+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SOOOOOO what is it that Trion Keeps chaing in the EULA?????

SOOOOOO what is it that Trion Keeps chaing in the EULA?????

seems kinda fishy....
    anyone notice any changes?

You have to read every single paragraph, there are 3 buttons spread out the EULA you have to click to unlock the big OK button.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

So you accepted the eula. WITHOUT READING THE DAMN EULA? Wtf is wrong with you

I hope its not like EA/sony/etc... You cannot sue us, no refunds, we decide which is good which is bad, we are the masters of the universe.. and stuff like that

I am dyslexic I cannot read that... lol

It's not fishy, it's a good business practice. What stood out to me were the prolonged light flicker and epilepsy warnings. Sounds very sensible to give a warning so as not to be liable for actions which are a players responsibility. I'm sure they have a legal department which reviews and updates the End User agreements annually. The product is XLgames, and under the control of Trion and we agree to have the privilege to play.
    Don't nerf crafting, it's already too expensive and labor intensive to be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyranos View Post
    I hope its not like EA/sony/etc... You cannot sue us, no refunds, we decide which is good which is bad, we are the masters of the universe.. and stuff like that

I am dyslexic I cannot read that... lol
    Exactly that.... all companies have that. They decide EVERYTHING, anything in game can change without warning.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    Exactly that.... all companies have that. They decide EVERYTHING, anything in game can change without warning.
    well funny thing is that because of exactly that point, ultimately EULAs like this dont at all hold up in court, so its kinda a waste of time on the company's part TBH... these EULAs represent contracts of adhesion (basically the legal term for what your saying above)

see section on contract of adhesion and related article on unconscionability: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_form_contract

Quote Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
    well funny thing is that because of exactly that point, ultimately EULAs like this dont at all hold up in court, so its kinda a waste of time on the company's part TBH... these EULAs represent contracts of adhesion (basically the legal term for what your saying above)

see section on contract of adhesion and related article on unconscionability: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_form_contract
    There's been court cases where things like EULAs and such were upheld, and others where they weren't. So it more depends on the case than anything.

But seriously though, it's a bit sad some rather suggest conspiracy than use common sense.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Country and State laws above > any EULA

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    Country and State laws above > any EULA
    well said, and i hope people know that
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltShaker View Post
    So you accepted the eula. WITHOUT READING THE DAMN EULA? Wtf is wrong with you
    i actaully read and compared last night's one to the older one
    and no i didnt click anything yet
    but i didnt have time to read anything this evening becasue i had to go out
    so i guess i better get my lawyer glasses out of its case

+ Reply to Thread