+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new home for RP

Quote Originally Posted by Leontas View Post
    I'm really curious. Has anyone from our nation made it hard on the RPers? Have we bothered any RP events? o.0
    ^this. Wont even lie, I've seen some outplayed at RP events more then they've tried to wreck RP(which has been 0 times)

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    RP took a heavy hit with 3.0...So it begs the question, Should the RP community transfer?
    This post has made me curious about something. It appears to me that we're talking about two different "RP communities" here: the one consisting of people who regularly go to scheduled RP events (who are not having any problems on either West or East), and another one whose makeup I don't quite comprehend. Could you tell me what you mean when you say "RP community"?

You might remember we've spoken at some length in game. I was surprised when I saw this because I had no idea you considered yourself to be a roleplayer.

We're all RPers! from a certain point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyshin View Post
    We're all RPers! from a certain point of view.
    That's true enough, but if you were to poll players, I'm pretty sure most of them would say they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Leontas View Post
    I'm really curious. Has anyone from our nation made it hard on the RPers? Have we bothered any RP events? o.0
    We have a RP city in Sungold. Thus we bother RP events? I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.
    High end Player - Confirmed Celestrata 1/20/2017
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    ~*~ IIIIII Nation Member ~*~
    Formerly from
    <Stack on me> - The best Yang
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <NaCl> - Kyrios - ☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Arrow

I feel as though the competition level on tahyang has gotten quite high. We are not the same quiet, friendly server we were when I came here. We have some of the most powerful players in the game here. In fact, only kyrios has as many 7k+ players. So I'm just saying, perhaps this not be the best place for the less competitive player.

On a side note, until recently I have been a supporter of the Player Nation as a majority of there players have been helpful to us lesser geared folks. But as of recently, they have kept a very tight grip on trade, seizing just about every boat I've put in the water, or haulers in windscour and cars trying to get out of rook. They know the game and play it well, that's for sure. If it their intention to continue working with the west in order to rebuild it, I can understand that too, But from someone who has always played as a very outnumber easterner, I refuse to rebuild the west with my packs and labor. So I think it is a fair statement that many players would do better elsewhere with so much less working against them.

I mean we do get the occasional people running around looking for trouble. But we don't camp maps (*Stares at Ameno in Rookborne*)
    We honestly do not have server on lockdown or on any type of tight grip, trust me, I've seen servers on lockdown it's not fun for any side.
    Lionheart
    <Outplayed>
    Barcode Nation

I just wish ppl would stop ♥♥♥♥ing whining and go do something >.> apparently since my computer crapped out this ♥♥♥♥ has gotten worse >< West and East have decent numbers, wat they need is for those ppl to want to do ♥♥♥♥ and enjoy it and leaders that can deal with all the bs to get the job done. Seems pretty obvious until that happens this server looks demoralized just cuz they have a decent opposition against them. People can yell zerg all day long its honestly not gonna do jack ♥♥♥♥. Nothings gonna change until the ppl change so might as well buckle down or leave.

Renkaii <Focused>

Thank you everyone for the replies. I do apologize if it sounded as though I was whining. Personally, I'm from Naima, so being outnumbered is all I've ever known in this game. I believe the game is quite a bit different from the game that most of us came up playing. The newer player has a lot less options when it comes down to making gold. Yes, farming got a much needed boost, but let's face it, it is not fun at all, and for many it is a tough pill to swallow being told, this is what you can do.

Losing packs is now on a entirely new level as larder costs have tripled, while their profit margins for the majority of runs are dismal. So loss of packs can really get to a person, especially when they have so much time and money in them.

With regards to the PN, Ive personally been called for assistance only to find amino and the PN working together against the east. Easily killing 4K peeps with DS packs on their backs, so it kind of goes without saying that at least with some members that there is an Ameno/Police treaty. I can only hope that this is not the case for the entire nation, but there is what appears to be information moving to the west from within that is working against us.

And to answer earlier question, I do not belong to any organized RP Group. I have been a tournament Dungeon Master for over 30 years, so for me, RP is shutting off the main and staying in character. I will typically just wander looking for newer people in need to lend a hand to. Unfortunately though we have entered into a time when being a newer player on a legacy server is very tough. I personally have run out of ideas on how I could help other then perhaps suggesting a less competitive server as farming for 6 months is just not anything that is gonna keep people here, but in reality the only option for the less geared.

I think we need only to look back and see what brought so many people to Tahyang in the first place. It was friendly and fun for everyone. No toxicity and honor was a real thing. That is the place I want to get back to, whatever server it is on.

As much as I respect Ameno, we have no treaty with them. So I'm not sure what you are talking about. Ameno is probably the only guild left on server that actually is challenging us at stuff...
    Lionheart
    <Outplayed>
    Barcode Nation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast