+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion posted this"Prepare for a Rush"but thy didn't give a date(?)+how to craft Purification Archeum pack from Faded P.Monolith at DS-Ezi L.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPurple View Post
    So someone else loaded the DS benchs and did the expensive part and you guys couldn't find someone with 1000 prestige or anyone with enough gold to buy it in hammers within the 6 hours that the benches were available ?

Looks like you guys are ready for patch day
    corrected that for you- 2 hours of war, and 4 hours of peace.

How hard would it have been to note that existing purified archeum packs were going to be deconstructed either in the announcement itself or a forum post prior to last Sunday?

Words cannot express my rage at this situation. Not because of the situation itself, but how often stuff like this happens. I've tolerated it for far too long. It's simply not acceptable for a company to treat its customers like this.

We deserve better.
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <X I> - Wynn (East)
    Coraxxas - Primeval - <Ghost> - Kadum (HAUNTED)
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <Emeritus> - Kadum (East)/Nui (East)

You've never had one question, so comfortable living life so certain.
    Let me tell you about this then, no one really knows the truth. No, not you.

Follow me on Twitch and Twitter

Whiners win again. Woohoo for salty tears to quenchanting my thirst, oh...they stopped crying? Trino gave them what they wanted? Again?

Lessons learned: enough crying and companies buckle, but evolving past and making smart choices is punished. Rip emergent gameplay, welcome to handholding people who don't understand simple mechanics and processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekt View Post
    Whiners win again. Woohoo for salty tears to quenchanting my thirst, oh...they stopped crying? Trino gave them what they wanted? Again?

Lessons learned: enough crying and companies buckle, but evolving past and making smart choices is punished. Rip emergent gameplay, welcome to handholding people who don't understand simple mechanics and processes.
    Looks to me like you're the one whining... yet again.

As I stated numerous times in this thread, the last time this was pushed out, the packs were taken back...

So while you guys cry foul and state that the information is all there and blah, blah, blah...

I countered with, "well, this is what happened in the past and it stands to reason that it will happen again".

Jumped the gun and got burned and now you're whining.

That being said...

Yes, Trion has once again dropped the ball. Surprise, surprise? This "Ocho" fella should have had his press release screened by intelligent people who could have posed the various questions necessary to satisfy all questions. Alas, this is what happens when you push out an important content update when your staff is apparently not around to address the various matters associated with it. If your crew was tied up with the conventions and travel, perhaps you should have reconsidered when this update would be released?

Additionally, there is still one more question on the table...

The siege cycle was this past week, so owners of castles that changed hands this weekend will have an additional week to prepare for the next siege whereas those who claim Sungold and Exeloch are going to have one less? Or are they going to be on their own siege cycle going forward?

Wouldn't it have been fair to time this appropriately so that all of the castles had the same time to prepare for a siege?

Lastly, if the NA/EU timers are indeed now crafted to where they can be shifted based on the needs of the player base... Khrolan, Celestrata, Amary, Sockpuppet, & Ginger (along with whomever else works for y'all)... instead of screwing over a large number of the folks that enjoy your game, why don't you admit you botched the adjustment to the siege times? You put it later in the day on a Sunday (NA) when it should have been earlier. Oceanics should be able to partake in this stuff, especially when some guilds are primarily Oceanic. As someone suggested above, a Sunday morning siege for them would be chill, or even a Sunday evening one - but... in the middle of the farkin' morning on a Monday? Das dum, joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Depingah View Post
    Looks to me like you're the one whining... yet again.

As I stated numerous times in this thread, the last time this was pushed out, the packs were taken back...

So while you guys cry foul and state that the information is all there and blah, blah, blah...

I countered with, "well, this is what happened in the past and it stands to reason that it will happen again".

Jumped the gun and got burned and now you're whining.

That being said...

Yes, Trion has once again dropped the ball. Surprise, surprise? This "Ocho" fella should have had his press release screened by intelligent people who could have posed the various questions necessary to satisfy all questions. Alas, this is what happens when you push out an important content update when your staff is apparently not around to address the various matters associated with it. If your crew was tied up with the conventions and travel, perhaps you should have reconsidered when this update would be released?

Additionally, there is still one more question on the table...

The siege cycle was this past week, so owners of castles that changed hands this weekend will have an additional week to prepare for the next siege whereas those who claim Sungold and Exeloch are going to have one less? Or are they going to be on their own siege cycle going forward?

Wouldn't it have been fair to time this appropriately so that all of the castles had the same time to prepare for a siege?

Lastly, if the NA/EU timers are indeed now crafted to where they can be shifted based on the needs of the player base... Khrolan, Celestrata, Amary, Sockpuppet, & Ginger (along with whomever else works for y'all)... instead of screwing over a large number of the folks that enjoy your game, why don't you admit you botched the adjustment to the siege times? You put it later in the day on a Sunday (NA) when it should have been earlier. Oceanics should be able to partake in this stuff, especially when some guilds are primarily Oceanic. As someone suggested above, a Sunday morning siege for them would be chill, or even a Sunday evening one - but... in the middle of the farkin' morning on a Monday? Das dum, joe.
    This happened on 1 server. One. Uno. Ichi. (Per region)

Secondly, sorry we prepared for it. Sorry you didnt. If the decision was made to favor those who prepared, you'd be pissed. Either way, I want the hr of my life back when we had to craft the pack or I should be compensated right? :^)

This happened on 1 server. One. Uno. Ichi.

Secondly, sorry we prepared for it. Sorry you didnt. If the decision was made to favor those who prepared, you'd be pissed. Either way, I want the hr of my life back when we had to craft the pack or I should be compensated right? :^)
    I would not have been pissed, had the announcement not been made yesterday afternoon/evening, those of us that were able to be home at reset would have made every effort to steal one of the 3 pre-crafted packs - in fact, lots of people were looking forward to the opportunity for an unexpected influx of potential PVP.

My thoughts would have been: It is what it is, another poorly handled situation.

That being said, my thoughts are: It is what it is, another poorly handled situation.

While there's no way for you, or anyone, to be given time back... yes, I absolutely feel that everyone who crafted a Rising Star pack be reimbursed those materials as well as the Purifying pack materials. I understand it wasn't cheap, nor was the labor involved, and those two things would not have been invested at that time had everyone been given the appropriate information or more thought was put into Trion's press release.

Khrolan acknowledged that he withheld comment on the matter until yesterday, but he also didn't necessarily assign blame or the reasoning for the late notice. Personally, I'm a big fan of taking ownership for your mistakes. I despise when someone, or some entity, can not acknowledge that they were in the wrong.

Mats + labor pots equivalent to what was used to craft the stuff on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Depingah View Post
    I would not have been pissed, had the announcement not been made yesterday afternoon/evening, those of us that were able to be home at reset would have made every effort to steal one of the 3 pre-crafted packs - in fact, lots of people were looking forward to the opportunity for an unexpected influx of potential PVP.

My thoughts would have been: It is what it is, another poorly handled situation.

That being said, my thoughts are: It is what it is, another poorly handled situation.

While there's no way for you, or anyone, to be given time back... yes, I absolutely feel that everyone who crafted a Rising Star pack be reimbursed those materials as well as the Purifying pack materials. I understand it wasn't cheap, nor was the labor involved, and those two things would not have been invested at that time had everyone been given the appropriate information or more thought was put into Trion's press release.

Khrolan acknowledged that he withheld comment on the matter until yesterday, but he also didn't necessarily assign blame or the reasoning for the late notice. Personally, I'm a big fan of taking ownership for your mistakes. I despise when someone, or some entity, can not acknowledge that they were in the wrong.

Mats + labor pots equivalent to what was used to craft the stuff on Sunday.
    Yeah, I'm still unhappy with it even if compensated those things.

My opinion is that the valid planning on others didn't happen because people didn't watch the stream or understand the mechanics to crafting. This isn't trino's fault, the fault lies with the player who FAILED to research the process.

Either way, I know I won't get my time, effort or really anything out of it and to be frank, neither should any guild who wasn't prepped. You failed at planning, it's that simple. Now instead I've got Atleast another 1hr of traveling with a few packs.

Sure, I'll enjoy the pvp.
    Sure, I will prevent guilds from capping them, but that doesn't change these facts. Not being prepared = one week cry-a-thon to get your way.

Yeah, I'm still unhappy with it even if compensated those things.

My opinion is that the valid planning on others didn't happen because people didn't watch the stream or understand the mechanics to crafting. This isn't trino's fault, the fault lies with the player who FAILED to research the process.

Either way, I know I won't get my time, effort or really anything out of it and to be frank, neither should any guild who wasn't prepped. You failed at planning, it's that simple. Now instead I've got Atleast another 1hr of traveling with a few packs.

Sure, I'll enjoy the pvp.
    Sure, I will prevent guilds from capping them, but that doesn't change these facts. Not being prepared = one week cry-a-thon to get your way.
    You're assuming that the decision made is due to the "outrage". Considering that Khrolan withheld comment for awhile and did not properly express himself completely, it's very likely that this was always intended as the outcome.

You're using a few people commenting about the packs as your justification to assume that their cries are the reason that packs are being removed.

I'm using this same thing occurring once before as the justification for assuming it would be done once again.

This can "easily" be settled by Khrolan chiming in with a little dialogue.

"Hey guys, sorry. This was on us. We should have mentioned that you should not do anything pertaining to this as we intended for the actual "rush" to take place on Sunday in it's entirety. We always intended to remove any pre-crafted packs had any been made despite our forewarning."

...or...

"Hey guys, sorry. This was on us, we didn't properly express things and there was confusion as to what exactly would be valid planning in advance of this - as such, we're removing the packs and mailing you back your materials used in the Purifying Pack."

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #69
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    So let's talk packs.

I think many of you can figure out why the packs were removed. The simple fact of the matter is that we want to give everyone the best possible chance to claim one of these two new castles. Packs were deconstructed because it's fair and no longer tied to "the first person to log in gets the big prize." Had we not deconstructed the packs, that's what this castle claim period would have turned into, especially as some of you were camped outside the archeum lodestone with a pack.

Now, if you had a pack on your back, it was fully deconstructed and you got the mats back. You didn't lose anything except a small amount of labor, which will be easily regenerated by the time we get to Sunday. You'll be able to re-craft your pack and participate with everyone else in the rush towards Exeloch and Sungold. You absolutely are not out for the count, and you have not technically been set back at all. You are now at the same place as everyone else on your server.

Now, let's talk about why link the claim to the appearance of the appropriate workbench on Sunday. Well, first of all, we did this same process the last time we opened up castles during Update 2.0. All evolution servers and fresh start servers had the same rules. Furthermore, it also puts the rush on the weekend, rather than the weekday when the majority of players are working. Finally, it also puts the rush at a time while the game is still online. It removes the rush from the servers coming back online, allowing guilds to contest one another while they move towards the lodestone. Again, much more fair for everyone involved.

I hope that better explains why all of this happened the way it did. I'd also say now for everyone involved that this process will happen again in the future when we open new fresh start servers (castles will be locked behind Diamond Shores faction bases and weekend timing) or if more castles are added to the game for some reason. (No plans to do so now, but never say never and all of that.)

As to the announcement itself, I do believe it was partly due to my absence, and I apologize for that. With me out, multiple other members of the community team (such as Ocho, Brasse, and Fasti) were stepping in for me. In the large amounts of work of preparing the tournament and September Update, the formal announcement was overlooked. For that we apologize, and will work towards fixing that issue should one of us be absent in the future.

You did the right thing, removing them saved a huge #castlegate as those who login first get free castles.

However, I do worry if you guys had any back-up plan incase the pack removal didn't work. Khrolan mentioned it was not announced sooner as he was sceptical of the deletion script.

Feels a bit improvised. Surely you could of tested it on PTS?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast