+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 'creators' selling the codes given to them for gold or apex

'creators' selling the codes given to them for gold or apex

Is it allowed for the creators to sell the codes given to them to give away? Every time they send out new codes faction/trade chat is spammed with people trying to sell the codes for gold or apex on reckoning. I know this isn't a reckoning only issue, but I cant imagine why it would be allowed for them to GAIN from this. These people obviously aren't streaming or giving them away and only using them to get like 40 apex a month off the codes trion give to them.

just like this ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Genius on reckoning is doing :

http://imgur.com/a/HxyK6

They need to strip all gold and apex from people found to be doing this because it's straight up not fair to the player base

Quote Originally Posted by Antihero55 View Post
    Is it allowed for the creators to sell the codes given to them to give away? Every time they send out new codes faction/trade chat is spammed with people trying to sell the codes for gold or apex on reckoning. I know this isn't a reckoning only issue, but I cant imagine why it would be allowed for them to GAIN from this. These people obviously aren't streaming or giving them away and only using them to get like 40 apex a month off the codes trion give to them.

just like this ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Genius on reckoning is doing :

http://imgur.com/a/kgNnn

They need to strip all gold and apex from people found to be doing this because it's straight up not fair to the player base
    As another creator and others in our discord, I'd quite disgusted in that. I mean sure it can be for profit because it can be hard to find these people out, but the fun comes from giving them away. If you're only a creator to make profit then better to not be one really. It states in our terms "Giveaway codes are not to be sold in any way, doing so may get you removed from the Creator program."
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

...you know it would be really easy to scam people like that. All you'd have to do is link an item you might already have from the code giveaway and say "selling codes". Once you get the gold, the other person finds out there's no code.

Finally, here are some important guidelines to bear in mind:

While you’re not a direct representative of Trion Worlds, your behavior will reflect on the Creator Program, so please keep it within acceptable limits or you may be removed from it.
    Unless otherwise stated, any and all codes will expire 30 days following from when they’re sent.
    Don’t sell, trade, or directly share giveaway codes. Giveaway codes must be given away fairly and selling codes will get you removed from the Creator Program.
    If a giveaway winner has difficulty with a code, email us with the code, their Glyph ID or email address, and the issue they’re experiencing.
    If you have friends or fellow content creators who would like to receive codes ask them to apply and please treat your fellow Trion Creators with respect.
    If you have any questions, requests, or concerns about Creator misconduct, do not hesitate to contact us! We can be reached via email at creators@trionworlds.com
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

5.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #5
    Creator Program Overlord Trion_Mobi's Avatar
    The Creator codes are not to be sold in or out of game, you can screenshot, include the name and server, and report to creators@trionworld.com if you see it. Players that do so are likely to get the item removed and taken out of the Creator program.

http://imgur.com/a/uhCAH

pretty lame how so many are getting rich off this when the codes are supposed to be given away if people are gonna abuse it they should stop the creator program

Quote Originally Posted by Trion_Mobi View Post
    The Creator codes are not to be sold in or out of game, you can screenshot, include the name and server, and report to creators@trionworld.com if you see it. Players that do so are likely to get the item removed and taken out of the Creator program.
    Yeah what he said
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

It's really sad that some of these ppl got free codes and actually sold them for their own benefits. If they really did that, I am sure they won't be in creator program anymore. No more free codes for them.
    Tikus Gaming
    Trion Creator

"Never Too Late To Be What You Might Have Been."

Subscribe to my YouTube <3
    Follow my twitter
    Like my facebook

I know one guy who got over 3k gold the first 2 weeks selling the christmas costume. They need to be vocal about selling this stuff is punishable otherwise people will continue to abuse

10.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #10
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antihero55 View Post
    I know one guy who got over 3k gold the first 2 weeks selling the christmas costume. They need to be vocal about selling this stuff is punishable otherwise people will continue to abuse
    It's in the terms players agree to when they sign up as a creator, and it's also in their welcome email the moment they are accepted. We are super clear about how these codes need to be given away, not sold. We also operate the creator program on a one strike policy. Basically, if we catch you doing this, you're immediately out -- no warnings or second chances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast