+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the Focus soft cap

What is the Focus soft cap

can someone remind me plz

No diminishing returns on focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    No diminishing returns on focus.
    ok thanz, but i just went from 3885 to 4470 focus with the underwear and no difference, still getting blocked all the time, starting to think ♥♥♥♥ focus all together and just make sure to hit from behind always

There are diminishing returns on focus in that after 1k you start to get less bang for your buck, however, you never reach a cap.

And as far as hitting from behind, why are you not already doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    There are diminishing returns on focus in that after 1k you start to get less bang for your buck, however, you never reach a cap.

And as far as hitting from behind, why are you not already doing this?
    do you guys not understand the term soft cap? if u start to see diminishing terms at 1k then thats the soft cap, so thanz for the answer, but are you sure thats the number, that seems terribly low

as for hitting from behind, didnt say i dont, but in some cases when, in pvp people dont just stand still and let you beat on them lol

The issue here is thinking by stacking Focus, you'll be able to completely break through people's avoidance rate. Do a little reading.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ion-Proc-Order

💀 ✖ ϟ

Quote Originally Posted by Lanceknight View Post
    ok thanz, but i just went from 3885 to 4470 focus with the underwear and no difference, still getting blocked all the time, starting to think ♥♥♥♥ focus all together and just make sure to hit from behind always
    Agreed, none of the PvP stats are worth it on costumes. And just to reiterate, I've seen a number of tests on focus and no indication of ANY diminishing returns and/or soft cap (definitely no hard cap) so I'm not sure why the 3rd poster is claiming a soft cap. It is just linear and acts on each defense stat independently but a fairly small total effect.

Great thread here linked by Neverender http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ion-Proc-Order. As you can see it's a small total effect even with the maximum achievable focus.
    Zeferres cloth melee and archeage millionaire Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    Agreed, none of the PvP stats are worth it on costumes. And just to reiterate, I've seen a number of tests on focus and no indication of ANY diminishing returns and/or soft cap (definitely no hard cap) so I'm not sure why the 3rd poster is claiming a soft cap. It is just linear and acts on each defense stat independently but a fairly small total effect.

Great thread here linked by Neverender http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ion-Proc-Order. As you can see it's a small total effect even with the maximum achievable focus.

just read through the thread, and on a serious note, if that is true, this game is so much more ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed than i thought, oh well gonna roll those focus stats off now
    thanz for the info

Focus is linear, but because of how its applied it has more benefit at the lower end because it is being applied against multiple avoidance stats until they covered. Having enough focus to cover all the incidental/low value avoidance skills is good, but you cannot expect to cover main avoidance stats specially when coupled with battle focus, redoubt, other passives, shield proc, etc.

2500 focus is roughly 7.5% reduction. Applied against my avoidance skills that's a reduction of my overall avoidance by 19%. If I was to pump that to 5k focus for 15% reduction, it would reduce my overall avoidance by an additional 10.5%, so just over half the impact of the first 2500 focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanceknight View Post
    do you guys not understand the term soft cap? if u start to see diminishing terms at 1k then thats the soft cap, so thanz for the answer, but are you sure thats the number, that seems terribly low

as for hitting from behind, didnt say i dont, but in some cases when, in pvp people dont just stand still and let you beat on them lol
    pretty sure its closer to something like 2.4k.

Theres a full spreadsheet and calculator on it i remember seeing somewhere but would have to dig for the link.

edit nvm im thinking of toughness curves.
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

+ Reply to Thread