+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion posted this"Prepare for a Rush"but thy didn't give a date(?)+how to craft Purification Archeum pack from Faded P.Monolith at DS-Ezi L.

Quote Originally Posted by Depingah View Post
    The post made isn't entirely that clear cut, it was a brief forum blurb. ...and already on the Livestream, Trion indicated (not this last one, but the one before that when they announced the Sungold/Exeloch castles) that they hadn't the slightest clue as to how it would work (Player Nation-only; or up for grabs to East/West also).

Also, going on past actions, we're assuming that any packs held on backs will be treated like they were before - removed from the player and the mats having been mailed to them.

However, this time around, there's a new wrinkle involved (assuming Trion does treat this like last time and removes the packs) - being silos. Can they go in silos? Is Trion going to be thorough enough to also check for the existence of these packs there as well?

Then let's assume everything gets taken away and mailed back to the players... (including silos) this would put everyone on a level playing field to cap it on Sunday once the workbenches are up and create PVP opportunities Sunday instead of on a Wednesday morning when most NA EST/PST folks should be at work (or school/class).

As I interpret their post, castles will be capped on Sunday - not Wednesday, and therefore if anything is capped on Wednesday, it wouldn't be as intended.

In a nut shell: I don't trust Trion to do anything completely right or well-explained. They left this open to interpretation and had it relayed by a dude named "Ocho" - I don't even know who Eight is.
    Morpheus was a unique beast with its packs as it was planned. Do not expect the same treatment.

Secondly, this info on how this is done has been widely available for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekt View Post
    Morpheus was a unique beast with its packs as it was planned. Do not expect the same treatment.

Secondly, this info on how this is done has been widely available for quite some time.
    We're also assuming that people frequent the forum posts. Let's be honest, activity on here has seriously dwindled ever since they forced all of us to type with kiddie gloves on. It's a struggle to find new/active reads on here, so I wouldn't fault anyone for completely ditching the forums. Also, no clarity (if we can call it that) was given on the details of the situation until 3 days ago when Ocho made his post.

If these packs crafted on Sunday, intended for something that doesn't even exist yet, are going to be usable on Wednesday - then Trion should have done their due diligence and had GM's broadcast something once the Monoliths came up on Sunday.

Also, it would be gee golly swell if Khrolan, Amary or Celestrata would respond to this post to clear up just how exactly this is going to play out.

There's a potential for significant PVP, particularly on the servers that are starved for it, and it would be a damn shame if someone used a sick day hoping for a rowdy good time only to find that there's not squat to do.

(Yes, part of this is me selfishly hoping that nothing happens Wednesday because I can't call in sick this week, so I want it to be Sunday when I can actually be around for it.)

The post made isn't entirely that clear cut, it was a brief forum blurb. ...and already on the Livestream, Trion indicated (not this last one, but the one before that when they announced the Sungold/Exeloch castles) that they hadn't the slightest clue as to how it would work (Player Nation-only; or up for grabs to East/West also).

Also, going on past actions, we're assuming that any packs held on backs will be treated like they were before - removed from the player and the mats having been mailed to them.

However, this time around, there's a new wrinkle involved (assuming Trion does treat this like last time and removes the packs) - being silos. Can they go in silos? Is Trion going to be thorough enough to also check for the existence of these packs there as well?

Then let's assume everything gets taken away and mailed back to the players... (including silos) this would put everyone on a level playing field to cap it on Sunday once the workbenches are up and create PVP opportunities Sunday instead of on a Wednesday morning when most NA EST/PST folks should be at work (or school/class).

As I interpret their post, castles will be capped on Sunday - not Wednesday, and therefore if anything is capped on Wednesday, it wouldn't be as intended.

In a nut shell: I don't trust Trion to do anything completely right or well-explained. They left this open to interpretation and had it relayed by a dude named "Ocho" - I don't even know who Eight is.
    your telling me my alt with a loadstone pack is going to be able to claim a castle on kyrios cuz you guys didn't want to gamble 5k ?

#goingsoft
    <DISASTER>
    Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by SirPurple View Post
    your telling me my alt with a loadstone pack is going to be able to claim a castle on kyrios cuz you guys didn't want to gamble 5k ?

#goingsoft
    ^^
    GM of |||||||

Quote Originally Posted by SirPurple View Post

#goingsoft
    The packs crafted, that I saw, were done by Disciprine (Not Today), some other East guild simultaneously, and then when the West bench became available some 30 minutes - an hour later, Dagnab (likely a Demonbane alt) crafted it.

I'm not particularly interested in seeing Demonbane pick up two uncontested castles without an actual siege.

I'm hoping there's a 5-minute channel or something on this ♥♥♥♥... and that other people are going to log out at these zones to mess with the channels. To hell with DGS on reset, this sounds like it *could* be more fun.

Personally, I suggested that we also consider crafting the pack on Sunday - that didn't quite happen. Only a handful of people were over 1K Prestige at the time and basically... things didn't happen fast enough to guarantee a pack was crafting prior to the despawn at 1 AM EST.

That being said...

It's a pack. Packs can, and will, be dropped.

I just wanted to be around (on Sunday) to assist in making sure these packs dropped.

They did say areas could get claimed on Wednesday though hence the housing rush they are expecting. We will see.... This will be a "we dont know anything and we will see how it works out". Inb4 "Player Nation required" red message pops up lol .
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    They did say areas could get claimed on Wednesday though hence the housing rush they are expecting. We will see.... This will be a "we dont know anything and we will see how it works out". Inb4 "Player Nation required" red message pops up lol .
    Personally I was hoping only player nations could claim, but it will be interesting to see who gets the new castles all the same. Just hope who ever has the Exoloch one actually uses it. Like to be able to work there.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    Where did they say this though? On a Livestream? Because I tend to not watch those - and the last one I did see that mentioned it was basically Khrolan acknowledging he hadn't the slightest clue as to the rules involved "but, hey (moar) CASTLES!" [rejoice underpopulated servers]

Where did they say this though? On a Livestream? Because I tend to not watch those - and the last one I did see that mentioned it was basically Khrolan acknowledging he hadn't the slightest clue as to the rules involved "but, hey (moar) CASTLES!" [rejoice underpopulated servers]
    Friday's livestream he said that having a player nation would not be a requirement for claiming the two new areas.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

The packs crafted, that I saw, were done by Disciprine (Not Today), some other East guild simultaneously, and then when the West bench became available some 30 minutes - an hour later, Dagnab (likely a Demonbane alt) crafted it.

I'm not particularly interested in seeing Demonbane pick up two uncontested castles without an actual siege.

I'm hoping there's a 5-minute channel or something on this ♥♥♥♥... and that other people are going to log out at these zones to mess with the channels. To hell with DGS on reset, this sounds like it *could* be more fun.

Personally, I suggested that we also consider crafting the pack on Sunday - that didn't quite happen. Only a handful of people were over 1K Prestige at the time and basically... things didn't happen fast enough to guarantee a pack was crafting prior to the despawn at 1 AM EST.

That being said...

It's a pack. Packs can, and will, be dropped.

I just wanted to be around (on Sunday) to assist in making sure these packs dropped.
    So someone else loaded the DS benchs and did the expensive part and you guys couldn't find someone with 1000 prestige or anyone with enough gold to buy it in hammers within the 2 hours that the benches were available ?

Looks like you guys are ready for patch day
    <DISASTER>
    Sauron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast