+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heavy CPU usage

Heavy CPU usage

Game is taking 25% of my CPU even in character select... something wrong with my settings or is it just archeage being archeage.

It's just ArcheAge being ArcheAge. This is an expected behavior for such a poorly optimized game like AA.
    :: VIP Zharius :: PvP Addicted ::

:: Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 4790 | Asus H97M-E | Corsair 32 GB RAM | EVGA GTX 970 4 GB | Corsair Force GS SSD | CM Nepton 280L | CM HAF 912 | WiseCase 500W Supply | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Logitech C920 | LG 23MP65HQ

:: Suggestions for a better ArcheAge ::
    - Stackable synthesis items
    - Skippable Glyph
    - Tradeable cloak images

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRainX View Post
    Game is taking 25% of my CPU even in character select... something wrong with my settings or is it just archeage being archeage.
    What Antialiasing setting do you have?

Ill bet dollars to donuts its the multithreaded rendering check box. This distributes the load amound all cores for a single client. I think it is supposed to provide smooth frame rate but for me all it does is hog 80% of the system resources. Try to turn that and perhaps seeing if DX9 or DX11 runs better on your machine. When my pc was running hot / bad with AA I turned of multithreaded rendering and shadows and it worked like a char,

Now if you really want to optimize your settings (like for multi client) I run on smallest resolution and lowest settings (with all check boxes removed) doing this I can run upwards of 7-8 and have 0 problems.
    (Aranzeb) - Nth | - Lumberjack Phenom - Baron of the South Rook // North Peri Forest - LAA Member since 2015 "Land Addicts Anonymous" (in recovery) | WTB LAND

Heavy CPU usage
    Game is taking 25% of my CPU
    Heavy
    25%
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by I Have A Dream View Post
    wut
    Pretty much this. Sounds like OP has a quad core cpu and doesnt get why the rendering engine eats a cpu to you know... render.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHTweaked View Post
    Pretty much this. Sounds like OP has a quad core cpu and doesnt get why the rendering engine eats a cpu to you know... render.
    Well the char select maybe a bit more eye candy since 3.0, but even on the lowest settings itīs eating an awful lot of CPU time - try to run 5 clients in char select.

Itīs just a joke this consumes that much resources at this point.

And yeah. The game renders stuff, that takes resources, but even the loaded game takes 3-5 times less CPU power minimized than the client in char select minimized.
    That alone tells you stories.
    A transparent discussion forum with no artificial restrictions on AA and other games

F2P is a lie. There are only costs. Costs have to be paid. Payment grants revenue. Revenue is made through the cash shop. Through the cash shop your bank account will be broken.

lol

If your CPU has 4 threads.

25% cpu usage for a 3d game isnt a high number. Actually its expected that well optimized game will utilize much more while only limit will be the upper FPS limit - which is usually refresh rate of your display.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

+ Reply to Thread