Rakshashi - Abolisher - Paladin - Bastion

JOIN CARNAGE, EAT POTATOES!!! rAWr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "...it should be RRNG... the R's stand for 'Russian Roulette'..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2