+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Lots of players quiting because of multi boxing

People have there own advantages. Multi account users tend to have a gob of free time, which in theory, not all but I'd assume the majority lack money/jobs or spouses or children.

Again I said not all don't freak out. But some of us invest heavily into the game but lack the time to play due to jobs/spouses/children.

So I've never had a real issue with it knowing people have different circumstances. Being a husband and a father working a full time job, I have to use more cash on the game since I don't have nearly the play time to manage multiple accounts.
    Mongoose
    Denistrious
    West
    -Shadow Empire-

One player, one account, one character. This would make everything in the game more "special", cause you would have to make a lot of thoughtful choices.

Like it is, with this multiboxing stuff, it's just another nail in the coffin of Altage. Ofc players are leaving. This game takes a lot of your free time and in the long run it's not gonna be worth it. Not at all.

This thread is all kinds oh hilarious, though I do appreciate the OP's original candor IE "The game forces people into multibox to be competetive" and I tend to agree. This game is built around multibox and you can scream or hokd your breath until you suffocate but it doesnt change the facts. Crappy hackshield in the beginning stopped ne cromags from multiboxing though anyone with knowledge about computers could easily do so. Then they removed hackshield and multibox was easier, even people who cant operate a pc can do it now (which is fine).

The issue is as follows:

XL and Trino have explicitly tailored NA / EU around the multi account dynamic. Hate it or love it but with the 3.0 changes (and all of the changes before it IE the war on gold) you HAVE to multibox to be competetive. You can come in here and tout your single account but you know as does everyone else that multibox makes it possible to gear up in sooner than a decade (and without spending literally 24 hours in the game every day)

The only way to fix this would be to drastically change the game, remove the labor cap, increase the rate at which it generates, halve the tax rate, revert rediculous war on gold changes etc etc, and somehow IP lock people into one account. I still dont think its even possible with VPN's etc. Lets face it this game and its developers want you to run as many accounts as you want, it helps them make more money and continue the gear/stuff divide that drives the whales and subsequently everyone else.

Multibox is the symptom not the disease........

Quote Originally Posted by rikmarkes View Post
    One player, one account, one character. This would make everything in the game more "special", cause you would have to make a lot of thoughtful choices.

Like it is, with this multiboxing stuff, it's just another nail in the coffin of Altage. Ofc players are leaving. This game takes a lot of your free time and in the long run it's not gonna be worth it. Not at all.
    All games are just a waste of time.

One thing these threads always seem to lack is a suggestion on exactly how you stop multiboxing in the NA market. I'd like to see someone come up with a reasonable way to do it, since games have been dealing with it for decades and no one has come up with any reasonable way to do it yet.

ROFL at this thread.
    People have been using multiple accounts since the beginning of MMO's. If you want to know who started the trend of using multiple accounts you can blame the PVPers. Yes! thats right the Gank n Spank players of Ultima Online. They had multiple accounts so while 1 account was used to gank n spank and steal your gear they had to be online for a certain amount of time and be good to stop bien a criminal. To stop being a criminal they would attempt to AFK their pvp toon inside a building somewhere. They also used multiple accounts to pass the gear they just stole to so in case you killed the ganker you did not get yer gear back because they already passed it onto there 2nd account toon. So they had more than 1 account which allowed them to continue having fun and use a normal toon to help scout for more victims. Then Origin started putting housing limits in so all the players in UO began to use multiple accounts. But it was the PVPers of UO that started the multi account idea, like ronald mcdonald, Blackbeard, Blackthorne (the player) and many many more.

I myself had 3 UO accounts, 2 WoW accounts, 2 EQ accounts, 5 SWG accounts, 2 SWTOR, etc, etc etc. So players having multiple accounts doesnt mean a player has tons of free time either. It just means they want more choices and options, it has not a single thing to do with how much free time a person has. When Swg first got released I bought my 5 accounts played 6 to 8 hours per day as often as possible then went to work for 8 to 12 hours per day, 7 days a week. yes, i was getting hardly any sleep.

Technically all games are a waste of time. Remember we as kids used to have to go hang out at the arcade centers... Then we got computers where we could just sit at home. Just because you dont have multiple accounts and YOU dont want to have more than 1 account, you should not be qquing on the threads crying unfairness. Just enjoy what you have, play with what you have and move on. if it takes you longer to build yer timber coupe, it does. If ya take a tad longer to get yer gear built up, its no big deal.

no matter if you have 1 account or 100 accounts you are still going to play this game or any other game at YOUR own pace. Complaining about others playing and using multiple accounts is pointless just because you think it should be banned. Just enjoy the game at your pace and stop worrying about how much fun the player next to you is or isnt having.

Yes, i have more than 1 account but i dont play mine all at once. I have multiple accounts for the following reasons.
    #1 Tax cost reduction: SInce 3.0 came out and they doubled taxes it has put a cramp on farming and crafting.

#2 crafting professions: you can only have 2 proficiency's at harvesting, 3 in crafting and 2 in misc. maxed out at 230k. Even with snow flakes your remaining professions can only be caped at 180k. So buying the astronomical amount of snow flakes for 1 toon is a pointless and a total waste of effort. Rather than to have multiple toons on 1 account i use multiple accounts for working on my professions as this allows me to use more than just 1 labor pool.

#3 Labor: with the removal of many of the methods of gaining different types of labor pots working on multiple professions has slowed to a crawl. I for 1 refuse to pay 200g per labor pot just so i can gain 1k labor worth in a profession i am working on. To make it easier i use multiple accounts for labor.

having multiple accounts for many players is not about owning all the land they set their eyes on. Its not about running the 5 to 10 hauler train of packs. Most members of my guild including me have multiple accounts but we dont use em for hauling mass packs. those that do those mass hauler trains are not the common practice other wise we would be wall to wall in hauler trains.

just play how you want to play and enjoy the game at your pace and stop worryin about how many accounts the person next to you has. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hatyn View Post
    It is. Who honestly runs multiple accounts and doesn't multi-box pack trains, tradeships, etc if they have a machine capable of it?
    I don't. I have two freighters that almost never get summoned. If I am bored enough to run packs (which is rarely) I use a car because it's fun.
    My alts are primarily for labor/land/loyalty. Actually that's all they are for as I don't move packs actively for money. Are they all logged in at once? of course why would I not have them all logged in. Not only do I have a machine more then capable of running my (4 total) clients at once. I have two other machines I could also run at least a client or two on if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    This is a flat out lie. Multiboxing has been allowed from the start.
    Originally it required a separate computer, virtual machine, or cheat program to load more than one AA at a time. This changed when they removed the cheat detector program that originally came with the game.

The above limits how much multi-boxing occurs, now everyone with a half decent computer can load a ton of clients at the same time. Its excessive and has created many game issues that have gone addressed. I am not sure its worth trying to fix now though, its just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Originally it required a separate computer, virtual machine, or cheat program to load more than one AA at a time. This changed when they removed the cheat detector program that originally came with the game.

The above limits how much multi-boxing occurs, now everyone with a half decent computer can load a ton of clients at the same time. Its excessive and has created many game issues that have gone addressed. I am not sure its worth trying to fix now though, its just the way it is.
    Yes, but it was explicitly allowed by the rules and supported by Trion. There is nothing to fix because it's fair for everyone now where previously only people really determined to do it would. Multiboxing has been here and allowed since the very beginning.

another cry thread, and about the wrong thing.
    does the op even realise even more people will quit because there will be less chance to catch up to p2w people?

Quote Originally Posted by FluXIx View Post
    What you guys think? get rid of multi boxing? or keep it?
    If they remove multiboxing, Trino will probably go bankrupt, because the APEX demand will drop.
    If the whales buy less APEX (because the demand will drop) to get gold without farming, Trino's income will drasticly fall.

The problem is that the economy of the game is built on the gold generation (tradepacks) vs gold sink (rng regrades & rng crafting upgrades), which is brutally RNG-based.
    Brutal RNG leads to brutal gold farming, that's where multiboxing kicks in... it's nearly mandatory to multibox to generate mass gold to compensate for the sick RNG system.

Now, the coming 3.5 updates somehow adresses this issue. Automatic follow seems to get a nerf, which means multi-cart traderuns will be affected, which means some multiboxing accounts will be closed, which means less APEX demand (their price should go down with 3.5).
    At least, the 3.5 update gives a little buff to regrade chances, so the game will be a little less gold sink, and that will compensate for being less friendly to multiboxing.

Well, enough speculation. Wait and see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast