+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do events overlap?

Why do events overlap?

Why do Mistmerrow and Ocleera Rift overlap?

This is multiple times now that doing Mistmerrow is a total screwup because the "leader" thinks it s great idea for the raid to start MM and then teleport to Ocleera. The players get ♥♥♥♥ed because not enuff are left at MM to compete or even do towers, and the ones running off to Ocleera get all strung out and cant complete that event either. Or as what happened today, Reds are camping Ocleera and you cant even get there. Did not complete MM OR Ocleera. Again.

Yeah, I know, you blame it on the idiocy of the stupid raid leader, but one person should not be Blocking 49 others from completing the quests.

However, Trion could fix this by simply making sure none of the event overlap each other timewise. That way we, the majority of the players, dont have to "hope" the raid leader wont screw us over.

We're still waiting for trion to figure out how to properly convert time zones, so maybe they will fix this in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheydere View Post
    We're still waiting for trion to figure out how to properly convert time zones, so maybe they will fix this in a few years.
    LOL. What is interesting is the Forums put a four letter word into my message that I did not use. I used s c r .. e w e d (spelled normally)

at least I thought i did

The time zone issue is a separate issue imo, really it shouldn't be that hard for xl to make the event calendar an actual coded object view in game based on your own computer settings so you can see time without having to do utc conversions and also go to a separate tab in the game to see the server time for the other events. This is just laziness in development.

The events overlapping however is a conscious design decision (as stated by XL) to assist in preventing any one guild/faction/nation from controlling all content.
    The Original Sultan of the Sea
    Est. Alpha Launch - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sternweather View Post
    The time zone issue is a separate issue imo, really it shouldn't be that hard for xl to make the event calendar an actual coded object view in game based on your own computer settings so you can see time without having to do utc conversions and also go to a separate tab in the game to see the server time for the other events. This is just laziness in development.

The events overlapping however is a conscious design decision (as stated by XL) to assist in preventing any one guild/faction/nation from controlling all content.
    Actually its directly related to the OP's post. If they change the times they have to be conscious about what time it is in each time zone for said event. I mean unless you just want a dice roll of the times and let RNG sort it out, I do love to gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sternweather View Post
    oc was designed to be done during peace time, there's nothing to contest, it's suppose to be an event where all players work together to fight off a shared npc enemy while newer player collect items for catchup gear. Trion turned it into a pvp event. Mistmerrow is a faction event where both sides compete for control of aurorian technology. Neither events have anything to monopolize for guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
    oc was designed to be done during peace time, there's nothing to contest, it's suppose to be an event where all players work together to fight off a shared npc enemy while newer player collect items for catchup gear. Trion turned it into a pvp event. Mistmerrow is a faction event where both sides compete for control of aurorian technology. Neither events have anything to monopolize for guilds.
    I know that, you know that, almost anyone that actually plays the content knows this.. I was restating what XL stated.. and I can see doing that for Kraken/DGS/Abyssal as those are contested gold giving events.. I don't think the honor events (Mistmerrow,Halcy) should ever overlap as it reduces turnout and OC should have stayed a peace time event (especially since it's tied to an actual storyline progression quest).

As the person above mentioned, I would actually love to see DGS/Kraken/Abyssal be on RNG timers with set minimum spacing between them.

Event timing is soup in this game, heck, even quest timing is soup.. as players we can just learn to adapt and go with the flow though as it's doubtful they'll do much to change it (especially since it's touching old code and that can get dicey with something this size).
    The Original Sultan of the Sea
    Est. Alpha Launch - 2014

+ Reply to Thread