+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On the Future of Archeage...

Question On the Future of Archeage...

Is there even a future to speak of?

I have only been playing the game for a few days and it seems to me that the game is in its death throes. This really sucks, because I think this is a great game with a lot of potential, but there seems to be a handful of things preventing it from reaching its fullest potential. The "Fresh Start" servers are still highly P2W, the community is fairly toxic (although this changes slightly from server to server), and certain servers have an extremely small population that keeps getting smaller. Am I wrong? I really hope that I am, but please feel free to share your thoughts below.

Arlathina // Veangeance // Dwarven Primeval
    Elemire // Veangeance // Elven Arcanist

You rolled on vengeance, you trolled yourself.

Legacy servers are all dead and dying because of fresh starts, they do fresh starts to often to milk the cash, but this is not an ARPG its an mmo that is set up to take years and years to get the high end gear, and you will never be able to get the very best gear even in a full life time. But here they are doing fresh starts over and over like this is path of exile or D3.

Its just a way to keep the game going without having to deliver actual content.

Nah there's nothing wrong with vengeance. Reckoning isn't any better.

The thing with this game is there will always be a super dedicated core that can fill at least one server. While populations are getting low on legacy, and we all know it will eventually happen to fresh start, the ability to merge servers is there as well.

Even currently on Kyrios there is a large influx of players which is creating a unique pvp server. Granted you're going to need 6.5k+ to play with those guys but the opportunity for engaging content is still there.

I'd say the future of archeage is just merges...and hopefully they never try another fresh start because we all know how ♥♥♥♥ty that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatyn View Post
    You rolled on vengeance, you trolled yourself.
    What do you mean? I've also played somewhat on Tahyang. In my opinion, it seems like the choice between a barren server or a server full of toxic animals. Neither option seems overly-appealing.

Arlathina // Veangeance // Dwarven Primeval
    Elemire // Veangeance // Elven Arcanist

+ Reply to Thread