+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Just want to leave this here so ppl know what this game is about :)

Quote Originally Posted by Miowen View Post
    True, depends on what you prefer - i have 5 acc with the 8 slot hauler, yet i get tired of packs after 5 runs or so. Car for big coin isnīt even better. Overseas, yeah like to be hunted but itīs a short thrill the gets exhausted fast.

Problem is - the game has literally no content aside from gearing up.
    I only do 5 patron accounts, all with Freighters (so only do like one or two 45 larder runs each week).
    All hail lord Anthalon, made in the image of our god Kyrios.

Quote Originally Posted by Miowen View Post
    Problem is - the game has literally no content aside from gearing up.
    The game has content and potentially could have had a great deal of depth but...

Look at what happened to Lineage 2... the game had many problems, like bots and bug abuses but in the end what killed it was the f2p and all those ♥♥♥♥ that comes with it!

Mmo's are meant to be sub-only, that's the only way both the community and the company can be happy.

F2p business plan is destroying any chance for this game to unearth it's potential content.

F2p means that you can only get gear through "marketplace" or by spamming multiple accounts that require "APEX" to generate revenue for the players.

If this game was sub-only with a purely vanity-item marketplace you would see alot more content related updates than the strictly "oh let's hide behind RNG" ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that they keep feeding us so we can strive endlessly towards a hypothetical endgame.

Sub-only leads to a lot more ppl doing social stuff than in f2p scenarios.

F2p leads to a Robinson Crusoe economy which is flawed in so many ways... look at the real world

This game is forcing ppl to work SEPARATELY in order to accomplish hypothetical goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    The game has content and potentially could have had a great deal of depth but...

Look at what happened to Lineage 2... the game had many problems, like bots and bug abuses but in the end what killed it was the f2p and all those ♥♥♥♥ that comes with it!

Mmo's are meant to be sub-only, that's the only way both the community and the company can be happy.

F2p business plan is destroying any chance for this game to unearth it's potential content.

F2p means that you can only get gear through "marketplace" or by spamming multiple accounts that require "APEX" to generate revenue for the players.

If this game was sub-only with a purely vanity-item marketplace you would see alot more content related updates than the strictly "oh let's hide behind RNG" ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that they keep feeding us so we can strive endlessly towards a hypothetical endgame.

Sub-only leads to a lot more ppl doing social stuff than in f2p scenarios.

F2p leads to a Robinson Crusoe economy which is flawed in so many ways... look at the real world

This game is forcing ppl to work SEPARATELY in order to accomplish hypothetical goals.
    That's debatable.

The game forces people that are used to today's MMOs holding their hands and being able to go through a majority, if not all, of the game's available content by themselves to manage multiple accounts in order to accomplish whatever goals they have for the game. For others the game has people seek out like-minded players and work together to accomplish their goals.

MMOs benefit from being accessible, and the Free-to-Play model is the most accessible model available (next to a "pay-what-you-want" donation kind of thing). We've seen the model used in different ways and how it's affected players' reception to not just the game but the model as a whole, it's just easier to use the model the wrong way. They aren't meant to be (nor benefit from being) restricted to a single model type.

If Free-to-Play means you can only get gear through the marketplace, please point out what equipment players buy in there and what equipment isn't available through simply playing the game. It also doesn't mean that players have to make use of multiple accounts to make gold, you can easily make the gold you need with a single account.

If the game was sub-only and a cosmetic-only marketplace you'd see just as much rotation of marketplace items and sales as you do now, with no real change to the release cycles of content. Remember, the game is based in South Korea. Any and every new piece of content comes out of there first, then translated and distributed to other regions. Throwing more money at them isn't going to make them create content for KR any faster. What are you even defining as content anyway, considering a lot of people consider end-game PvP or the current "end game" (which I still find silly since an MMO is a perpetual thing). It also doesn't change their use of RNG.

Sub-only games promote as much social interaction as talking to a person that's actively ignoring your existence. If people aren't going to be social they aren't going to be social, regardless of the game's business model.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

There are a lot of people who don't care about getting BiS armors. Any MMO can offer me the typical level, exp, and gear grind experience, but Archeage is the only MMO I know of that lets me grow materials for crafting, decorate my own home and run trade routes (sometimes through terribly dangerous pirate infested waters) for extra money. Normally MMOs have me kill monsters for money and that is the only way.

I've leveled up mostly from farming and not fighting. Pretty fun that an MMO lets me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    That's debatable.
    It truly is. And youīre bringing up some good points.

Personally i think F2P is the worst that happens to most games. Hell even BDO now has basically a subscription. Itīs optional, but if youīre serious youīd take it.

What i think is pure company greed is when you commit to a company (monthly/quarter/year payments) and they then are so brazen to still give you half the game (like char slots, inventory slots) and you have to pay extra.

There are a few companies that at least get the decency part right, where you get a set amount of credits every month for a subscription.

Sadly Trion is not one of those.

You could argue that loyality transfers into credits because you can (partly) buy an apex from it, but imho that doesnīt cut it, especially because others have to pay ADDITIONAL money so you can get those credits.

Thatīs one thing F2P players often forget - nothing is for free. Somebody has to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    First of all, I am 100% f2p

I own 18 accounts ( 2 stipends each ) and 4 of them are patrons

So, This month's crafting was like this:

~500k labor used in total for reforging, material crafting, weapon/armor/accessories

~50k gold used for buying materials, starter wisps etc

Result : 1 ayanad meadow necklace, zero ayanad weapons , zero delph/ayanad shirts

Am I pissed? slightly...
    Am I sad? abit...
    Am I quiting? nah...

I make 30-70k gold/month depending on my real life schedule... Not the best gold but it's surely alot more than what the average player out there can make.

So what worries me is this: How on earth the random casual guy out there is going to keep playing the game?

PS: It's not a /cry thread, it is an awareness thread

PS2: Share your "success" stories so we can all make fun of each-other (constructively always)

its all good to know .. i have just 1 acc ... ( atm im in soulforged gear ) ( playing sence CB ) ... broke 5 divine weapons + 3-4 armors ... i make cc 900 g a month ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    The game is a train wreck of epic proportions.

I sort of agree with OP. Here's my take on how trion is going about with rng. They are lowering the chances for success while giving us "more items" from events to make it seem like they care about the community and want them to prosper but ehh.. From someone who has regraded more than 3000 times and burnt more than 5m labor for crafting , I can tell you its kinda unfair to the ones who stick by the 1-account rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaris View Post
    That "mountain" of goals is half the fun imo.
    I believe what he was articulating was the "mountain" as The Grind Blockage . . . . between the player and intended goals.

The Grind is never a goal. It's a dynamic, an artifact, placed in a game requiring a player mash through it on the way to goals. I suppose the intent here is that's how you "earn" things.

The trick here is that just because an artifact or dynamic exists doesn't automatically mean it's calibrated properly.

Another way to look at it anyway. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kurafton View Post
    I sort of agree with OP. Here's my take on how trion is going about with rng. They are lowering the chances for success while giving us "more items" from events to make it seem like they care about the community and want them to prosper but ehh.. From someone who has regraded more than 3000 times and burnt more than 5m labor for crafting , I can tell you its kinda unfair to the ones who stick by the 1-account rule.
    If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3