+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Compensation package is a joke

Can't reliably play for almost 2 days on LEGACY (don't give a crap about anyone on fresh start) and we get less in a pack than you can make in 1 hour of playtime.

Good compensation is big job

Quote Originally Posted by LC Phantom View Post
    You use a Chinese proverb translator everytime you respond on these forums?

Man who speak word of Confucius will leave other man in confusion.
    Just like a f2p account is a potential patron account in-waiting. The man in confusion is a potential man of wisdom in-waiting. The man in ignorance has no potential in future for him. In confusion, raise understanding. In understanding, arose wisdom. Therefore, confusion is the mother of wisdom for one know not that one is wise without the reference of one who is not and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisha View Post
    Yet you all log in again. No cancelrd subs. No uninstalls. Trion is doing something rigjt.
    Came back to the game with a group of about 100 friends and guild mates who had moved on to another game a year or so ago. We heard about 3.0 and the fresh start servers, we decided to return. We stuck it out through the initial couple weeks of instability, but the subsequent issues have slowly eroded peoples enthusiasm. About 1/3 of the people I returned with have left the game, the majority of the rest are logging in less and less. As individuals patron time comes up for renewal, I think we will see more people opt out. For someone on Reckoning, this latest compensation is just a slap in the face. It won't prevent anyone from leaving, it only serves to increase the feeling that Trion doesn't understand the impact the downtime, d/c's and loss of objects like hereafters and scrolls has on the players. I am only sticking around at this point because my patron still has some time left. I'm using this latest downtime to visit the players who went back to the game we came from, I might follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcheAger View Post
    Expect little, gain most. Expect a lot, 'lose' most.

Expect nothing, gain everything.

Pick your perspective. Everyone is right depending on which perspective you pick. No one is wrong. So there is no debate here. The choice which perspective you pick is yours and only yours. No one has an influence on which perspective you choose. No one. If blame is to be apportioned, leave some to your choice of perspective, and not offload 100% of blame to external party. How much portion you apportioned to self vs others is your personal choice again. The less proportion you attributed to external party the less grief you produce. Again the choice is yours, and only yours.
    In all honesty, to me, more than a compensation, it just feels like a slap in the face, I would rather not get absolutely anything than what it seems like a straight insult for being stupid enough to stick around.

I'm so deeply disappointed in this blatant example of how little ♥♥♥♥s Trion gives about it's playerbase - paying or not. (Particularly paying, no offence ... but those of us that pay have not just time but time AND money poured into a ♥♥♥♥ storm). I have seen countless other game publishers and companies, even businesses not in the gaming industry, treat these kinds of ♥♥♥♥ shows with 1000 times more consideration. Trion, your players and payers are your bread and butter. In all my days working under both good and bad management, this is some of the worst. Even the manner in which you conduct your 'Here take your damn compensations you whining babies" posts is appalling.

News flash, Kiddos. CUSTOMERS ARE WHINEY BABIES. PERIOD.
    Every damn industry, every damn company. I've worked in a bunch of different fields. People CRY all the time. But the difference between successful business and unsuccessful business is the simple question of "How may I help you?". And adhering to the request to the best of your ability. A good company will go all out just to make the customers happy and there is NO such thing as a customer that is too spoilt.
    Instead of sitting on your hands, throw some extras in, throw us a damn bone. And address YOUR customers with respect instead of speaking to them as if you're an automated machine spitting out text. There was no mention of how grateful your company is of the ongoing support by the few that remain, or a sincere apology, no human qualities or warmth about it. And believe me, there are quite a number less than 3.0's launch. From personal counts, half my guild stopped bothering and plenty others have too.
    A LOT of people on reckoning have been here from the start. We've had to put up with a PLETHORA of Trion's issues and plenty of us have quit the game multiple times. I know I have. Don't think for a minute that you're in the clear, here. Think about it ... giving a sub-par compensation has now LOST you customers as no one even cares about it. It's worthless. Had you taken the consideration to put together something half worthy of those who have remained LOYAL to your company by continuing to play through your mishaps, perhaps you would have encouraged people who had given up to actually RETURN to the game. If you REALLY want to put together a compensation pack that will make people happy, OFFER it to the community. Make a post for "compensation ideas" and compile the most feasible and poll things.
    ENGAGE with you PEOPLE TRION. REDEEM yourselves.
    ADD the extra Patron, ESPECIALLY considering is still maintenance left to do. Yes, we were given 10 days patron for the first 10 days launch then 5 days on top, but SO many people were unable to log in over the next 5 days (coincidentally over christmas ...) myself included (for about 4 days straight, then only able to login for maybe an hour or two sporadically on the 5th day) that the 'extra' 5 ... seemed more to be something to make up for the days you KNEW there'd be something going wrong while everyone was out of the office. People SEE it, Trion. They aren't stupid. Don't treat them like they are stupid, don't try to fool them, they see right through it. People feel uneasy and unheard by a company they are pouring themselves into.
    We deserve better than this ...
    Current Reckoning Server Status:

TRIOFF

Wow... This is just... insulting Anyway, ty atleast for that... I guess...

let's be honest guys,this 3.0 with the economy strike is basicly destroy the game,no matter what u say,ppl leaving the game day by day and hell no they come back.Only shot to drag new players is 3.0 launch and they failed it fabulouly,this is just WW1,wait till 3.5 update,it's WW2 and i'm pretty sure ur fking friendlist gonna be darker then the dark age

Quote Originally Posted by Aeducan76 View Post
    Exactly. Unless a few hundred (maybe few thousand, if the game does have that much at all) stop spending any money on the game for a flat 6 months or quitting altogether they can do such stuff.

Unless you pull enough ppl together to "strike" on AA and have Trino feel the loss of $$ for a longer period of time, they wonīt change anything. But good luck creating a "Gamers Union".

They could even provide just 1 Gilda Starri Star as compensation. Sure the ♥♥♥♥storm would be real, but would anyone quit because of it? No. So itīs basically the players fault.

That being said keep in mind: The main compensation (15 days patron + a good free mount and some stuff) has already been given out.
    This was considered to be a bonus.

I do still think it sucks, is uncreative and shows little appreciation, but the main comp. was quite okay, even if i donīt care for mounts.
    Well ... you might speak for yourself but speaking from another side, I've had the equivalent of half a guild give up on this game completely and not returned. Others I know can hardly be bothered. There's a few who will say the same if not count for more than I. And I myself have quit this game several times since creating an account at launch because I got tired of the issues and faults and the disregard from Trion.

Secondly, the 15 days patron were to cover for 10 straight days of utter chaos on despair on FS LAUNCH (worst possible time due to land rushes, etc.) and the extra 5 days went toward covering their ♥♥♥♥♥ while anyone who could actually fix the server was out of the office for the most part. I mean ... we had maint scheduled for those dates that were never preformed, the servers began to ♥♥♥♥ themselves a day after the compensation was given out and by day 2 of the 'extra compensation' day ... the server was almost unplayable. No word of a lie I was unable ... COMPLETELY unable to login for 3 days straight. And not from lack of trying ...
    So those 15 'generous' days of compensation was bare minimum.
    I mean ... seriously. I've played games recently that have been dishing out random gifts for their players all over the place, just to say thanks for being an active player. Not even for compensation ... so it confuses me that Trion can't give their players more than one lousy day comp or something to get excited about, even just a more carefully thought out messaging addressing the playerbase;
    "Hey guys!
    Thanks you all so much for sticking with us. We're so sorry for having dragged you all through so many issues, and we're so very grateful for those of you who have stuck by us in this trying time! As thanks ... here's some stuff. Etc. Etc."

EZ PZ ... :/
    Current Reckoning Server Status:

TRIOFF

Quote Originally Posted by Lah View Post
    I'm so deeply disappointed in this blatant example of how little ♥♥♥♥s Trion gives about it's playerbase - paying or not. (Particularly paying, no offence ... but those of us that pay have not just time but time AND money poured into a ♥♥♥♥ storm). I have seen countless other game publishers and companies, even businesses not in the gaming industry, treat these kinds of ♥♥♥♥ shows with 1000 times more consideration. Trion, your players and payers are your bread and butter. In all my days working under both good and bad management, this is some of the worst. Even the manner in which you conduct your 'Here take your damn compensations you whining babies" posts is appalling.

News flash, Kiddos. CUSTOMERS ARE WHINEY BABIES. PERIOD.
    Every damn industry, every damn company. I've worked in a bunch of different fields. People CRY all the time. But the difference between successful business and unsuccessful business is the simple question of "How may I help you?". And adhering to the request to the best of your ability. A good company will go all out just to make the customers happy and there is NO such thing as a customer that is too spoilt.
    Instead of sitting on your hands, throw some extras in, throw us a damn bone. And address YOUR customers with respect instead of speaking to them as if you're an automated machine spitting out text. There was no mention of how grateful your company is of the ongoing support by the few that remain, or a sincere apology, no human qualities or warmth about it. And believe me, there are quite a number less than 3.0's launch. From personal counts, half my guild stopped bothering and plenty others have too.
    A LOT of people on reckoning have been here from the start. We've had to put up with a PLETHORA of Trion's issues and plenty of us have quit the game multiple times. I know I have. Don't think for a minute that you're in the clear, here. Think about it ... giving a sub-par compensation has now LOST you customers as no one even cares about it. It's worthless. Had you taken the consideration to put together something half worthy of those who have remained LOYAL to your company by continuing to play through your mishaps, perhaps you would have encouraged people who had given up to actually RETURN to the game. If you REALLY want to put together a compensation pack that will make people happy, OFFER it to the community. Make a post for "compensation ideas" and compile the most feasible and poll things.
    ENGAGE with you PEOPLE TRION. REDEEM yourselves.
    ADD the extra Patron, ESPECIALLY considering is still maintenance left to do. Yes, we were given 10 days patron for the first 10 days launch then 5 days on top, but SO many people were unable to log in over the next 5 days (coincidentally over christmas ...) myself included (for about 4 days straight, then only able to login for maybe an hour or two sporadically on the 5th day) that the 'extra' 5 ... seemed more to be something to make up for the days you KNEW there'd be something going wrong while everyone was out of the office. People SEE it, Trion. They aren't stupid. Don't treat them like they are stupid, don't try to fool them, they see right through it. People feel uneasy and unheard by a company they are pouring themselves into.
    We deserve better than this ...
    #Sellpublishingrights

Take your money and run before you ruin the playerbase beyond any type of repair trion

I am kind of saddened to be associated with this game just now. Not sure who is worse, the belly-aching player base that just cries out every time there is a single problem. Or the dreadful way the game creators and publishers managed the launch of what should have been a kick strart for the game. Nothing changes in truth. One thing I do know is that I am likely to lose all that I have created yet again as my server gets merged cus of all the negativity and player losses. I can't make players activily populate my server. I play every day and try my best. But players are going to start complaining and screaming for mergers and ' THAT ' is what I fear most.

So enjoy your ' compensation '. In truth it sounds like it could never have been enough to satisfy some of the current player base. And when you go back into the game maybe try farming those empty plots and making a difference to the game and encourage others to play. The only way forward is to be positive irrespective of any views you may have.

For me I will not take the compensation. I will just make a simple plea to the publishers. Please, I am begging you don't merge my server. Once was bad enough, twice will be truly heartbreaking. Well done for making the game a place I love. I may moan as others do when it gets hard to play but when the dust settles it still is the best game there is at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast