+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cart block on prophecy - legit? @celestrata

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Technically, yes, this is blocking. If they just stacked all of their men on both bridges to PK carts, then that would be fine. But because there's a cart blocking the path, even though it can be blown up in conflict periods, this is not allowed and should be reported.
    This is a silly response.

    The point of banning cart blocking was because folks were sitting on alts going afk for hours with their carts blocking a route.

    This is a PvP zone in conflict, folks can just kill the cart, so its not so much as a block as a slow down.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    This is a silly response.

    The point of banning cart blocking was because folks were sitting on alts going afk for hours with their carts blocking a route.

    This is a PvP zone in conflict, folks can just kill the cart, so its not so much as a block as a slow down.
    Her response is not silly. It is in fact precisely consistent with their declaration post on the matter some time ago. Sorry, I'm at work, lunch is about to end, no linky from me atm.

    In that post she outlined that they recognize "blocking" would work in conflict areas due to open PvP = Sandbox for everyone on the matter, but that they could not split that hair due to enforcement difficulties with zones going and coming peace to war. Or something like that. And, as a result, no blockades anywhere it is.

    I'm not arguing with you negatively. I'm pointing out something in her reply that is consistent with their policy on the matter, as stated by them previously.
    If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    324
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...s-and-blocking
    5th paragraph
    "Many of you have also suggested changing the policy to allow blockades within conflict zones. After discussing with the team, there are some issues that could muddle our enforcement of the policy. As some zones have the ability to convert into peace, we may not be able to action blockades effectively during those time periods. Due to that reason, our policy will simply disallow blockades at any time, in any location, peace or otherwise."

    As ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed as it is...
    IT'S A <DISASTER>


    retired -2016

  4. #24
    baaah another crybaby crying about blocking.. this looks like hellswamp halcy.. Ether go to your safe zones.. or get your friends to bloody kill them if you can't kill them yourself.. and stop complaining.
    Forsaken
    Despite the name.. We are nothing but boneheads..

  5. #25
    my friend got banned today because he was sitting at his wagon at rookborne mountain and then got a work call that lasted for 20 minutes. When he got back he was banned by a GM. He wasn't even blocking the passage, another wagon could easily go through it with little effort. Its silly af

  6. #26
    Senior Member Abra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Doneee View Post
    my friend got banned today because he was sitting at his wagon at rookborne mountain and then got a work call that lasted for 20 minutes. When he got back he was banned by a GM. He wasn't even blocking the passage, another wagon could easily go through it with little effort. Its silly af
    I never thought of that scenario. I leave my cart in that spot too as I am transporting packs from one vehicle to the next. I can't even think fo what could be done to prevent that from occuring, say if I had to suddenly go AFK while the hauler was parked on the side of the mountain. I wish our GMs had more sense.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Technically, yes, this is blocking. If they just stacked all of their men on both bridges to PK carts, then that would be fine. But because there's a cart blocking the path, even though it can be blown up in conflict periods, this is not allowed and should be reported.
    I like how in live streams you say you don't link blocking because of lack of options but seem to think blocking in a pvp zone is some how bad when you can literally kill the people doing it.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Technically, yes, this is blocking. If they just stacked all of their men on both bridges to PK carts, then that would be fine. But because there's a cart blocking the path, even though it can be blown up in conflict periods, this is not allowed and should be reported.
    Very sad that trion is so carebear they would ban/punish people using carts to block cars in a pvp zone, don't run packs through pvp zones if you can't take the heat, because a real man would break that cart slay his enemies and roll off into the sunset.

    Stated reasons of why blocking was made against the rules in the first place was because there was no PVP way to solve the problem and nothing you could do at all in some cases. This is just outright hypocrisy and should be reconsidered.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mom's basement
    Posts
    88
    What's sad to me is that your pvp game is so lame that blocking is the best idea you can come up with.
    But don't worry, Trion has you covered.
    You can still harpoon a boat that's in a safe zone and drag it into pvp.
    More lameness, but seems to suit your style.
    And don't forget attacking fishermen that aren't even armed. Real honorable, for you.

    Oh and I almost forgot, make sure that the odds are 5v1, that's the best demonstration of skill.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by 1NTIMID8R View Post
    What's sad to me is that your pvp game is so lame that blocking is the best idea you can come up with.
    But don't worry, Trion has you covered.
    You can still harpoon a boat that's in a safe zone and drag it into pvp.
    More lameness, but seems to suit your style.
    And don't forget attacking fishermen that aren't even armed. Real honorable, for you.

    Oh and I almost forgot, make sure that the odds are 5v1, that's the best demonstration of skill.
    Yeah I've met so many honorable pirates in my life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts