+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The Mage(Ball?) Killer.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rururu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,093

    The Mage(Ball?) Killer.

    Protective Wings Mist Attibute: Protects your allies within a 5 meter radius from magic damage, while being able to attack/cast spells. (Not a channeled skill with the mist attribute; no longer need to sacrifice heals/DPS with the mist attribute!)
    can you cast this from 20 meters away Basically you can put Wings on yourself or a raid member and everyone around that target (And the target itself?) are magic immune, difference is that this is no longer a channeled ability, you can use abilities and move while you are immune, if this acts like a buff then it will last it's full duration despite hellspears/stuns/silence/fear.

    XLgames is trying REALLY hard to kill the mageball and this just might do it.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

  2. #2
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    inb4 mageball still mageball

    edit: Depending on how this additional stuff works, that's too strong of a support ability in any class that uses that skill tree. At least without a better understanding on how it's all supposed to work, it doesn't make much sense to have a skill that negates the damage of three skill trees like that.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    990
    welcome to melee ball. all the baddie facerollers who play dr will now finally be useful in group pvp, just throw wings rotation as part of your faceroll.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kylieslater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    458
    This will ensure that one mageball will beat the other mage ball... Whoever gets wings down first wins.... Mageball isn't going away.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylieslater View Post
    This will ensure that one mageball will beat the other mage ball... Whoever gets wings down first wins.... Mageball isn't going away.
    Mageball has been going away for ages but people still force it, Revenant is a pretty trash class when everyone around you is 7k GS in cloth. Problem is mutually assured Mageball, if your enemy has a mageball and you don't, you are probably going to lose, this change will only ensure that if there was ever even the slightest chance of you dying, it is eliminated now, Mageball is now a place where you can look up to admire the nice skyline as a warm summer breeze glides across your face.
    Celia, Nation Hero
    < DISASTER >
    "You can lead a Abolisher to water but he can't kill anyone." - Famous Quote
    'The Mouth of Sauron'
    WORLD CHAMPS

  6. #6
    Senior Member Eshva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    can you cast this from 20 meters away Basically you can put Wings on yourself or a raid member and everyone around that target (And the target itself?) are magic immune, difference is that this is no longer a channeled ability, you can use abilities and move while you are immune, if this acts like a buff then it will last it's full duration despite hellspears/stuns/silence/fear.

    XLgames is trying REALLY hard to kill the mageball and this just might do it.
    It actually doesn't mean you can move. You would have to stay still and cast your ablities. Unlike the description for summon wraith where it clearly states you can move

    Summon Wraith Wave Attribute: Has reduced effects of the regular Summon Wraith, however, you are allowed to move. (This is a change from the regular version. The regular one you have to stay in place, or the Curses are cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.
    High end Player - Confirmed Celestrata 1/20/2017
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    ~*~ IIIIII Nation Member ~*~
    Formerly from
    <Stack on me> - The best Yang
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <NaCl> - Kyrios - ☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang



  7. #7
    Senior Member skullhead51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    It actually doesn't mean you can move. You would have to stay still and cast your ablities. Unlike the description for summon wraith where it clearly states you can move

    Summon Wraith Wave Attribute: Has reduced effects of the regular Summon Wraith, however, you are allowed to move. (This is a change from the regular version. The regular one you have to stay in place, or the Curses are cancelled.
    It doesn't state whether the caster or target has to stay still. It also doesn't say if it cancels from movement, CC, or has a shorter time since it no longer requires casting.
    Skullhead - Harani - Kyrios Bard Since Launch - 230k Artistry

  8. #8
    Senior Member Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgame View Post
    mutually assured Mageball
    So is this our mage disarmament treaty?

    Quote Originally Posted by skullhead51 View Post
    It doesn't state whether the caster or target has to stay still. It also doesn't say if it cancels from movement, CC, or has a shorter time since it no longer requires casting.
    It could also be that the skill drops in place and doesn't move with you. We just don't have details at the moment.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    167
    stop acting surprised. it's battleAGE every change they make is to make sure the kiddos who can only press buttons 1-4 (battlerage users) aren't forced to change specs because it would be too overwhelming and theyd probably quit.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchmenaenae View Post
    stop acting surprised. it's battleAGE every change they make is to make sure the kiddos who can only press buttons 1-4 (battlerage users) aren't forced to change specs because it would be too overwhelming and theyd probably quit.
    I agree.. this is exactly how it is.. period
    A 3k+ gs DR can easily ruin a 5K gs mage. 1.stun.. 2.stun.. 3.stun.. 4.stun.. aint no fun at all.
    Half of every server population is DR.. so pvp is pretty much trashed.
    Better change to DR everyone.. or some similar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts